GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,241
0 members and 1,241 guests
No Members online

Old 07-07-2000, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Question license plate decals

I live in California and I see many license plate decals (ya know, where the front plate would be)for Delta and AKA, but I have never seen any for Zeta or SGRho. Is there a reason for this? Do they not make them for these orgs? Just wondering.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-07-2000, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

They make them for every greek org. The most logical explaination (to me) is the some Zetas and SGRhos choose not to have one on their cars. Zetas and SGRhos are nationwide.

[This message has been edited by 12dn94dst (edited July 07, 2000).]
Old 07-07-2000, 10:20 PM
c&c1913

Wynna,
I'm not sure why you don't see any front plate decals in California. (I would think they would be all over the place) But I do see them in Texas. My cousin is a Zeta and she has one on the front of her car and I know a SGRho with one on her car. I wish I could display my Delta one, but the police pull me over every time. In Texas, you have to have both front and back plates displayed.
Old 07-07-2000, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, okay, it's just me then. I've never seen one. I'll keep looking Thanks!
Old 07-07-2000, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

wsup wyanna! My girl is a SGRHO and she has one on BOTH of her cars. All her sorors do also. So I know they def make them. You will probably run into some sooner or later.
Old 07-07-2000, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm with you C&C 1913. In OHIO it is illegal although there are a lot of people in all frats and sororities with front plates. After the convention, this sista is going to sport one as well. I am not an intentional lawbreaker but dang I love my SORORITY!!!
Old 07-07-2000, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

You can also check the back license plate. I know alot of Greek org members have the back license plate trimmed with their respective org. plate. Also, check their windows, many
Greeks place their letters or crests there. I have the sorority crest in the back window of one car and the decal typically found with the Masons and Eastern Star in the back of my other vehicle. You don't always have to have a plate on the front of your ride. But I am sure there are plenty members of Zeta and SGRho in your area.
Old 07-08-2000, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Wynna,

I am originally (sp) from California, and I see SGRho plates, decals, t-shirts ect all the time in Sacramento. I just always assumed that their was a large network of chapters there. The other thought that occours to me is (and I'm not trying to be insulting), their are simply more AKAs and Deltas out there. We just have more members, so logically speaking, we would have more displays on individual items such as cars and chlothing.

------------------
If you can't raise conciousness, at least raise hell!--Rita Mae Brown
Old 07-09-2000, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry that you haven't saw any SGRho or Zeta plates, but I know that they are made, ( I have so many they just sit in the house...lol)
As far as everyone who have to have two plates on your car you can do like my soror from ill and "poodle-rig" (or what ever you choose to call it) your plate. she actually just got a connector from Auto Zone I think and has her SGRho plate on top of her state plate. Also I've saw alot of plates in windows too.

Old 07-10-2000, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey all:

The plates on the front are illegal in California. People have them but you WILL get a ticket (fix it) if you are caught. It is considered as not having a front plate, which is illegal. What if you run over some old lady crossing the street and a witness sees you from the front. There is not way to identify you. Okay, the old lady bit was too much but you get the picture. I have gtooen a ticket for Delta plates and my boyfriend (like last weekend) got a ticket for not having front plates, he had to take his off, drive down to the check station, pay $10.00, have it checked off as "fixed", go to the courthouse, have them look at it and so on and so frth. It'sreally tedious to HAVE to take a plate off and go through the DRAMA, etc. He wanted to give the cop $10.00 and take it off right there but you know 5-0 (One-time on the West Coast )wasn't going for that.

PEACE

Oh yeah, that may be why you haven't seen many (I knew there was a point to my post).
Old 07-10-2000, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

k, that makes sense. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2000, 03:35 AM

Wink

K now that I've figured out just what kind of plates you're all talking about, I usually see them either "poodled-riged" (like blu-theatrics posted) or displayed in the corner of the back window.

But for everyone who lives where you need both plats, Why not just get a license plate cover? I know I've seen those for Delta. I can't imagine the rest of the Divine Nine not having those available.