GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,297
1 members and 1,296 guests
speedsters

Old 01-05-2015, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

should i start an interest group?

i sent an email to the panhellenic association at my college & they confirmed that kappa delta will be coming to my campus in 2015! the president sent me an email back with the KD outreach chairs email & said she would be able to give me more information. i know i need to make a really good impression since she may be involved in the rush process. i know i want to ask about recruitment & philanthropies but what are some other things i should ask her? i was also thinking of starting an interest group on facebook so there is a group of girls who want to be involved in colonization. is that something i should ask the panhellenic president or the KD chair? is that something that might help the chapter or is it overstepping my boundary?
Old 01-05-2015, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, at least you are enthusiastic! But please, dial it down. Here's what you should do.

One, email the KD contact saying you are interested in signing up for their colonization process and ask for any information they may be able to give you at this point. Typically there is a sign up process for interviews during the colonization. If you get thru the interview stage, then an invitation to pref would ensue. After that, you may receive a bid. Do not in any way try to circumvent the process.

Second, forget about any kind of interest group. If they wanted one, they would have PH lead that effort. Obviously they don't. You don't want to look like you are trying to steer them towards a particular group of women nor do you want to tie your odds to someone else. Stand on your own.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

If you are attending either school where KD is colonizing Fall 2015, believe me there will be plenty of interest in the new colony. Let KD do what it does best when establishing a new chapter. Trust me, they don't need any help!

It's seven or eight months away. Plenty of time for you to lurk on GC, read threads, and get the lay of the land.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Most NPC groups will start a Facebook page, open a Twitter account, etc., in advance of their colonization - look for those and join them and DO NOT post a great deal. "Like" things, and retweet, all in moderation, would be my advice. You want them thinking "Oh, she's really interested!", not "Oh, she's nuts!".
Old 01-06-2015, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Have to agree with my Panhellenic sisters. DO NOT take it upon yourself to start an interest group. It might appear to some that you are trying to take over or ingratiate yourself to KD. We have seen some interested PNMs start interest groups on FB before and it has not worked out well.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

To be clear, sororities are multi-million dollar businesses. They control their growth incredibly carefully. KD has exactly the amount of exposure they want right now.

Your job is to wait and hope for a positive outcome. You don't get to have ANY role except attend the events to which you are either publicly or privately invited. As a fellow control freak I feel your pain. But this isn't your game.