GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,200
0 members and 2,200 guests
No Members online

Old 01-24-2002, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by aggieAXO
I won't eat white or yellow lettuce-ewwwwwwwww, only green

DITTO!!!

NO ICEBERG LETTUCE, THANK YOU!
BRING ON THE BOSTON LETTUCE OR ARUGALA (sp)!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-24-2002, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

most of my hangups also involve food. i realize this while eating lunch...just a few would be:

i hate beans. so before eating the bowl of chili in front of me, i carefully go through and pick every bean out. I also cant eat chili without crackers. this might be a southern thing...or just a gross one, but the crackers must be saltine and they must have butter on them.

i love sausage biscuits - but i cant eat them without strawberry jelly on the biscuit.

i must admit - i have to eat everything with a fork and knife...i hate eating with my hands!
Old 01-24-2002, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaChiS2K
I'm really anal about my closet... all my clothes must be hung with the labels facing RIGHT, organized first by color, and then by sleeve length and weight. For instance: starting at the left side of the closet are my whites: turtlenecks first, then regular longsleeved shirts, then oxfords, then tees, then finally tanks or halters. Then comes the blues, greens, reds/pinks/oranges, and blacks.

I can always tell when my roommate's been trying on my clothes cause stuff is in the wrong order

Hey, a little OCD never hurt anyone
Old 01-24-2002, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

for the longest time if I did anything with one Hand I had to do it with the other. Writing my name, coloring pictures everything. My teachers got mad at me and told me just to do one because I was taking too long. Maybe I should be a lefty.
Old 01-24-2002, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by volgirl2376

i must admit - i have to eat everything with a fork and knife...i hate eating with my hands!
I never order wings for that reason...I can't stand eating with my hands!!! Well, I will eat sandwhiches with my hands, as long as they're not messy.
Old 01-24-2002, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaChiS2K
I'm really anal about my closet... all my clothes must be hung with the labels facing RIGHT, organized first by color, and then by sleeve length and weight. For instance: starting at the left side of the closet are my whites: turtlenecks first, then regular longsleeved shirts, then oxfords, then tees, then finally tanks or halters. Then comes the blues, greens, reds/pinks/oranges, and blacks.

I can always tell when my roommate's been trying on my clothes cause stuff is in the wrong order

Hey, a little OCD never hurt anyone
I too have an order. I cannot have different hangers in my closest. They all have to be the same...style, color, etc. I opt for white plastic ones for the time being. They are easy to find and cheap, so I was able to buy them in large quantities.

When I went home one summer I did my parents entire walk in closet!!! It drove me crazy b/c they had pink ones, white ones, metal ones, etc. UGH...I couldn't take it!!!

Yeah, I'm a little out of control!!!
Old 01-24-2002, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HeidiHo
Quote:
Originally posted by volgirl2376

i hate beans. so before eating the bowl of chili in front of me, i carefully go through and pick every bean out.
OMG! I thought I was the only one!! I can't eat chilli or taco salads in public b/c I don't have a spoon with holes in it to strain out the beans.

I also will not eat anything that has touched another food. For example, if the mashed potatos and gravy were to touch the turkey I would cut off that piece of turkey & and not eat that area of potatos. A lot of the time I'll only take part of the meal so I can have plenty of room on the plate and put other stuff in a bowl. My parents also got some divided plates from Tupperware for me
Heidi
Old 01-25-2002, 07:15 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm sort of the same way with my food.

I also will not eat anything that has touched another food. For example, if the mashed potatos and gravy were to touch the turkey I would cut off that piece of turkey & and not eat that area of potatos. A lot of the time I'll only take part of the meal so I can have plenty of room on the plate and put other stuff in a bowl. My parents also got some divided plates from Tupperware for me
Heidi [/B][/QUOTE]
Old 01-25-2002, 07:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow... I thought I was the only person alive with the closet/hanger obsession. All of my clothes HAVE to face a certain direction. They go in a certain order, and they MUST be on white plastic hangers. I know others who won't use wire hangers, but none of them can understand why mine can only be white. My husband was not at all happy when I moved in and told him the wire hangers had to go.

Now, to go back a little more in the thread...

My paternal grandparents were grandma and papaw to me. My older cousin called them mother and papaw, and my 2 younger cousins called them maw and paw.
I'm not sure, but I think papaw was a revision to the name my dad used for his grandfather.... poppy. I never understood the one cousin calling our grandma mother, and I'm sure I never will. That's just too strange. The younger ones couldn't say grandma or grandpa. It just came out ma and pa, and they stuck with that.
My maternal grandmother was granny. That's what all of grandchildren called her, and I never gave it a second thought. Maybe because I figured she was probably a great-grandparent by the time I was born. If not, then it was only 8 years at the most until she was a great-grandmother.

My son calls my dad pawpaw. This used to really irritate me, but it was at my father's request, so I'm just going along. He calls my mom mawmaw, but I really think that's because she and my grandma didn't care much for each other and she had no desire to share a name. Plus, she thought granny sounded way too old.

He calls his paternal grandparents grammy and gramps. I hate that, but it's what they wanted.