GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,551
1 members and 1,550 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 03-22-2006, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Locals rush question

Are their campuses that are all local or predominantly local that participate in NPC style formal recruitment?
Old 03-22-2006, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
(all local campus)

We do sort of a weird hybrid type of NPC recruitment. Only 3 rounds, bid matching/bid cards, rho chi's, etc. Rush rules are generally the same (re: talking to PNMs and what have you), but girls are given small favors/tokens at every house and encouraged to take them with you. It's pretty low-key, but the influence of having 2 NPC women as past greek advisors is evident.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PhoenixAzul
(all local campus)

We do sort of a weird hybrid type of NPC recruitment. Only 3 rounds, bid matching/bid cards, rho chi's, etc. Rush rules are generally the same (re: talking to PNMs and what have you), but girls are given small favors/tokens at every house and encouraged to take them with you. It's pretty low-key, but the influence of having 2 NPC women as past greek advisors is evident.
Cool, thanks. I'm putting finishing touches on a book right now, and was wondering if this style of recruitment was exclusively NPC or not.....if it is, then I'll have to make some changes. Since locals do it too, then it looks like I'm okay
Old 05-26-2006, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LILCHAYCHAY04
we are local and we get involved in formal recruitment npc way with the other sororities on campus it works out pretty well.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

brining back an old post

I am a active sister of Zeta Delta Phi at WVU. As far as I know we are the only local sorority on campus. We can not participate in NPC rush events nor can we have rush at the sametime. We have rush the week following NPC.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Brooklyn College used to be 3 locals and 3 nationals when I went there and now has 4 locals and 2 nationals. When I started school the locals each each rushed independently in a style more similar to COB and the nationals did a typical formal recruitment NPC style. Now that there are more recruitment styles to choose from and the locals now outnumber us the nationals are moving towards a less structured COB style similar to the locals on campus.