GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,104
0 members and 2,104 guests
No Members online

Old 01-06-2023, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

With that many people living there, I would assume strange things were normal.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-07-2023, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I was just watching this..

https://youtu.be/BEjbYfK6C1U
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 01-07-2023, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xidelt View Post
My burning question is why didn't the surviving roommate call 911 after seeing the intruder?
An analyst I watch on Tik Tok (psychology/sociology professor in the pacific NW by chance) said that the house was a known party house so having a lot of people in the house was not unusual.

Honestly, this is the kind of thing that leads to male visitation on upper floors of sorority houses being banned. When you have dozens of women who could have brought someone home, it's impossible to know who should be there and who shouldn't. If nobody is allowed to be on those floors, then you know when someone is, there's a problem.
Old 01-07-2023, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Last high-profile case I kept up with was the Jodi Arias case. I do think this guy is done though. He’s going down in flames, no doubt.
Old 01-08-2023, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

They’ve got his computer now. IMO, that alone will get him convicted once what’s in it is revealed.
Old 01-08-2023, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

So many of these guys have that glazed expression in all their pictures. I just saw one of the psycho who shot up the subway car in NY in which he knew no one. Same for the one in Uvalde.
Old 01-08-2023, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Yeah, he’s done. Stick a fork in him. They tracked him back at the house around 9am the same morning before the police were called. Dude did an aftermath drive by. That dude looks 100% completely OFF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I'm trying to figure out WHY he went back at 9am. Did he go inside, or peek through the windows. This is just SO creepy!

One of the theories I've heard is that he may have gone back to the house at 9am once he realized that he had dropped the knife sheath. He may have panicked and hoped that it was outside on the ground by where he parked his car. Or....he might have been crazy enough to think he could sneak back inside and go get it. I bet he was shocked that the police were at the house yet.

FYI - yeah he definitely looks off!!! Someone on another website I frequent posted a comparison of his picture and a picture of Ted Bundy.

Idaho killer...

Ted Bundy...

True and Constant
Old 03-20-2023, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

A University of Idaho Delta Gamma alumna has raised enough funds to purchase personal alarms for all of the campus sorority members.

https://www.kivitv.com/news/delta-ga...bers-at-u-of-i

Quote:
She started a Facebook page, Do Good- University of Idaho, inviting alumni and the community to raise money for She's Birdie devices.
The personal alarms emit a loud noise, with flashing lights to deter an attack and alert bystanders of the need to help.
"We have raised almost 16 thousand dollars, and that's since starting late Wednesday night, with really not much time at all," said Kerry Uhlorn.

She has raised enough money to cover all ten sorority houses at U of I. She is now looking into teaming up with the University to distribute the personal alarms to other U of I students.
"This is just a great way to show how much we care and let them know that their alumni are always there for them, trying to do whatever we can to help keep them safe," said Kerry Uhlorn.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not following this as closely as many, but it does seems as if the nutjob had targeted Kaylee Goncalves. There's just something fishy about a college student being able to buy a Range Rover, among other things. Buying the RR, then planning take off to backpack across Europe in January just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Last edited by honeychile; 09-30-2023 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-21-2023, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I've been following the case and the Range Rover was a 2015 (so almost 10 years old) and she had apparently been saving a very long time for it. She was to graduate that December and had a job lined up in Texas early this year. Never heard anything about backpacking in Europe. She seemed to have finished classes early (or she was doing them online) and didn't live in the house and only came to visit to show her BFF her new car.

I keep seeing articles that Maddie may have been the target, but Kaylee's family are more in the media. I get that grief is weird, but they need to chill and make sure the trial is fair and to the T. Wouldn't want him getting off on a technicality.
Old 06-15-2023, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Anybody still keeping up with this?
https://youtu.be/FabNeanMt-A
Old 12-28-2023, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Property demolished

The property was donated to the University. The home was bulldozed today.

https://www.aol.com/house-where-4-un...052114082.html
Old 03-29-2024, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I was looking at Reddit last night and was surprised to see that there's a subreddit called Justice for Kohberger. Ugh. I know people are entitled to the presumption of innocence until they're convicted or plead guilty, but I'm not sure he's someone I'd go to bat for. I don't know what they talk about in that forum because I didn't even want to look.
Old 03-29-2024, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellfish View Post
I was looking at Reddit last night and was surprised to see that there's a subreddit called Justice for Kohberger. Ugh. I know people are entitled to the presumption of innocence until they're convicted or plead guilty, but I'm not sure he's someone I'd go to bat for. I don't know what they talk about in that forum because I didn't even want to look.
Oh, those people are completely unhinged. He has a whole bunch of groupies, for lack of a better term, who basically have a celebrity crush on him. The delusion is strong.
Old 03-29-2024, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Oh, those people are completely unhinged. He has a whole bunch of groupies, for lack of a better term, who basically have a celebrity crush on him. The delusion is strong.
I know that trend is as old as time but I feel like this is a result of all the true crime stuff that has become popular recently. The fan mentality (which again is disgusting) that people would normally have on a celebrity/athlete transferred to the human waste that are serial killers.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story