GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Pi > Pi Beta Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 578
0 members and 578 guests
No Members online

Old 07-25-2003, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

CAR Program

I am sure you have all heard of the CAR program by now. I was just wondering how you all are planning on funding it. I would like to be able to fund 100 students at one school and there is no way we have money in the budget for that.

I was thinking some of our area alum clubs could help fund it and we would do the work, but a lot of them say they cannot get anything organized until the Spring. Are their any alums reading this right now in the Colorado area who might be interested in helping to fund it? What else do you all suggest?
Old 07-27-2003, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dakareng
This is an area where you may do fundraising activities... I hear chapters doing events such as Arrow-Spike, Mud-Tug, Crush sales, etc. Is that money going only to Arrowmont, or is your chapter diverting some to local philanthopic projects? If some is already going local, use it to fund your CAR project. What are you doing as "Links to Literacy"? Does it involve fundraising? The CAR program may replace or be a part of your "Links to Literacy" project.

I pulled out the information sheet from convention. The estimated cost for the entire program (and this includes the cookies for the party at the end of the month) is $5/student or ~$110 for a classroom of 25 students. That isn't a lot of money to raise to start.

I know you want to fund 4x that much but maybe if you start small and do one classroom fall term, you'll have the $$ for more by spring.