GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Gamma > Gamma Phi Beta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,551
2 members and 1,549 guests
indygphib

Old 10-20-2003, 02:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Carol, that's totally not stupid - I remember you talking about this boy a little another time and you seem totally into him. Give it a shot.

And meanwhile, there was this boy I had a huge crush on our senior year of high school. Well, turns out he had an internet girlfriend from Canada (I know! ) so that went nowhere, and I dated the guy who cheated on me but I kept dating him anyway until we left for college. Two days later, I was pretty much together with GPBoy. Now internet girlfriend boy just waltzed back into my life because a mutual friend told me his girlfriend just cheated on him, so I sent him an email saying I know how much it sucks and if he ever wants to talk to let me know...and he wants to see me this weekend over fall break. Disturbing.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-20-2003, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Carol, not bad at all to get back together with him. I'd be freaked out too if someone had my life planned out that much for me. Go out with him and see what happens. Once you see him in person, he may or may not be what you're wanting now.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: New Orleans. Or pure unpenetrable evil, depending on what I feel like at the moment.
Send a message via AIM to GPhiLlama Send a message via Yahoo to GPhiLlama
Oh, yay! Happy thing!

I got pinned tonight. My initation is November 17th!
Old 10-20-2003, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

What an awesome day for initiation!

(yes, that's my birthday.....)

LOL
Old 10-20-2003, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

But, congratulations...........
Old 10-21-2003, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
You guys are awesome... thanks for the support. I'm excited about going out with him on Friday. I do miss him, the more I think about it and the more I talk about it with people that know how we were together. Now i have one other issue...

My best friend, who I told this whole situation to, thinks that if Matthew and I are going to start being more honest and serious with each other (just in case), that I need to open up NOW as to something I kept from him. When we were together, he bought a really pretty sapphire ring for me for Christmas. I kept it after we broke up, but told him I sold it (because he said why should I keep it, etc). Honestly, I wear the ring all the time (and I don't think it matters that I wear it on my left hand ring finger; that's not an important finger till it's a fat diamond set in platinum in my opinion ) So should I tell him that I still have it, or should I wear it on Friday and just let him see or what? I know this may seem trivial, but it's important to me, and I don't want him to get the wrong idea about it, you know?

I love you guys by the way.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

The ring

I think you should wear it and let him see it - I think it would mean a lot to him that you still have it.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: The ring

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
I think you should wear it and let him see it - I think it would mean a lot to him that you still have it.
My thoughts exactly, but on the RIGHT hand..........
Old 10-22-2003, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

BTW: I have a date with a different guy on Friday. I am seriously liking being single right now...........
Old 10-22-2003, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Melanie, I am glad to know you are making up for my lack of males! I have a date with my mom to go shopping on Friday if that counts for anything.

And here's some Gamma Phi happy news - my sisters voted me guest of honor at banquet, which I wasn't going to go back for, but how can I turn that down? I'm actually somewhat excited for it because it'll be fun to see everyone again (although it is just a week after initiation). I think I'm taking one of the SigEp's biological little brothers - I just told my Gamma Phi little to find me an acceptable date.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

It's usually feast or famine with me............

It just happens to be feast right now.

And yes, it counts. Especially if mom is buying.............
Old 10-25-2003, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Last night was so amazing! I went over to Matthew's house, he made me dinner and we rented some movies. Not the most creative date or anything, but it was fun and I didn't want to do anything too outgoing in case I ended up not having a good time. He was just so incredible last night- it was like we had never broken up. He surprised me a lot because we got to talking about stuff that's gone on since we broke up and he didn't get upset or hurt when I'd talk about Alan (my most recent ex) or anything. It seems like he's grown up a lot.

As for the ring, he was looking at the ruby my dad gave me for graduation and made a comment that he was surprised I didn't get a sapphire (my birthstone and favorite jewel). I told him why I didn't, but that I still wear my sapphires in my necklace and my class ring, and he asked if I still wore the ring he gave me. I was just quiet and he looked at me and said "I know you never sold it. I know you still have it. I understand if you don't wear it." I told him that I do still wear it, but that I didn't want him getting the wrong idea. I could tell he was happy that I kept the ring though.

We're going out tonight, probably with a couple of my friends, so hopefully I'm still feeling the same as yesterday. Wish me luck!
Old 10-25-2003, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

WOO HOO!

And yes, sending very good wishes your way!

My date was pretty good. He's an SAE alum from the UW so we talked a lot about that. We'll see. I don't think things are going anywhere with the guy I went to the game with last weekend.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, things still going really well with Matthew (I know, it's only been a few hours, but whatever... I'm still on a natural high!), but I'm really worried for him right now. Some of you may have heard of the fires going on in SoCal right now; there are two that are very local to me that are still burning- one in Rancho Cucamonga (the "Grand Prix" fire), and one in San Bernardino (at the base of Lake Arrowhead). Matthew is very close to the one at the base of Lake Arrowhead, and the Grand Prix fire is moving much closer to where he lives; right smack in the middle. His grandmother's house and two aunts have all ready been evacuated, and he's waiting at his house for the police to tell them to leave, but they're all packed up. Pretty scary... Hopefully all these fires stop soon- the smoke is just disgusting and the ashes have been raining down every so often, even though the fires are over 30 miles from where I live- really scary.

Keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers!
Old 10-25-2003, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, if he's all packed up it sounds like he isn't going to risk anything by staying around his house longer than he should.

Besides, he likes a Gamma Phi. He's definitely SMART.

Good luck to all of you, I've been seeing the news.