GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,780
2 members and 2,778 guests
redkingpin

Old 07-21-2002, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ONElove
Talking A little Unexpected Publicity.....:)

I just thought I would share with everyone that last week on the BET show "Oh Drama" there was a girl on there who was talkin about how she and some of her friends are trying to start a chapter of my beautiful sorority Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc. at her school.....

It was great to be sitting watching TV and then all of a sudden hear someone say your sorority anme and say such good things about it at the same time.....It made me soo happy... Anyone in an upand coming GLO will know what I'm talking about

I am just so happy to see that MC orgs are getting more and more exposure!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-21-2002, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow! Talk about exposure. I didn't see that episode because I am not really an "Oh Drama" fan, but that is great. I think Greek orgs, particularly MCGLO's and other Ethnic orgs can use all the positive support that we can get.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Serenity
So true!! Way to go, ONElove!! I wish them much success on their road to Theta Nu Xi!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Eirene_DGP
Wow! Talk about exposure. I think Greek orgs, particularly MCGLO's and other Ethnic orgs can use all the positive support that we can get.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to zchi2
Question

i saw that show and it caught me by surprise too. The reason was because the same school contacted my sorority to ask us to make a presentation to the school about starting chapter there. Do you know anything about that? I would really like to talk to you about it.

Zeta Sigma Chi Multicultural Sorority Inc.
"Keeping the Dream Alive"
Old 11-01-2003, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to _Opi_
Congratz ONEluv..

Old 11-02-2003, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

That is soooooooooo awesome!!!!!!! Congratulations ONElove!!

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!
Old 11-23-2005, 02:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
WOW! Article...

THETA NU XI Multicultural Sorority, Incorporated was mentioned in an article that was picked up by the Los Angeles Times. The article is about Gamma Gamma Chi (new Muslim sorority) starting a chapter at the University of Kentucky.

What I find interesting is that QNX has no chapters in Kentucky or California! I'm soooooo pleased that our hard work has been recognized outside of the expected.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...la-home-nation

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.

Last edited by preciousjeni; 11-23-2005 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Interesting...I am a little perturbed by the phrase "American white-bread sorority girls". It is also interesting the very few organizations the author highlights as alternatives to HWGLO...I wonder why only AKA or Gamma Phi Omega, just a thought though.

Leave it up to you PJ to finds these articles, I love it!!!! You will be a valuable resource for the project we spoke about!

ONE
Old 11-23-2005, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ch2tf
Interesting...I am a little perturbed by the phrase "American white-bread sorority girls". It is also interesting the very few organizations the author highlights as alternatives to HWGLO...I wonder why only AKA or Gamma Phi Omega, just a thought though.
You are NOT the only one with questions, soror! It's all very strange. That's why I was like wha when I saw it. LOL!

Old 11-27-2005, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ch2tf

Leave it up to you PJ to finds these articles, I love it!!!! You will be a valuable resource for the project we spoke about!

ONE
Yeah I'm with you guys on the whole thing. It would seem that a mainstream paper like the LA Times would be a bit more correct. I also wonder why they chose the organizations they did, seeing as they begun with AKA being the first then deviated a bit on the other listings. Oh well, to each their own. The idea of a Muslim sorority is interesting, I'm very curious to see how it works out. Anyone else find it a bit strange that a Delta is developing the idea? Did she disaffiliate from Delta or is she not "really" a member of this new group?
Old 11-27-2005, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rocketgirl
Anyone else find it a bit strange that a Delta is developing the idea? Did she disaffiliate from Delta or is she not "really" a member of this new group?
This is what their website says:

Q #15. If I am a member of a Greek lettered organization already, may I join Gamma Gamma Chi?We are unable to accept for membership an undergraduate who already belongs to another sorority. Graduates who have membership in another sorority are eligible to be considered; however, we hope that they will choose to discontinue membership in the other sorority in order to devote their time and attention to Gamma Gamma Chi.

So I'm guessing she's no longer a Delta but it's weird that should would mention Delta Sigma Theta if she is no longer a member... oh well....
Old 11-27-2005, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brownsugar952
Q #15. If I am a member of a Greek lettered organization already, may I join Gamma Gamma Chi?We are unable to accept for membership an undergraduate who already belongs to another sorority. Graduates who have membership in another sorority are eligible to be considered; however, we hope that they will choose to discontinue membership in the other sorority in order to devote their time and attention to Gamma Gamma Chi.
Hmmm...that doesn't seem quite right to me. But to each her own I suppose!

Old 01-28-2006, 04:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Ndigayenza
Hmm, I dunno. But after giving my time and effort not to mention dedication to be in on org, why would I want to join another? or even disaffiliate and drop my letters for another org? i think this is when we really need to teach PNMs and interests to choose wisely.

I'm in a "minority/ethnic" greek organization. I chose them over even some of the well known orgs (BGLO) on my campus because I saw something that said, I'll be forever satisfied with my decision. of course, I thought about other orgs, and two and a half years AFTER I considered greek letters, I became a SIA...yes ya'll 2 1/2 years.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kerry4prez
i just wish i herd about this site sooner!