GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,151
1 members and 1,150 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 09-01-2013, 08:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I never post in these, but I have to root for the Niners. I still love Joe Montana after all these years
Old 09-01-2013, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedg View Post
I never post in these, but I have to root for the Niners. I still love Joe Montana after all these years
Ditto. Come sit with me in my box seats, we'll enjoy the game together! (family has been season ticket holders since 1946, when the Niners played at Kezar). I loved Bill Walsh. What a coach. What a team.

ETA: JK about the box seats. We're not That Kind Of Folks!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 09-01-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

The first night of recruitment was very informal and basically to just give us a glimpse of each chapter. We got to meet 2 sisters from each house and got a tour where the girls live and just learn some basic information. It was a whirlwind but so great to get to know the chapters a bit better! I took very simple notes, so bare with me!

New England Patriots- The Patriots were first, they were very sweet, their apartment was decorated beautifully with lots of Lilly and pearls

Pittsburgh Steelers- Steelers were next, their apartment reminded me of anthropology. The girls seemed a little stand-offish. I didn't feel very excited leaving.

Miami Dolphins- Dolphins were 3rd! This is a newer chapter on campus and you could tell they wanted everything to be perfect. There was not a single flaw in their decorating and the girls were as sweet as could be. I'm really interested in learning more about them!

Green Bay Packers- I walked into the Packers and fell in love. The only notes I have written down are "perfection" I really want to meet more of these sisters and learn more about them.

Chicago Bears- DA BEARS were very cute. They didn't have as fancy of decorations as other chapters but I felt like they were very genuine. I liked that the president shared a bit about her experience as a Bear

San Francisco 49er's- Their apartment was beautiful. It looked like lilly and tory burch got together and decorated. However, I don't remember much about the sisters.

NY Giants- The sisters were very nice and seemed laid back and very real. Their apartment was decorated very nicely but had a lot of diversity. There was just a very relaxed feeling to it.

Arizona Cardinals- All I wrote for this chapter was "neutral" nothing struck me in either direction.

Dallas Cowboys- Cowboys were our last visit, I was exhausted but when I walked in I felt a rush of energy. I could just tell how excited these sisters were to share their home with us. I loved it!

We didn't do any rankings tonight and I honestly didn't feel even thinking about making a ranking based on these very short tours would be fair. I am really looking forward to seeing all of them and getting to know them more in Philanthropy round!
Old 09-01-2013, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

How have I missed this thread up until now?!

Go Pats!

@~/~~~~
Old 09-02-2013, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Bear down, Chicago Bears!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlsandpeace View Post
The first night of recruitment was very informal and basically to just give us a glimpse of each chapter. We got to meet 2 sisters from each house and got a tour where the girls live and just learn some basic information. It was a whirlwind but so great to get to know the chapters a bit better! I took very simple notes, so bare with me!

New England Patriots- The Patriots were first, they were very sweet, their apartment was decorated beautifully with lots of Lilly and pearls

Pittsburgh Steelers- Steelers were next, their apartment reminded me of anthropology. The girls seemed a little stand-offish. I didn't feel very excited leaving.

Miami Dolphins- Dolphins were 3rd! This is a newer chapter on campus and you could tell they wanted everything to be perfect. There was not a single flaw in their decorating and the girls were as sweet as could be. I'm really interested in learning more about them!

Green Bay Packers- I walked into the Packers and fell in love. The only notes I have written down are "perfection" I really want to meet more of these sisters and learn more about them.

Chicago Bears- DA BEARS were very cute. They didn't have as fancy of decorations as other chapters but I felt like they were very genuine. I liked that the president shared a bit about her experience as a Bear

San Francisco 49er's- Their apartment was beautiful. It looked like lilly and tory burch got together and decorated. However, I don't remember much about the sisters.

NY Giants- The sisters were very nice and seemed laid back and very real. Their apartment was decorated very nicely but had a lot of diversity. There was just a very relaxed feeling to it.

Arizona Cardinals- All I wrote for this chapter was "neutral" nothing struck me in either direction.

Dallas Cowboys- Cowboys were our last visit, I was exhausted but when I walked in I felt a rush of energy. I could just tell how excited these sisters were to share their home with us. I loved it!

We didn't do any rankings tonight and I honestly didn't feel even thinking about making a ranking based on these very short tours would be fair. I am really looking forward to seeing all of them and getting to know them more in Philanthropy round!
I'm cracking up, imagining Patriots fans decked in their finest pearls and Lilly to attend a football game They would freeze to death before the end of the first quarter from October onward!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Ditto. Come sit with me in my box seats, we'll enjoy the game together! (family has been season ticket holders since 1946, when the Niners played at Kezar). I loved Bill Walsh. What a coach. What a team.

ETA: JK about the box seats. We're not That Kind Of Folks!
Bill Walsh was fabulous too. Sigh. What a magical era.

Are you all going to get season tickets when it's at Levi's Stadium or whatever that place is called? It seems very far away to me...

P.S. OP -- sorry for this tangent!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

GO Cowboys!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Steeler Nation, baby!!
Amen! Go Steelers!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry It's taken a while for me to write! Recruitments been so busy and overwhelming.. but 100% worth it!

Round 1- Philanthropy

Since we have 9 chapters it was split across 2 days, but I'm going to write them all together

Arizona Cardinals- I like their philanthropy. They were sweet but I'm not super connected, double rushed, don’t think I could see myself here, the girl talked a lot about house on the beach, how frat boys lived behind them, and their big mixer the day after bid day which was kind on a turn off.

Miami Dolphins- Very Touching philanthropy video. Really sweet, especially liked the last girl I talked to. I could see myself with them, would like to go back and talk to them more.

Green Bay Packers- LOVE! Worried 1st girl thought I was too excited. President came over to say hi which was really nice. The girls were so classy and genuine. I could really see myself here

Dallas Cowboys- AMAZING! Talked to 4 girls, conversation totally flowed, felt so comfortable, nothing awkward at all, seemed genuine and real! Favorite philanthropy

Chicago Bears - Really sweet, very low key, super involved on campus which I loved, easy to talk to.

San Francsico 49er's- I walked in and just felt uncomfortable. The girls were complementing me left and right and it just seemed so fake. They talked a lot about mixers and didn't focus much on philanthropy, I would not be happy here.

Pittsburgh Steelers- The conversation flowed and I felt pretty comfortable. I was double rushed with a girl who asked about mixers for most of the time which was frustrating for me. The girl rushing us was very nice but she confirmed that they do have many mixers and party frequently, so to me I knew I didn’t really want to be apart of that. I really loved their philanthropy though and the president came to talk to us who was a sweetheart. Left here feeling unsure if I could fit in or not.
New York Giants- PHENOMENAL. I immediately felt comfortable, I had so much in common with all the girls, I loved their involvement on campus. They were so genuine and I felt like I could be myself with absolutely no shame or fear of judgement. Felt like I could share my story with them.

New England Patriots- Very sweet and real, I had a lot in common with the girls and felt comfortable. The president remembered me from the tours and came to say hi. I really would like to go back and talk to more girls.

Ranking was hard! I We had to rank our bottom 3, I knew I wanted the 49er’s and Cardinals in my bottom but I was torn between putting Pittsburgh Steelers or Chicago Bears in the bottom 3. After talking with my Gamma Chi I decided to rank
1. New York Giants
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Green Bay Packers
4. New England Patriots
5. Miami Dolphins
6. Chicago Bears
7. Pittsburgh Steelers
8. Arizona Cardinals
9. San Francisco 49er’s
Old 09-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sorry It's taken a while for me to write! Recruitments been so busy and overwhelming.. but 100% worth it!

Round 1- Philanthropy

Since we have 9 chapters it was split across 2 days, but I'm going to write them all together

Dallas Cowboys- AMAZING! Talked to 4 girls, conversation totally flowed, felt so comfortable, nothing awkward at all, seemed genuine and real! Favorite philanthropy

Ranking was hard! ... After talking with my Gamma Chi I decided to rank
1. New York Giants
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Green Bay Packers
4. New England Patriots
5. Miami Dolphins
6. Chicago Bears
7. Pittsburgh Steelers
8. Arizona Cardinals
9. San Francisco 49er’s
Whoo hoo! Good luck!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Round 1- Philanthropy

Arizona Cardinals- I like their philanthropy. They were sweet but I'm not super connected, double rushed, don’t think I could see myself here, the girl talked a lot about house on the beach, how frat boys lived behind them, and their big mixer the day after bid day which was kind on a turn off.

Miami Dolphins- Very Touching philanthropy video. Really sweet, especially liked the last girl I talked to. I could see myself with them, would like to go back and talk to them more.

Green Bay Packers- LOVE! Worried 1st girl thought I was too excited. President came over to say hi which was really nice. The girls were so classy and genuine. I could really see myself here

Chicago Bears - Really sweet, very low key, super involved on campus which I loved, easy to talk to.

San Francsico 49er's- I walked in and just felt uncomfortable. The girls were complementing me left and right and it just seemed so fake. They talked a lot about mixers and didn't focus much on philanthropy, I would not be happy here.

Pittsburgh Steelers- The conversation flowed and I felt pretty comfortable. I was double rushed with a girl who asked about mixers for most of the time which was frustrating for me. The girl rushing us was very nice but she confirmed that they do have many mixers and party frequently, so to me I knew I didn’t really want to be apart of that. I really loved their philanthropy though and the president came to talk to us who was a sweetheart. Left here feeling unsure if I could fit in or not.
New York Giants- PHENOMENAL. I immediately felt comfortable, I had so much in common with all the girls, I loved their involvement on campus. They were so genuine and I felt like I could be myself with absolutely no shame or fear of judgement. Felt like I could share my story with them.

New England Patriots- Very sweet and real, I had a lot in common with the girls and felt comfortable. The president remembered me from the tours and came to say hi. I really would like to go back and talk to more girls.

Ranking was hard! I We had to rank our bottom 3, I knew I wanted the 49er’s and Cardinals in my bottom but I was torn between putting Pittsburgh Steelers or Chicago Bears in the bottom 3. After talking with my Gamma Chi I decided to rank
1. New York Giants
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Green Bay Packers
4. New England Patriots
5. Miami Dolphins
6. Chicago Bears
7. Pittsburgh Steelers
8. Arizona Cardinals
9. San Francisco 49er’s
Every chapter has plenty of social events and every chapter has women who like to party. Every chapter has lots of philanthropy events and has women who like to focus on academics. I wouldn't put too much on "frequent mixers" as a reason that you rank a group low.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I just realized this thread is a sorority recruitment story. I kept skipping over it in my "new posts" list because I saw the word "NFL" and thought it was people actually talking about football...like, recruiting players transferring from other teams or something. I want to use a smiley here, but there is not one that conveys the level of "duh" I am feeling.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought "Beer" (aka partying/mixers ) was one of the 4 Bs to stay away from. I'm surprised that this was a topic at most of the houses.

Last edited by MaggieXi; 09-06-2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Because I didn't full read the post