GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,078
0 members and 1,078 guests
No Members online

Old 04-16-2014, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I just can't eat alone--I had a conversation with my BF about this once, and it makes me feel less like 'happy alone time' and more like 'feel sorry for myself.' Same with the movies--although I'm going to muster up the courage and do that sometime

On the contrary, I can totally do the mall, beach, or just walk around town alone.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I could have sworn I responded to this thread already.

I LOVE DOING THINGS ALONE! Movies are more fun alone (unless it's scary) because I don't feel pressure to laugh when the person next to me laughs. It's very much a fun "me time" thing for me. My first year of grad school, I learned the value of taking my books and going to a casual restaurant to study. Most people do this at coffee shops but restaurants were fine with me doing this, too. I would ask for a small table out of the way and just study while ordering drinks and/or food. I made friends with the servers who got to know me and my regular seat. I agree, I wouldn't go without something to read but I definitely don't need another person to study, pleasure read, or people watch.

I also do beach days and road trips alone. I have been to concerts alone. Honestly, I don't like the pressure of having to find someone willing to go with me, who doesn't mind the cost of the thing I'm going to do (or try to include things in the trip that are out of my budget), etc. I can't stand having to alter my plans because the other person backs out last minute. I don't mind adjusting for things that were meant for two or more people from the beginning (an outing with friends or an SO) but I'm particular about my casual "me time" activities. I'd rather them be just so.

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I have gotten comfortable with going to movies alone, although I'll admit I don't go in prime time. But I have never in my life laughed because someone else was. I HAVE laughed almost uncontrollably in a movie when 90% of the audience didn't get the joke. But hey, that's on them.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Day #2 complete of my solo travel. The flight went off without a hitch and Lufthansa came through with my upgrade. So yeah for that! Upon arrival I couldnt get into my room so I decided to check off the primary thing on my to do list - the thermal springs baths at Heroes Square. While it would have been more fun with a good companion, I've done this kind of adventure with bad companions and knowing what that's like I was perfectly happy to be there alone in a crowded pool in the rain. I went to an Italian restaurant walking distance from the hotel. It was really good, and again, sitting at dinner NOT worrying about how much my companion is drinking or spending made going it alone just fine. If you want to see a bazillion pictures, send me a private and I'll give you my facebook info.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Although sometimes I wish for a serious relationship, I've realized in the past year that honestly, I'm really good at being single. Sometimes I look at it and think, "I can come home from work every day and put on my pajamas and nobody will care. I can eat a baked potato for dinner three nights in a row and nobody will care. I can come home and NO ONE WILL TALK TO ME and that's awesome." When I think of it in those terms, marriage sounds awful. (although I recognize it has its perks!)

I do most things solo - shopping, going to the beach, etc. - but I rarely eat in restaurants by myself. I guess I feel like that calls too much attention to the fact that I'm by myself, I don't know.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Banned

Having oysters and crab legs at the seafood spot. I heard music across the street. This beautiful gardening company has music, wine, and karaoke on Thursdays. I will head there after this.

Solo = not having to ask other people what they want to do this evening