GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,928
0 members and 1,928 guests
No Members online

Old 03-02-2011, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Who to ask to formal?

Girl 1: I haven't seen her in a while, but we just talked recently. We're pretty good friends, but hasn't really been anything past that. She is from my hometown and we've known each other about a year. She loves traveling and is nice and easy to talk to. There is a lesser chance she would say yes only because she might think I'm looking for more than what she is looking for.

Girl 2: I went to her date party about a month ago. We had fun and have been talking for a while. In weeks since the party some of her sisters in her house don't seem to be fond of her. She is really nice, but sometimes says things that sound a little conceited, however this may just be me looking for things because of what her sister's said. There is a good chance she would say yes.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

We don't know you or either of these women. There's absolutely no way we can tell you who would be a better fit.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmkr19 View Post
Girl 1: I haven't seen her in a while, but we just talked recently. We're pretty good friends, but hasn't really been anything past that. She is from my hometown and we've known each other about a year. She loves traveling and is nice and easy to talk to. There is a lesser chance she would say yes only because she might think I'm looking for more than what she is looking for.

Girl 2: I went to her date party about a month ago. We had fun and have been talking for a while. In weeks since the party some of her sisters in her house don't seem to be fond of her. She is really nice, but sometimes says things that sound a little conceited, however this may just be me looking for things because of what her sister's said. There is a good chance she would say yes.
Don't you have a brother you can go to with these formal questions?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like you would rather go with number 1 otherwise you would have asked number 2 already since you think she's more likely to say yes...

It would not be good if the 2nd girl found out you asked someone else first. She might change her decision.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmkr19 View Post

You need to work on your game skilz.

You should send flowers to both of the girls, because they both seem like wonderful people, and then look deep into your heart and see who truly is the one for you. I suggest watching The Notebook for tips.

Last edited by 33girl; 03-10-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

It's just a formal. Everyone gets dressed up and most people drink entirely too much.

You're not asking either to marry you. Ask the girl whose company you would enjoy more. If she says no, ask someone else.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

You have two good options. Flip a coin, 1 is heads, 2 is tails.

Doesn't matter what it lands on, it's what you hope it lands on while you're flipping. Cheers.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Ask the one that you want. Communication is the key ingredient to any relationship, whether it's a friend, family or life long partner. Be clear and establish the ground rules so that you don't mislead anyone or they think something that is not. Ultimately, you pick who you feel is right for you.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodleboy322 View Post
Ask the one that you want. Communication is the key ingredient to any relationship, whether it's a friend, family or life long partner. Be clear and establish the ground rules so that you don't mislead anyone or they think something that is not. Ultimately, you pick who you feel is right for you.
I'm betting the formal has already happened.