GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,222
3 members and 1,219 guests
flamboyanttree, g41965, Sarak24034

Old 06-06-2011, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up billboard saying his ex had an abortion against his wishes.

Free speech or violation of privacy? Any thoughts?
Old 06-07-2011, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^
Quote:
The sign on Alamogordo's main thoroughfare shows 35-year-old Greg Fultz holding the outline of an infant. The text reads, "This Would Have Been A Picture Of My 2-Month Old Baby If The Mother Had Decided To Not KILL Our Child!"
Fultz's ex-girlfriend has taken him to court for harassment and violation of privacy. A domestic court official has recommended the billboard be removed.
Both??? Judging from the article it appears that the mother isn't named or pictured in the billboard so I'm not sure if the invasion of privacy claim can trump freedom of speech here.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
^^^

Both??? Judging from the article it appears that the mother isn't named or pictured in the billboard so I'm not sure if the invasion of privacy claim can trump freedom of speech here.
I wonder if he knows a miscarriage is semantically a spontaneous abortion and sometimes women miscarry and need the same procedure (a D&C) as an abortion when their uterus doesn't shed what is no longer a fetus. Though he didn't use her name, if it isn't true perhaps it could be libelous under New Mexico law, though not a federal issue.

Regardless it is in poor taste and now all women in New Mexico and beyond know he's not that bright as well as spiteful so he should never be worried about getting any action from a reasonable woman, and therefore never be concerned with any future girlfriends getting abortions. The billboard company, can't believe they'd take his money for a sign like that, I think they have poor judgment as well and even in this economy sometimes it isn't worth it. If it isn't true, she could potentially go after the billboard company as well.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...fee-in-pennies

No lucky pennies here: Police have charged Jason West, an aggrieved medical patient in Vernal, Utah, with disorderly conduct. His alleged crime? Attempting to pay a disputed medical bill of $25 entirely in pennies.

The story, reported in the Salt Lake City Deseret News, describes the "penny offense" this way: West, 38, did not believe he owed the medical clinic $25 but came in to pay the fee in person. He first asked the clinic staff if the facility accepted cash payments, and then dumped 2,500 pennies onto the counter and demanded that they be counted.

Hmm. Last time I checked a penny was "real" currency. If it isn't then the Federal Treasury needs to take it out of commission.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-23-2011, 04:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Bob Farmer is running for Commissioner of Agriculture for the Commonwealth of Kentucky. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/don-mc..._b_882729.html
Quote:
"Eastern Kentucky is a "different kind of place" where "cars are on blocks and houses are on wheels."

Another clip showed Farmer saying that the FBI would not do work in an Eastern Kentucky county because "all the DNA is alike and there ain't no dental records. "

Farmer said that he saw Pamela Sue with one shoe. "Hey Pamela Sue did you lose a shoe? The response from Pamela Sue was "no I found one."
inappropriate. especially if you're trying to get those people to vote for you.
i am going to share these with my eastern Kentucky friends, though.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Man in port-a-potty tank eludes police..

Police in Colorado said a man spotted in the tank of a portable toilet at the Hanuman Yoga Festival escaped capture while "covered in feces."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/06/...#ixzz1Q5nftCet

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 06-23-2011, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^I am going to take this opportunity to go back to reading my HP book now. A grown wizard attempting to murder an 11yo disturbs me far less.

*backs out of thread slowly*

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 06-24-2011, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

This afternoon The Huffington Post published an article by Rabbi Jason Miller entitled Delta Adopts Saudi Arabian Airlines’ No Jew Policy. Granted, this headline is catchy and is inflammatory enough to make the story go viral … likely even to reach my Mother, who will be outraged and possibly forward me a link sometime in the next few days … but in reality so much of the article is incorrect that I don’t even know where to start.
Please read : #Delta “No Jews” Policy – Could This Story Be More Wrong? - http://bit.ly/jNjvJD#travel
Old 06-24-2011, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

AND YOU POSTED IT TWICE? WTF. Also why are you copypastaing twitter
Old 06-27-2011, 05:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
There's an update, a judge (state district court) ordered it to be taken down.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/articl...rd-1437977.php

There's a picture of the billboard, and yeah, the guy looks much like I expected.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
There's an update, a judge (state district court) ordered it to be taken down.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/articl...rd-1437977.php

There's a picture of the billboard, and yeah, the guy looks much like I expected.
I was totally gonna post this.......

ETA: It's F@*!!king Alamagordo, what do you expect?????
Old 06-27-2011, 08:19 AM
GreekChat Member

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/jun/.../bit.ly/luhngO

Woman Sprays Deputies with Breastmilk

"A Westerville woman is jailed in Delaware County after deputies say she sprayed them with breast milk while they were trying to arrest her on a domestic complaint at a wedding.

The husband and other witnesses described a domestic dispute that erupted during a wedding celebration at Bridgewater. They said Stephanie had struck her husband and then locked herself in a car.

When deputies approached the vehicle to speak to Robinette she began yelling profanities and refused to exit the vehicle. When deputies attempted to remove Robinette from the vehicle she advised the deputies that she was a breastfeeding mother and proceeded to remove her right breast from her dress and began spraying deputies and the vehicle with her breast milk."

Part of me says "WTF?" And the other part of me says "How does one exactly spray breatmilk? A boob isn't like a super soaker. Unless she has some amazing range!"
Old 06-27-2011, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Some women have a let-down like a fire hose. That's all I will say.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

^ Craziness! Maybe thats why I had to supplement with both mine! (I still giggle at the mental image of a woman hosing down police with breastmilk. I'm picturing a Scarface-esque scene with the moma yelling "Say hello to a little bit of my milk!")
Old 06-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
^ Craziness! Maybe thats why I had to supplement with both mine! (I still giggle at the mental image of a woman hosing down police with breastmilk. I'm picturing a Scarface-esque scene with the moma yelling "Say hello to a little bit of my milk!")
YOU WIN!