GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,341
0 members and 1,341 guests
No Members online

Old 03-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

I once saw pictures of a Phi Mu Christmas skit. I don't know what the plot was but oh, the decorations were gorgeous--white lights everywhere and it looked all wintry.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

I can't believe that I'm even admitting it, but I was a bootlegger for a Roaring Twenties theme - terrible, terrible skit!

We also did a Cinderella based theme, but it was great! The Fairy Godmother used a glittered plunger for a magic wand & spoke in a Brooklyn accent, the pumpkin coach was a laundry hamper on wheels, and I was Bouncing Bunny, the Narrator! We got a 90% return rate on that one!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the Christmas thing wouldn't have been so bad if it had been more "Winter Wonderland" than "Birth of Jesus". A winter theme could have been pulled off in August.
The worst part of it was that all of the chapters had to buy the rush package. There was no choice if it would fit in with the campus demographic or not. I remember we got it, looked at it, and decided we would stick with what we had planned to do. So we were stuck with this package of stuff that was useless but had to pay for it anyway. A number of the chapters on the coasts, if I remember correctly, felt the same way and those packages soon started collecting dust in storage closets.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

My chapter did an awful skit loosely based on, as near as I can guess, those old, old silent films where the villian, dressed in black top hat and cape, kidnaps sweet Nell, the virginal heroine of the piece. Nell is rescued by some Dudley Do-Right character named "Ichosea Zeta Blue. I have no memory whether the villian was another house trying to steal the girl away from ZTA or someone trying to keep the girl from going greek. It was so corny, with over the top characters, and as a pnm I was embarrassed for the girls in the skit-as a sister I was embarrassed that the chapter still did it. I think by the time I was a senior we had scrapped the skit.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkAOII View Post
I think the Christmas thing wouldn't have been so bad if it had been more "Winter Wonderland" than "Birth of Jesus". A winter theme could have been pulled off in August.
The worst part of it was that all of the chapters had to buy the rush package. There was no choice if it would fit in with the campus demographic or not.
Wow...yeah, no way that would have been a good theme idea where I went to school. Not only was AOPi one of the main predominantly Jewish sororities, but almost all houses had a large portion of Jewish members. Of course a large percentage of PNMs coming through would have been Jewish, as well, and probably would have found that theme less-than-appealing, I’m sure!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I still remember being involuntarily assigned to be one of the "tuxedo dancers" in a take-off of the Marilyn Monroe "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend" number. On one of the hottest days in August, six of us had to don faux tuxedos (and they were wool), pull our 80's teased hair into tight buns, wear ill-fitting top-haps, and twirl around one of our cutest, petitist, blondest members as she warbled modified lines of that classic. Yes, we were six of the tallest girls in the chapter and I am not a gifted dancer. Everytime I hear that song, I still feel resentful.

Last edited by sdtennisgal; 04-04-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 04-06-2012, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post

33 is right, philanthropy should be replaced before skit is but I have no clue what they could replace either one with.

How about just talking with the PNMs more? Wouldn't that be a novel concept? Getting to the know the women a little bit better? I think philanthropy round should just be a video/talk about the sorority's philanthropy.

I was never the member who loved recruitment. I have to be in the "right" mood to force myself to socialize with people I don't know. I was a good recruitment chair, because I just had to do the work to get the parties planned and executed.

The only skit I ever remember us doing was Grease. It was fun.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
How about just talking with the PNMs more? Wouldn't that be a novel concept? Getting to the know the women a little bit better? I think philanthropy round should just be a video/talk about the sorority's philanthropy.
If you have open houses, skits, house tours, and prefs, doesn't that make for a good four rounds? Assuming you have a house, of course. Otherwise? Yeah, just talk more.