GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,525
1 members and 2,524 guests
LaneSig

Old 01-16-2007, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
American Idol 6

It starts tonight! Who else is excited?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-16-2007, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
It starts tonight! Who else is excited?
Only for the auditions. I usually pee myself laughing. After that I quit watching.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 01-16-2007, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a huge AI nerd... love this show!!
Old 01-16-2007, 09:24 PM

I wish they would show more good people. I get so annoyed watching people who are obviously putting on an act just to be on TV.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I love AI!! Couldn't wait till tonight, but I was a little disapointed at the turn out. Only 18 from MN went onto Hollywood?!

Kappa Delta Sorority

Sigma Alpha Iota Music Fraternity
Old 01-17-2007, 03:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTAngel View Post
I wish they would show more good people. I get so annoyed watching people who are obviously putting on an act just to be on TV.
Me too!!! And man, did that city stink. What a waste of time...
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I used to love the auditions, now I think i'll wait until they get to Hollywood. The producers have gotten so caught up in showing these people who are ridiculous and who are totally faking it. It's not even funny anymore.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Was it last season that by the time they did the Hollywood stuff, we didn't really know the finalists b/c they never gave them much air time during the auditions? It was a bunch of people that I never saw before with the exception of the poor singing cowboy... wonder what happened to him?

Last night was rotten - completely overdone in so many ways. I used to love the auditions (better than the rest of the show) but last night wasn't even funny. The only time I remember laughing out loud was once at the beginning when Simon told that girl "the good news is that singing is not for you - now you can move on to something else" and the other was when the big girl with the awful blonde hair & terrible eyeliner (was it Brenna?) came in - just the look on Simon's face when the door opened and she walked in... priceless.

Other than that, the funniest part of the show was watching the rejected candidates walk right into the locked door. You gotta figure they thought it was funny too, or they would have put a "Use other door" sign up after the first couple people did it.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXO Alum View Post
Was it last season that by the time they did the Hollywood stuff, we didn't really know the finalists b/c they never gave them much air time during the auditions? It was a bunch of people that I never saw before with the exception of the poor singing cowboy... wonder what happened to him?

Last night was rotten - completely overdone in so many ways. I used to love the auditions (better than the rest of the show) but last night wasn't even funny. The only time I remember laughing out loud was once at the beginning when Simon told that girl "the good news is that singing is not for you - now you can move on to something else" and the other was when the big girl with the awful blonde hair & terrible eyeliner (was it Brenna?) came in - just the look on Simon's face when the door opened and she walked in... priceless.

Other than that, the funniest part of the show was watching the rejected candidates walk right into the locked door. You gotta figure they thought it was funny too, or they would have put a "Use other door" sign up after the first couple people did it.
"Hey Paula, when's the last time you made a record huh?" Classic. Personally I lost it when Randy went off on the vocal teacher and Simon sat there and anatagonized the poor guy for pure entertainment. Now that was hilarious.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 01-17-2007, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

For those of you who think MN was bad, Simon came out weeks ago saying that Seattle (which airs tonight!) was the worst city they've ever held auditions in!

I don't know what to think about that. Part of me is happy that the talented musicians in our area stayed away, and part of me is sad because I know there is so much musical talent in this city. What I do know is that I won't be watching AI this season (after tonight) because of the completely over-the-top insulting remarks about my city that FOX thinks is good PR for the show.

I have no doubt that the AI auditions bring all the freaks out of the woodwork, if only so they can get on TV. And from the previews I've seen, that will be the case on tonight's show.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXO Alum View Post
Was it last season that by the time they did the Hollywood stuff, we didn't really know the finalists b/c they never gave them much air time during the auditions?
Yep. They air mostly the bad auditions. They probably think that gets them more viewers. I enjoyed watching the bad auditions the first few seasons because they were real. But now there's a bunch of people who put on an act just to be on TV. I don't think anyone thought the juggler guy was for real. His "tears" were so fake. His mother was trying so hard to look sad but you could tell she was about to start cracking up. I grabbed a book after that audition and just read until I heard someone that sounded good.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

The girl in the black outfit with the awful eyeliner made my cats run under the couch. No kidding. Don't these people have friends? I'd hobble my friends before I'd let them humiliate themselves on national TV.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

The chick who did the Lion from the Wizard of Oz made my cat hiss at the TV. No joke. Mike & I couldn't stop laughing at the freak kid in the red shirt who was also juggling & dancing. His meltdown just had me holding my sides in laughter but I can't believe his mom is actually encouraging him to keep going b/c he's good & going to be famous one day. She's totally bullshitting her kid. He SUCKS!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

my dog barked at the TV when the King of the Forest lady was singing.

I'm over the bad auditions... they have got to the point to where they are lame and I don't want to watch them.

Let's hear some good people sing.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

As far as the mid-west goes, I definitely was not blown away by anyone that actually made it to Hollywood last night (out of the ones that they showed) ... which was definitely dissapointing.

In past seasons they seemed to show a little bit more and I was able to get drawn in early on because of one or two people that blew me away that ended up making to the late finals.

Out of the people that they did show last night, I think most of them were a stretch as far as being able to go on to the next round.