GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 1,234
1 members and 1,233 guests
No Members online

Old 07-02-2012, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAuburnMom View Post
If my daughter gets a bid, he may have to make pick up some goodies for me too.
I'm sure he'll be happy to.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AUAZD2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AUAZD2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVol View Post
I'm trying to decide if I want to make the trip twice in one week. Second time would be solo unless I can find another AU mom in this area who wants to go with me. If not, my son will be there and he knows that as soon as bids are handed out (assuming a favorable end to recruitment), he's to go straight to Tiger Surprise for some goodies!
When I was a freshman my parents sent me my myself to move into the dorms and go through recruitment and they came up at the end of the week for Bid Day. And we only lived about 3 hours away in Mobile, AL. I don't know if I could miss my (hypothetical) child's first move into the dorm.

Also if you can't be there on Bid Day but you want to get your daughter a Bid Day gift, several of the boutiques in Auburn will put together baskets to be delivered to your daughter on Bid Day. They usually advertise in the Recruitment handbook and can be pre-ordered. They take a copy of the Bid List to make sure each new member is matched with the right swag on Bid Day.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I've seen guidelines for the 7th-13th but what do girls usually wear on the 6th for orientation?
Old 07-03-2012, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I, too, just sent a rec off for an Auburn-bound girl. She will be a great asset to the Greek community and I wish her the absolute best. As for it being something to see, one of my friends went down for her daughter's bid day in 2010 -- the FB pictures she posted were great! Looked to be quite the event.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAuburnMom View Post
I've seen guidelines for the 7th-13th but what do girls usually wear on the 6th for orientation?
I believe that there were photos on here a couple of years ago showing PNMs waiting outside for their recruitment orientation to begin. Their outfits ran the gamut-girls is casual shorts and t-shirts, girls in cute shorts and tops, girls in sundresses, etc. They emphasize that the sorority members(except for Rho Gammas and Panhellenic Exec.) will not be in attendance, so that the PNMs should dress comfortably.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Move-In is one month from today! Wow! As much as I think we have everything together and ready to go .... I can make a list of 50 more things to do or prepare! :0
Old 07-08-2012, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! Maybe we are getting our ridiculously hot weather out of the way early. I doubt it....but one can dream!

This will be my daughter's first year on the other side. Her first year was great and she has made so many wonderful friends!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I believe that there were photos on here a couple of years ago showing PNMs waiting outside for their recruitment orientation to begin. Their outfits ran the gamut-girls is casual shorts and t-shirts, girls in cute shorts and tops, girls in sundresses, etc. They emphasize that the sorority members(except for Rho Gammas and Panhellenic Exec.) will not be in attendance, so that the PNMs should dress comfortably.
I can tell you that orientation event was the first time in my life that I felt like I wasn't pretty enough. I never thought I was a beauty queen, but I could hold my own. Until I got in a room with 800 women who all looked like beauty queens.

I would recommend a rushee go into orientation dressed supercute casual for that event, just so she can feel as good about herself as possible, but not because she is actually being scrutinized.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
I would recommend a rushee go into orientation dressed supercute casual for that event, just so she can feel as good about herself as possible, but not because she is actually being scrutinized.
**LIKE**

Old 07-13-2012, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I think y'all are confusing two events for one: The night before rush starts is when you go meet your Pi Chi and everyone that is in your group and most people go in norts and t-shirts or regular shorts and tops. The morning that rush starts theres convocation for all of the PNMs and that's when the Pi Chi's and Panhallenic EXEC and the Presidents are all there. Thats the one that the girls should be dressed to the nine's with hair and makeup done because parties start 30 minutes late.
TFJ <3*
Old 07-14-2012, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Three weeks from today we'll be in Auburn to move our daughter into her dorm bright and early (7 a.m.!) the following morning. And then she'll start rush.. Hoping and praying that she has a great recruitment and finds her perfect fit.

She is the baby of the family and it's hitting me harder than I ever dreamed it would.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I am not going through recruitment again, but good luck to all Auburn PNMs! I don't know how many of you will keep up with this thread during recruitment, but if you find yourself without a bid then feel free to message me! I was not in a sorority, but I was incredibly involved during my freshman year and I would love to tell you how to get involved on campus if a GLO isn't an option for you!
Old 07-22-2012, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Two weeks until Move-In Day.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

like!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

I wonder how many girls have signed up for recruitment at Auburn this year?