GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,269
1 members and 1,268 guests
No Members online

Old 02-24-2012, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

It took me an hour and a half to get through this week's episode because cbs.com kept freezing...and I feel dumberer for having watched it. I can't even attempt to cheer for the women. Or Colton, whatever team he's on. Speaking of, his only prayer is for the women to keep losing and a quick merge/swap. Even then he's annoying the women and would be on the bottom of the totem if he was able to be a swing vote at some time.

Oh, and nice move sending the in (relatively good) shape LAPD home for a ninny teenager. Brilliant. And woman who voted for someone no one else did: classic sign you're in BIG trouble.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Finally got a chance to watch the most recent episode. Some thoughts...

Jeff wore a green shirt!! It stood out to me, and probably always will, because of Cochran's comment last season that 'talking to her about strategy is like talking to you [Jeff] about shirts that aren't blue.'

Poor Kat. What was she thinking? Was she hot and kept jumping in just to cool off? Or did she really pay that little attention when Jeff was giving instructions? This is the second time the women have failed to listen to Jeff's instructions prior to a challenge, and the second time they have lost. Hopefully, they'll make a connection between the two and start LISTENING!

Colton. Ugh. At least he finally woke up and realized he's playing Survivor and started to put himself into the game. I'm not sure I agree with his claim that it should be named 'Colton's World,' but at least he's gotten his head into the game. I was surprised he told the guys about the HII, and honestly, I expected it to backfire. It'll be interesting to see how that all pans out - I generally like it when the underdogs hatch a plan to take out the power players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
I can't even attempt to cheer for the women. Or Colton, whatever team he's on.

Oh, and nice move sending the in (relatively good) shape LAPD home for a ninny teenager.
I feel ya on how hard it is to cheer for the women. I'm definitely not cheering for Colton.

And regarding Nina being sent home over Kat - yes, I think they made a huge mistake. I thought Kim was going to go with reason instead of the too-quickly and arbitrarily-formed alliance, but alas, she didn't.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
Finally got a chance to watch the most recent episode. Some thoughts...

Jeff wore a green shirt!! It stood out to me, and probably always will, because of Cochran's comment last season that 'talking to her about strategy is like talking to you [Jeff] about shirts that aren't blue.'
I noticed that, too. The green looked good on him.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Colton. Ugh. At least he finally woke up and realized he's playing Survivor and started to put himself into the game. I'm not sure I agree with his claim that it should be named 'Colton's World,' but at least he's gotten his head into the game. I was surprised he told the guys about the HII, and honestly, I expected it to backfire. It'll be interesting to see how that all pans out - I generally like it when the underdogs hatch a plan to take out the power players.
Agree with all of this. I do think telling the others about the HII may backfire, though. What he needed to do was start making some effort at getting in good with all the guys on his tribe and forming an alliance with the ones who aren't in the He-Man-Woman-Hater's Club. Maybe he figured he needed to share about the HII to give the others a reason to form an alliance with his up-to-that-point lazy and whiney butt, but I think it was very risky.

And I just have to say this. I know we all complain about the producers casting models, but sheesh -- when I feel like I need to rinse my eyes with bleach because I've been watching Tarzan prance around in his bikini briefs and even doing Trobriand love dances around the fire, I really want them to cast nothing but models.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
when I feel like I need to rinse my eyes with bleach because I've been watching Tarzan prance around in his bikini briefs
Yes!
I thought it was funny when the girls said it looked like he was naked when he was carrying the crate. Perhaps they could see the humor in it since they didn't have to witness the fireside prancing.

I'm afraid crazy FBI agent? Phillip started a trend with the skimpy underwear. I don't remember any of the men sporting Speedos prior to that. It's definitely a trend that needs to end.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a big fan of the show, the last few seasons haven't really grabbed my attention (the last season I watched all the way through was Heroes Vs. Villains, which, imo, was the best season ever). I like what I've seen so far, though!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Four interesting things about Colton from the Secret Scenes at CBS:
  • Apparently, he is the one who told the guys how to do the immunity challenge. According to Troy(zan), all the guys thought the challenge was made for the smaller and more "gymnastic" girls, but Colton remembered it from an earlier season and told them that the way to do it was to stand as close together as possible and basically hug each other, and while the moving guy took a step to the side, the guy standing still should lift him and move him toward the end. That's why they lined up in the order that they did. So at least he's been worth something on the team and has used his Survivor knowledge for something.
  • Mike seemed to made a comment in front of others about Coliton's HII, though it wasn't quite clear whether he was assuming Colton had one, knew he had one or was just saying "even if" he had one, so it may not be much of a secret that he has it. ("One idol, no idol, doesn't matter." This was after Colton told Mike "You're going home soon anyway.")
  • Aside from the fact that Colton is really irritating all the women, they also don't trust him -- they don't like the way he talks to one or two at a time, and they think he's trying to work something for down the road.
  • Colton says he's "a country club boy" who's never had to do anything for himself. He says he's always had someone -- his mom, his nanny, his boyfriend -- to do everything for him. Meanwhile, apparently everyone in camp is complaining about his (lack of) work ethic.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

You know, I think it's time for Survivor to move to a 2-hours/week format. It wouldn't matter too much whether the hours were back-to-back on Wednesday night, or if they ran it one hour on one night, and the second hour on another night. Either one is fine with me. But it's hard - especially early on in the game - to have any kind of feeling for the vibe of the tribes. When Colton started going off about how he hated Bill's voice (and calling him ghetto trash ), I was truly surprised. We hadn't seen anything at all that would support such a claim.

When we got to tribal council, and Bill launched into his 'THIS IS INTENSE, MAN!!!' routine, I understood what Colton was talking about. But until then... not so much.

I was really put off by the women and their frequent need to mooch off the men. I don't know if the mooching is happening because the tribes are divided by gender, or if it's because the tribes are pretty much in one camp. Whatever the reason is that's allowing this to happen needs to get nixed before the next season. They've really bastardized the whole premise of the show, and it's very un-Survivor-like.

How crazy is it that I'm complaining about how they've wrecked the show, yet simultaneously suggesting that they add another hour each week. Go figure.

Anyway, I'm glad the women have picked it up a bit, but hope they never mooch off the guys again. And I'm happy with the men's choice for who to boot off.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Anyway, I'm glad the women have picked it up a bit, but hope they never mooch off the guys again. And I'm happy with the men's choice for who to boot off.
Once again we saw someone who was voted off claim it because everyone else was intimidated by him. I wonder if, when he watched the show, he got that it was as much 9or more) his arrogance that put the target on his back.

And what to say about Colton. The "ghetto trash" comment was in perfect keeping with some of the Secret Scenes at cbs.com. He's made some smart moves, but good grief he needs to learn how to at least pretend to get along.

As for the mooching, I think it's a function of being in the same camp, to which is added that some of the women expect the men to be chivalrous about sharing.

It doesn't bother me, though. It becomes part of the game and a strategic choice -- when is it in our best interests to mooch/allow the mooching and when is it not? The men should have nailed down a deal on an ember for use of the canoe instead of just suggesting it.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
It doesn't bother me, though. It becomes part of the game and a strategic choice -- when is it in our best interests to mooch/allow the mooching and when is it not? The men should have nailed down a deal on an ember for use of the canoe instead of just suggesting it.
It bothers me because I'm disappointed in the women's inability to fend for themselves. There was nothing strategic about it from their POV, and got insulted when the men brought strategy into it.

I agree that the men should've insisted on some kind of trade for use of the canoe. Actually, I was expecting them to come over and ask for some of the fish. (I was surprised to see the women actually catch the fish. They've been helpless so far - I was expecting that trend to continue.)
Old 03-07-2012, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Colton bothers me, too. Hard to say whether CBS shows his tactics/strategizing now because he's in top three or because he'll make a fatal error. Guess that makes some want to watch all the more.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Colton bothers me, too. Hard to say whether CBS shows his tactics/strategizing now because he's in top three or because he'll make a fatal error. Guess that makes some want to watch all the more.
I'm going with this one.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I loathe Colton.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
I loathe Colton.
This, this, this.

What the hell? WHAT THE HELL? I don't CARE how much you hate someone...to convince your whole tribe to go to tribal to vote someone off? Back in the day, they threw challenges, not just give up immunity. I'm kinda surprised that the producers let that fly. There was also some major editing (obviously) because I couldn't keep straight whether it was Leif or Bill that was going, but it was always obviously Bill. Did I miss them taking Leif aside and letting him know they were using him as a scapegoat, or did he really think he was going, too? I stepped out of the room a couple times, so maybe I missed something?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Holy crap, what a mess.

I can't believe that every single one of the guys agreed to give up immunity. What a bunch of quacks. I understand that they don't want to go against the group for fear of being the next target, but c'mon.

Colton is a bitch. And Tarzan, for whatever reason, has his head up Colton's rear. This tribe is unbelievable.

I can't pull for any of the guys anymore, except for the two who are probably next in line to go - Mike? Jed? I still don't know everyone's names, obviously. But, the two former Muscle Alliance guys are the only ones I have any desire to see move forward at this point. Argh. I still can't believe that all happened last night.

Sabrina, Monica and Kim need to find a way to get in good with the two guys whose names escape me and take it to the end.

ETA: AF, I assume someone took Leif aside and told him what was going down, but they didn't show it. They probably knew that the guys who weren't in the Idiot Alliance would be against it unless it appeared to be a safe move.

Last edited by SydneyK; 03-08-2012 at 08:31 AM.