GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,431
3 members and 1,428 guests
aantonygooglet9, John

Old 10-10-2002, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool Round 3

For round 3 I was a little disspointed, but not surprised... I was invited back to house #'s 3 (KD), 7, and 9... I was determined to have a great time and I did

House #3 (KD): Today was house tours- I had seen the house many times before (have a few friends who live in)... I still had a great time, and got to meet even more girls- i met one girl who i totally love- we have so much in common and she's such a sweetie

House #7: had a great time, met a few more girls- had some really good fruit juice, lol (we had juice at other houses too, their's was just really good, lol)

House #9: Sweet girls, had fun touring the house, but still didn't click with them- unfortunately didn't get to see their "real personality" (remember, I've rushed before and been on campus for a year- i have seen them be themselves before, just not during recruitment this year ).

Overall had a great time, but I was getting exhausted from recruitment... it's a lot of things to do and people to meet in such a short amount of time... i was ready to just go home and hang out w/ my friends by the end of the day, lol
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-10-2002, 02:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Last round

Well, for pref I was very nervous to find out where I had been invited back... we did recruitment a little different this year where we picked up our invites only a 1/2 hour before parties started, so if you were sad or dissapointed you really didn't have much time to get over it... luckily I didn't have to- I was invited back to KD and house #7!

KD- I was soooooo excited to go back here, I almost cried when i got my schedule... i had a wonderful time here and was preffed by a real sweetie... their ceremony was beautiful and i almost cried thinking that these girls could be my sisters withing 24 hours I knew as soon as I walked in that I was home... they didn't have to do much to convince me on this night- I was already sold

House #7: I had a great time here! The girl that preffed me last fall is actually the president of the house now- and she preffed me again this year... as soon as she called my name i was soo happy... by talking with her and really looking around at the other girls, I knew that i was NOT going to suicide this year- they are awesome girls and I would have been proud to call them my sisters.

And the rest is history- I finally got to go to Bid Day... my sigma rho chi handed me my bid with a little smile on her face- i didn't even open my card all they way- I just saw the words Kappa Delta and almost started crying- I hugged my rho chi forever and then went to join my new sisters! I had such a great experience this time around, which is what i wanted- no matter the outcome... I still see many of the girls from my rush group and see my rho chi around (unfortunately she didn't end up being in my house, but i hope to keep in touch with her )... Overall it was a great experience..

I've been reading all the rush threads lately and have seen so many happy threads and many that ended with dissapointment... to those who had a happy ending, congrats!!! I hope you enjoy your new home... to those who didn't get that happy ending they wanted- i can totally sympathize- it happened to me... twice! I just hope you all realize that you are awesome and open minded people... if you decide that greek life is not for you, then that's great for you- just be happy with who you are For others, i strongly encourage you to give it another chance- you never know what happy things may come

Thanks again to everyone on this board for all of your support- I really don't think i'd be happy in my new home without all of your support and encouraging words... thank you
Old 10-10-2002, 02:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Um, the reason that people do the numbers instead of chapter names is so that should there be members of that chapter on GC they won't see whether or not you liked the house while going through recruitment. So do you think you could tell us which chapters were which numbers?
Old 10-10-2002, 07:00 AM
GreekChat Member

GiantsChic, I am so happy for YOU sweetheart! What a wonderful story and you gave us a happy ending to boot! I have no doubt the you will bring as much to KD as KD will bring to you!
Great story, great way to start my day!
Old 10-10-2002, 07:14 AM

GiantsChic, I'm just so darned happy for you and for Kappa Delta. I admire your determination and dedication and I'm so glad it paid off for you!

Congratulations!!!!

Fraternally,
Christin
Old 10-10-2002, 08:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Big KD hugs and congratulations to you!!!! Enjoy your new sisters!!!! They are lucky to have you!
Old 10-10-2002, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome home sis!
Old 10-10-2002, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on KD!
Old 10-10-2002, 09:39 PM

Talking Woo Hoo!

I'm soooo glad that you finally posted this!

I'd been wondering if you had pref'd the same houses again. I'm so stoked to know that even though you are now a KD you were at least willing to give SK (#7) a chance. I would have been jumping up and down if you'd ended up there.

I'm disappointed that #9 was not being themselves. The girl that was President last year is friends with some girls that were in my chapter. Such a doll! Hopefully once sorority row opens they'll be on more even footing, since they really have an apt complex.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Woo Hoo!

Socal Girl, I really did have a great time at house #7 this year- i think i needed last year to do a little growing and get my priorities straight- they are awesome girls and like i said before, i would have been proud to call them my sisters

As for house #9- they too are very sweet girls- one of the girls in my rush group went there... luckily i've been on campus for a while so i know how great they really are- i also hope things change on my campus and they are able to be themselves
Old 10-11-2002, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!! I know that you will have an awesome time as a KAPPA DELTA! Welcome to the sisterhood!!!
Old 10-11-2002, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I know exactly how you felt. I've rushed:

4 times when I was at college

Last edited by GreekHopeful; 04-02-2003 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-11-2002, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Congratulations!