GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,327
3 members and 2,324 guests
gatordeltapgh, PrettyBoy, zluspitt7200

Old 02-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Banned

Who would replace Hillary in the Senate?

Think about this, friends:

Hillary is elected pres.

Gov. Spitzer gets to appt. the replacement.

Bill Clinton is the one.

Solves a lot of problems, and gives him something to do.

Maybe he can revitalize his image, and be a Senate leader for good.

More likely, more trouble with interns.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-19-2007, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann.coulter2 View Post
Think about this, friends:

Hillary is elected pres.

Gov. Spitzer gets to appt. the replacement.

Bill Clinton is the one.

Solves a lot of problems, and gives him something to do.

Maybe he can revitalize his image, and be a Senate leader for good.

More likely, more trouble with interns.
This maybe the link that Sock-puppet Ann got her idea from:
The Next Senator From New York, Bill Clinton?

Monday , February 19, 2007

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,252741,00.html
Old 02-19-2007, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I've heard the same thing about Obama. There's rumors Gov. Blagojevich wants that spot for himself. I wish he'd take it.. get him the hell outta here.

But that said, it's way too early to think about that.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
Yeah, I've heard the same thing about Obama. There's rumors Gov. Blagojevich wants that spot for himself. I wish he'd take it.. get him the hell outta here.

But that said, it's way too early to think about that.
Waaaayyyy too early. In fact, there will probably never be an occasion where this becomes a real issue.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock View Post
Waaaayyyy too early. In fact, there will probably never be an occasion where this becomes a real issue.
Shrug, the top two Democrats are senators. I'm less aware of the current positions of the GOP candidates in this field. It may very well matter later. I really don't want Bill Clinton in the Senate. Seriously. His time is done.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I was referring to the prospect of replacing a NY senator, but I think that would apply to Illinois as well. Now if they resigned because of the election, that is a separate matter. I'm responding under the premise that they will keep their seat unless they win the presidency.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock View Post
I was referring to the prospect of replacing a NY senator, but I think that would apply to Illinois as well. Now if they resigned because of the election, that is a separate matter. I'm responding under the premise that they will keep their seat unless they win the presidency.
Oh yeah, that's the big question. I don't think anyone's resigned nor will they I'd bet. Of course, I don't recall anyone caring about Kerry's Senate seat but we shouldn't care about NY or IL at this point either.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Banned

Hillary - Obama cat fight begins

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1003548043

NEW YORK Maureen Dowd's column in The New York Times today, in which she quoted former Bill Clinton supporter David Geffen offering a few caustic comments, has incited a strong Hillary Clinton campaign attack on Geffen -- and the candidate he now favors, Sen. Barack Obama.

Then Obama's team fired back.

"Everybody in politics lies, but they [the Clintons] do it with such ease, it’s troubling,” Geffen had said.

Clinton campaign spokesman Howard Wolfson released the following statement this morning: "While Senator Obama was denouncing slash and burn politics yesterday, his campaign's finance chair was viciously and personally attacking Senator Clinton and her husband.

"If Senator Obama is indeed sincere about his repeated claims to change the tone of our politics, he should immediately denounce these remarks, remove Mr. Geffen from his campaign and return his money.

"While Democrats should engage in a vigorous debate on the issues, there is no place in our party or our politics for the kind of personal insults made by Senator Obama's principal fundraiser."

Obama's team responded a few hours later. Communications director Robert Gibbs just released the following statement:

“We aren’t going to get in the middle of a disagreement between the Clintons and someone who was once one of their biggest supporters. It is ironic that the Clintons had no problem with David Geffen when was raising them $18 million and sleeping at their invitation in the Lincoln bedroom. It is also ironic that Senator Clinton lavished praise on Monday and is fully willing to accept today the support of South Carolina State Sen. Robert Ford, who said if Barack Obama were to win the nomination, he would drag down the rest of the Democratic Party because he's black.’"

Among other things, Hollywood and music mogul Geffen had told Dowd, "God knows, is there anybody more ambitious than Hillary Clinton?" and "Obama is inspirational, and he’s not from the Bush royal family or the Clinton royal family. Americans are dying every day in Iraq. And I’m tired of hearing James Carville on television.”