GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 311,734
Threads: 115,251
Welcome to our newest member, bradajnra2366

Old 06-06-2011, 09:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I think this could work IF the CC was pretty much next door (like, literally the next building over) to the college/university.

If a lot of their pledging was "long distance" though - even if the "long" was only 10 miles or so - I think that would be a mess. We talk about how it's possible to join as a commuter, but you do have to make extra effort. This would (conceivably) be a whole class full of that.

There are also all different kinds of CCs. Some are mostly 18-19 year olds saving money or getting their grades up, some are mostly adults returning to school. If you open that door, you have to recognize that all kinds of people will come through it.
Well, orgs still have the right to choose members as they see fit.

At schools with fall rush, maybe this is less of an issue, because you can have two full years as a collegian. For schools with spring rush, though, you barely get any time in the chapter. What if women could participate in rush as CC sophomores, given that they'd already been accepted to the university holding rush?

Obviously, they'd have to make extra effort to get to know the chapter, and distance could be an issue, but they'd a) be a small part of the pledge class and b) probably be fairly motivated if they went to the trouble.

I'm not saying that they'd necessarily have better recruitment results...it would still be risky to take such a women, but I could also see it being good for chapters who have less-positive reputations on campus to recruit women who haven't gotten there yet. In fact, chapters eligible for spring COB could also go "off-campus", as it were.

I'm just thinking out loud, though...if anyone knows of other things orgs are doing to accommodate more non-trads, I'd love to hear those things, too.

Last edited by DeltaBetaBaby; 06-06-2011 at 09:36 AM.