GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,440
3 members and 1,437 guests
PGD-GRAD, Sarak24034

Old 06-01-2013, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Indiana 2014 Recruitment Schedule

There was much speculation as to how recruitment would work at Indiana after the announcement was made moving Open House round from first semester to second semester.

I saw on t_witter where the schedule had been released, so I thought I would post it here. I have not heard whether or not pre-recruitment activities will still be allowed. There was discussion this spring about discontinuing pre-recruitment activities for the individual chapters since not all chapters have housing.

2014 FORMAL RECRUITMENT DATES:

January 8- PNM Orientation (PNMs must be back in Bloomington by 7 pm)
January 9- Open Round Day 1 (21 Party)
January 10- Open Round Day 2 (21 Party)
January 11- First Invite Day 1 (14 Party)
January 12- First Invite Day 2 (14 Party)
January 18- Second Invite (8 Party)
January 19- Preference Round (3 Party)
January 21- Bid Day
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-01-2013, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I could not imagine having to go to 21 chapters and keep notes straight. My university had 5 when I went through recruitment and even that was exhausting!

Nevertheless, good luck to all the ladies on GC involved in/going through IU recruitment!

Θ Φ Α

Old 06-01-2013, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
There was much speculation as to how recruitment would work at Indiana after the announcement was made moving Open House round from first semester to second semester.

I saw on t_witter where the schedule had been released, so I thought I would post it here. I have not heard whether or not pre-recruitment activities will still be allowed. There was discussion this spring about discontinuing pre-recruitment activities for the individual chapters since not all chapters have housing.

2014 FORMAL RECRUITMENT DATES:

January 8- PNM Orientation (PNMs must be back in Bloomington by 7 pm)
January 9- Open Round Day 1 (21 Party)
January 10- Open Round Day 2 (21 Party)
January 11- First Invite Day 1 (14 Party)
January 12- First Invite Day 2 (14 Party)
January 18- Second Invite (8 Party)
January 19- Preference Round (3 Party)
January 21- Bid Day
Wait - if I read this right, they will do 21 parties in two days, then first invite 14 just after in two days? I think even Bama doesn't have that many chapters, but their 1st round over three days with a half day in between the first two rounds.

Then, they have a 6 day break and they have to go to class before 2nd invite? Then after prefs they will have to go to class Monday and get bids Tuesday night?

Won't this put even more stress on who in the chapters the girls know before hand just to get an invite for 14 party?
Old 06-01-2013, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQWest View Post
Wait - if I read this right, they will do 21 parties in two days, then first invite 14 just after in two days? I think even Bama doesn't have that many chapters, but their 1st round over three days with a half day in between the first two rounds.

Then, they have a 6 day break and they have to go to class before 2nd invite? Then after prefs they will have to go to class Monday and get bids Tuesday night?

Won't this put even more stress on who in the chapters the girls know before hand just to get an invite for 14 party?
Alabama has 18 chapters, 16 of which participate in formal recruitment, but our schedule works the same for the first two rounds! That is, 16 parties over the first two days, then 12 parties over the next two days. I can't imagine going to 21, though...
Old 06-01-2013, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

This schedule gives me nightmares. You may find me at Killroys the night of the 10th trying to forget what I volunteered for...

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 06-01-2013, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank gawd I'm not an active anymore.

Can't wait to see the business that Starbucks, Pizza X, and Circle K do during recruitment and what Kilroys does after
Old 06-01-2013, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesovs View Post
Alabama has 18 chapters, 16 of which participate in formal recruitment, but our schedule works the same for the first two rounds! That is, 16 parties over the first two days, then 12 parties over the next two days. I can't imagine going to 21, though...
Just to clarify, Alabama has 17 NPC groups. The 18th one referred to here is a Christian, non NPC group. One NPC group does not participate in formal recruitment.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
This schedule gives me nightmares. You may find me at Killroys the night of the 10th trying to forget what I volunteered for...
I feel for you! I cannot imagine 21 parties in two days, then 14 parties in 2 days. Too hectic for words. If only Kilroy's delivered....

Since you're an advisor, have you heard anything about the pre-recruitment activities? Did Panhel make a decision about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUHoosiergirl88 View Post
Thank gawd I'm not an active anymore.

Can't wait to see the business that Starbucks, Pizza X, and Circle K do during recruitment and what Kilroys does after
It's going to be a long two weeks. I am not sure if I would like the schedule this way, glad I am not an active or an advisor. I know I would need all four places multiple times during those two weeks!!
Old 06-01-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
I don't believe I'm saying this, but I can't say I blame you. My brain aches reading that schedule.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
This is pretty much how Illinois works, having ranged from 18-20 chapters over the last decade or two. Except it's in the 90 degree heat.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

For those wondering what's going on with pre-recruitment: Recruitment chairs voted back in March or so to get rid of pre-recruitment events, with the exception of a legacy night. I know you're all thinking that some chapters have too many legacies to host them all at once; I am pretty sure they will have several nights until everyone is accommodated. There were a lot of issues that arose out of pre-recruitment (PNMs receiving false hopes, forming preconceived notions of chapters before recruitment even began, an an uneven playing field - some girls would go to upwards of 10-12 chapters, while others didn't even go to one), which is why it's no longer being implemented.

For those wondering why IU switched its recruitment schedule: The PHA community believes that holding recruitment right before dead/finals week is contradictory to the motives of our values-based organizations, given that all 21 promote and encourage academic achievement and excellence. Having it at the beginning of the semester before course loads get heavy makes a lot more sense.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you CNC for the pre-recruitment info! I had been asked by a few prospective Indiana PNMs from the Louisville area, now I can relay the correct information.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmmm - I would expect there may be more drop outs after second round? This really seems to favor women that are already very net worked into the chapters?
Old 06-02-2013, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Heavy cuts tend to happen after each round due to sheer numbers, but I've always felt that heavier cuts tend to happen after 14 anyways, even before this schedule