GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,335
0 members and 1,335 guests
No Members online

Old 04-15-2005, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
lol, we are so on the same page. And i'm finding myself trying to find something to create drama about... and I know i'm doing it! Lol. Like last night when we talked I asked what was up with this weekend, and he didn't know yet (can't blame him, being out of town). I was so irritated by it. Which is stupid b/c he hasn't let me down yet and I know i'll see him. Lol. And i'm telling myself to stop being an idiot.

And just like you, i'm not used to guys doing what they say.
I know! I'm being a total idiot too. Although in the back of my mind I can't help but wonder if this unsure feeling is a sign that he's just not right for me and I already know it? It pisses me off that I'm thinking this way because the boy is seriously everything I say I want in a guy.
On a semi-side note, I took this quiz yesterday at work (very productive, I know) and it said I'm a non-commital person. The damn thing didn't even have anything to do with relationships!
Old 04-15-2005, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by OtterXO
it said I'm a non-commital person.

Hahaha, somehow that does not surprise me.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cashmoney
Hahaha, somehow that does not surprise me.
WHATEVER!!!!! haha...I know, it really doesn't surprise me either. I guess I just had this hope in the back of my mind that I would meet some guy who was amazing and my thoughts on the matter would change. Turns out it's unlikely for us "non-commital" people. You would know...
Old 04-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by OtterXO
WHATEVER!!!!! haha...I know, it really doesn't surprise me either. I guess I just had this hope in the back of my mind that I would meet some guy who was amazing and my thoughts on the matter would change. Turns out it's unlikely for us "non-commital" people. You would know...

Hahaha...I would know? I'm committed to the women I'm with. All 4 of them.

As for the amazing guy part, I'm always told I'm an amazing person. Thats until we break up and the women end up hating men for a long time because of me.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I talked the boy again last night; I suck.

The boy who is crushing on me called me this afternoon while I was napping and I'm scared to listen to the voicemail.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
My little sister and her boy-toy broke up last night. He called her best friend to relay the message that he "didn't want to see her anymore." I think he was really jealous that my sister had all these guys talking to her at the horse show last weekend. Ah, the dramas of 8th grade. She's gonna be a heartbreaker, I can already tell.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

worst date EVER last night...guys pay attention: If you're seriously that cheap that you cant shell out 8 bucks to see a movie, you shouldnt be dating AND dont turn to the girl while standing in line for tickets and say "You're getting these right?"
Old 04-16-2005, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HBADPi
worst date EVER last night...guys pay attention: If you're seriously that cheap that you cant shell out 8 bucks to see a movie, you shouldnt be dating AND dont turn to the girl while standing in line for tickets and say "You're getting these right?"
ouch. Well, at least you don't have to waste your time figuring out if you like him
Old 04-16-2005, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
ouch. Well, at least you don't have to waste your time figuring out if you like him
True this is what I get for giving a guy a second chance...this is the same one who on date #1 complimented me on my nice calves (see earlier in this thread). We're 0-2 buddy, I'm going to stop wasting my time.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: In the deep south (and there's no place I'd rather be)
Went out last night, saw the guy who got my # two weeks ago while I was still dating my other boy. The guy who got my # called twice almost everyday, but I was always at work or in class. I didn't really want to talk to him at the time either cause I was with the other guy. WELL to make a long story short, the guy was still interested in talking to me even though I ignored him for 2 wks. This is so awesome.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CUGreekgirl
Went out last night, saw the guy who got my # two weeks ago while I was still dating my other boy. The guy who got my # called twice almost everyday, but I was always at work or in class. I didn't really want to talk to him at the time either cause I was with the other guy. WELL to make a long story short, the guy was still interested in talking to me even though I ignored him for 2 wks. This is so awesome.
I date a lot, but may you've got me beat. Do you have any idea of what you want in a guy or do you go out with whoever pays attention to you?

Honestly, you sound like me a couple years ago. I took some time to be single, to work on MYSELF, figure out what I really wanted in a guy and to just learn to be happy without some dumb boy. It's good for you, i'd highly recommend it. I still date a lot, but i'm much more selective, and if it ends up not being what I want I end it.

-----------------
Going to the Pirates game today with the boy, his roommate and roommate's GF, and the boy's brother and brother's fiancee. Should be a good time, gonna be a nice day out.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Ok y'all - I'm falling for my best friend up here and it's not good. I know we both keep telling people "it's not like that - we're like brother and sister" but I'm not feeling that way anymore.

We clicked last August and we've done EVERYTHING together since then up to now. He's always down to do anything stupid with me but he's still so cute when he tries to uphold his manliness and not flip out the back of my hair for me (long story!)

Anyway, recently, he's been a lot more touchy feely, playing with my hair, putting his arm across me when we watch movies together (there isn't much dorm seating so I often lie across my bed on my tummy and he sits in a chair next to the bed - sounds lame I'm sure).

Also, I was with him throughout some recent drama when he broke up with his sheisty girlfriend of like A MONTH and he's still reeling from that.

I can't tell what's up with him and me but I'm not about to ruin everything to find out. I'm hoping that my attraction will fade and it'll be all good.

Our biggest problem? His mother is West Indian/Jamaican. She's told him all his life, and I quote, "Don't bring no white girl home."

ETA: He gave me the old "if I ever married a white girl, it would be you" mess. And, he says I'm the realest, most down-to-earth, easy to talk to girl he's ever met...which is why he tells me EVERYTHING.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.

Last edited by preciousjeni; 04-17-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

So the boy I've been crushing on since SEPTEMBER was at Wando's last night. I was drunk so I gave him two hugs and he told me I looked really good. And then when I got home he IMed me and said he was glad that he ran into me tonight. So I really really need to not be such a girl and ask him to come out for my birthday bar crawl on Thursday.

This would all be well and good except I

1) was dirty-dancing with Joey at Wando's to celebrate him being done with the MCAT
2) the boy who has been screwing with my head called me when he got home and screwed with my head some more. We are both way too into this when we know there will be no payoff.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally posted by FAB*SpiceySpice
This is the most random/stupid post I've ever made...
Congratulations! LOL!

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Spent all day with the guy and I STILL can't make up my mind about him. Bball game was okay... I get along great with his roomie and his roomie's long distance kinda sorta. But his brother and bride to be weren't too friendly. Thought it was awkward. Then we went to his roommate's parents for dinner, sorta spur of the moment, hung out there all night. I just felt out of place and was getting a strange vibe. Driving back to my place, I was half ready to say you know what, I like you, but there's something not quite right. Nothign bad happened, just a weird feeling.

Then when we get to my place... he is so sweet and now i'm crazy about him again....

go figure, lol