GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,406
1 members and 1,405 guests
FSUZeta

Old 07-01-2006, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

The best of Suzanne ...

EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME! Would the parents of the juvenile delinquent who broke my windshield please come to the announcer's booth immediately? And bring your checkbook! THANK YOU!

Mr. Fladbeau! This is Suzanne Sugarbaker! Reggie Mac is takin' his break now! THANK YOU!

Mary Jo, I had my period 5 years straight in high school to avoid PE, OK? What do you think I have a Mercedes for?

Suzanne, scoping out men at the supermarket: Hey, those two are cute—wait, never mind.
Mary Jo: What's wrong with them?
Suzanne: Two guys, one cart, fresh pasta, figure it out.

Bernice, at her sanity hearing ...

Now, Your Honor, if you don't mind, I'd like to tell you a few things about my cousin Phyllis. First of all, when you go to the bathroom at her house, you can't use the soap or the towels—there's just a big old bar of Ivory under the sink, and you have to wipe your hands on your pants. And whenever we go to McDonald's, she always wants to know what the fish is like. And I always have to say, "It's SQUARE FISH, Phyllis, OK?"

Last edited by hmd1014; 07-02-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

But my fav all time quote is from Julia, of course and its the night the lights went out in Georgia speech....

but here are some more memoriables

SUZANNE: Don't worry about Mr. Fladbeau, I'll take care of that. You're not leaving this room. (Suzanne grags the microphone on the piano) Mr. Fladbeau! This is Suzanne Sugarbaker! Reggie Mac is taking his break now, thank you!!

SUZANNE; Reggie Mac, I want my money and I want it now!

La Place Sans Souci
I loved the fight in the mudbath, but I couldn't find it but this last one made up for it:

JULIA: But then again, I suppose in my heart I always knew that someday we would end up like this. I mean, well, it's kind of fitting isn't it? Here we are going down the highway into the dark Georgia night. Four aging Southern belles --- war-torn hair, dirty faces --- a nanny, a baby, and a crippled black man.

Julia and Suzanne's Big Adventure
SAM: Ma’am I know I’m on her purse strap. And I’m gonna get off of it as soon as I get re-situated here. And just for the record, if there’s anything else you all want to do to me, besides moving me, insulting me or waking me up, just do it all in English, cause I’m from Conyers Georgia. I might look Japanese, but I’m really a Bubba. Ok?

From Oh, What A feeling --
I loved when Anothony after coming back from being stranded in the Car with a client walks back to the store and then goes on his rant about how this came about. I couldn't find the quote, but what stands out in my mind: The coffee is tepid, I couldn't stay in that van one moment longer her and her humongous ass

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 07-03-2006, 10:22 PM
cutiepatootie

Any episode that included a Julia tirade though the Miss georgia quote was hands down awesome

and

When Julia Sings in the closing church scene at the inner city baptist conference....wow what a beutiful voice!
Old 07-03-2006, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

whatever happened to mesach taylor?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

My Favorites

Growing up in Atlanta, I always liked Designing Women (and not afraid to admit it).
I like the episodes when:

1) Suzanne makes Anthony take Consuela's citizenship test

2) Any episode with crazy Vanessa, Anthony's girlfriend. Especially when she works at Sugarbakers and Anthony has the yuppie girlfriend.

Lita: "How do you do?"
Vanessa: "I do fine, how do you do?"

Suzanne: "Can you believe that? She's touching the back of his neck and smiling"
Vanessa: "That's okay, if she wanna start trouble with me I got a switchblade"
Old 07-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteandblack
whatever happened to mesach taylor?
He was on a show a few years back, as the next door neighbor, and really was the best part of the show - but it got cancelled.

*checked www.imdb.com*

It was Dave's World, a takeoff on Dave Barry's life. You can read the rest athttp://www.imdb.com/name/nm0852886/.

I really enjoy his acting!

Last edited by honeychile; 07-07-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:15 AM
cutiepatootie

He is on one of those nickelodeon teen shows as a high school teacher.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:22 AM
GreekChat Member

which one? I would like to see him again.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:49 PM
cutiepatootie

I think it is Ned's Declassified or Zoey 101 but pretty sure it is Ned's on Nickalodeon
Old 07-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

I still want to hear what Wrigley's favorites are!!
Old 07-09-2006, 08:56 PM

Quote:
The dressing rooms behind the pageant.......
JULIA: Hurry up, Suzanne. We're gonna miss Claudia.
SUZANNE: I'm just touching up. She's right, y'know -- nobody does twirl a baton anymore. You know what I am, Julia? I'm an aging professional beauty queen. And turning......29 tomorrow has made me admit for the first time -- I have no other talent.
JULIA: Oh, come on. That's not true.
SUZANNE: Yes it is. This is what I spent my whole life doing. I know in my heart it's been a frivilous thing, but I'm not like you. You can do anything. This is all I was born for. When I was a little girl, whenever I'd see a tiara I'd just start to breathe hard. And all I could think was, "I want that crown to be on my head." I'll never forget walking down those runways --- the way the roses felt in myarms and the roar of the crowd. (sobbing lightly) They loved me. Now it's all over, and I just don't know if life can ever be that good again.
(Suzanne rushes out as Marjorie and another woman enter. They don't see Julia.......)
WOMAN: Who was that?
MARJORIE: Suzanne Sugarbaker. Don't you remember her? (motioning to swooping hair)......Miss Georgia World 1976.
WOMAN: Oh yeah!! The one with the big hair!
MARJORIE: Right! And the joke was they found Jimmy Hoffa in it. (laughing) Do you know she showed up to this year's pageant and gave a two hour lecture on manners, cuss words, and how not to cross your legs.
WOMAN: No!
MARJORIE: Yes. It was so embarassing. Maybe we should go back out. They're on the last interview.
(the second woman leaves the room, and Julia stand up and closes the door slightly.....)
JULIA: Excuse me, aren't you Marjorie Leigh Winick, the current Miss Georgia World?
MARJORIE: Why, yes I am.
JULIA: I'm Julia Sugarbaker, Suzanne Sugarbaker's sister. I couldn't help over hearing part of your conversation.
MARJORIE: Well, I'm sorry. I didn't know anyone was here.
JULIA: Yes, and I gather from your comments there are a couple of other things you don't know, Marjorie. For example, you probably didn't know that Suzanne was the only contestant in Georgia pageant history to sweep every category except congeniality, and that is not something the women in my family aspire to anyway.
MARJORIE: That's really not.....
JULIA: Or that when she walked down the runway in her swimsuit, five contestants quit on the spot.
MARJORIE: That's really......
JULIA: Or that when she emerged from the isolation booth to answer the question, "What would you do to prevent war?" she spoke so eloquently of patriotism, battlefields and diamond tiaras, grown men wept.
(Suzanne starts to enter, but hearing the conversation, steps back and listens from outside, meanwhile Julia starts to get louder --- walking toward Marjorie and backing her in. )
MARJORIE: That's really something that.........
JULIA: And you probably didn't know, Marjorie, that Suzanne was not just any Miss Georgia, she was the Miss Georgia. She didn't twirl just a baton, that baton was on fire. And when she threw that baton into the air, it flew higher, further, faster than any baton has ever flown before, hitting a transformer and showering the darkened arena with sparks! And when it finally did come down, Marjorie, my sister caught that baton, and 12,000 people jumped to their feet for sixteen and one-half minutes of uninterrupted thunderous ovation, as flames illuminated her tear-stained face! And that, Marjorie --- just so you will know --- and your children will someday know --- is the night the lights went out in Georgia!
(Suzanne smiles --- touched--- and leaves quietly with no one having seen her)
MARJORIE: (quietly) I'm sorry. I didn't know.
JULIA:: (standing tall and smuggly with a satisfied smile) Well............now you do.
"The Beauty Pageant" is also my favorite episode of Designing Women. The entire scene ranks as one of my all time TV favorites.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile
I still want to hear what Wrigley's favorites are!!
I'll add more soon. Everyone's responses have been great. I didn't know about the imdb quote section.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

An exchange on Charlene's brother Odell ...

Suzanne: Let me get this straight. He's never had a girlfriend, he knits sweaters, and he works at the beauty shop?

Charlene: Well, he goes to Three Rivers Junior College, too. What are you gettin' at?

Suzanne: Well, I don't mean to get personal Charlene, but has it ever occurred to you that maybe Odell is involved in some homaseckshul activity?

Charlene: Suzanne! I mean, just because a person is sensitive and artistic doesn't mean he's gay. Not that that would matter to me anyway.

Julia: Well, I think he sounds like an interesting and talented young man.

Suzanne: I think he sounds like a woman.

Mary Jo: Bear in mind that this comes from the lips of a woman who thought there was a patron saint for homosexuals named "Saint Francis of a Sissy."
Old 07-13-2006, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiepatootie
I think it is Ned's Declassified or Zoey 101 but pretty sure it is Ned's on Nickalodeon
It is Ned's Declassified on Nick (6:00 pm EDT). My kids love that show.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Nick at Nite

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...n-october.html

from: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=182756

- Designing Women Launch Marathon / Roseanne Marathon
Monday, October 2 through Thursday, October 5, 2006
Designing Women launch airs 10:00 p.m. to approx. 2:00 a.m. each night, followed by Roseanne from approx. 2:00 a.m. to 6 a.m.

Join Nick@Nite to launch Designing Women! Starring Delta Burke, this show was one of the most well written comedies of the late 80s and early 90s. After the launch, catch the show Mon-Sat at midnight ET/PT and on Thursday in the late night marathons.

Designing Women is coming to Nick@Nite with a week-long launch marathon featuring the best episode of the series. Head down to Atlanta this October for a crash course in interior design! Julia Sugarbaker and her staff will teach you the do’s and don’ts so you too can be a successful designer…while keeping you in stitches.