GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,191
0 members and 1,191 guests
No Members online

Old 06-25-2011, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Need Advice/Guidance on Joining Divine Nine

Hello,

I am a rising junior and interested in becoming involved with a divine nine organization at my school. I am a first generation college student and do not have any family members who are a part of a divine nine organization. I have read the chapter and national website of the sorority I am interested in and I have read several different posts on websites from former and current members of the sorority but I am having trouble distinguishing between what is true concerning the sorority and what is false. Is there anyone who could offer some insight, advice, or guidance on this matter. I'm unsure how exactly to go about the process without overstepping my boundaries or even understepping. Any advice on becoming affiliated with a divine nine would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Signed,
contemplating_j

Last edited by contemplating_j; 06-25-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:28 PM

Um, national websites (or members you know in real life) are the sources of info that D9 members direct people to normally re: joining.

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by contemplating_j View Post
Hello,

I am a rising junior and interested in becoming involved with a divine nine organization at my school. I am a first generation college student and do not have any family members who are a part of a divine nine organization. I have read the chapter and national website of the sorority I am interested in and I have read several different posts on websites from former and current members of the sorority but I am having trouble distinguishing between what is true concerning the sorority and what is false. Is there anyone who could offer some insight, advice, or guidance on this matter. I'm unsure how exactly to go about the process without overstepping my boundaries or even understepping. Any advice on becoming affiliated with a divine nine would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Signed,
contemplating_k

Continue to research, interact with members, and observe. Be more of a silent observer and listener than a talker. Talk when needed and when it can help you rather than hinder. Good luck to you.