GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,227
2 members and 1,225 guests
navane, speedsters

Old 02-10-2019, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

That's great news! Congratulations!!

True and Constant
Old 02-10-2019, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Not certain why you felt the need to QFP . As I understand, you are a AI, how would you know what it is like to be a woman who really wants a bid in the real recruitment process.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTA72 View Post
Not certain why you felt the need to QFP . As I understand, you are a AI, how would you know what it is like to be a woman who really wants a bid in the real recruitment process.
1) I did receive a "real bid" in a "real" recruitment process. My mother fell ill, I withdrew and my mother later died.

2) My full membership in Gamma Phi Beta is just as "real" as yours is in Zeta Tau Alpha

True and Constant
Old 02-11-2019, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTA72 View Post
Not certain why you felt the need to target Navane and by extension, all AIs here and elsewhere. IMO, having the QFP is helpful for other PNMs in future, since the OP deleted her original post containing relevant information and details. It also illustrates that this PNM significantly improved her grades and it resulted in a bid!

Back to your post:

First, so what? Navane's an AI. Is that shameful or second rate? Do we look at AIs differently? Do we look at second semester sophomores, or juniors, as "less than"? Maybe in your world, not in mine. Further, Navane offered positive suggestions and advice to the PNM.

Second, in my experience, which is not limited FWIW, every AI I've known "really wanted a bid in the real recruitment process" and for multiple reasons, that didn't happen.

You did manage to bring up two painful memories for Navane. Was that your intent? Just to be clear, I'm writing this for every AI and PNM who reads this thread. I don't know Navane. I don't know you either. I do know petty when I see it. You want to fight with me, go ahead and enjoy yourself. I'm done here. *shrug*

rj74, welcome to Theta! If you get another 4.0 you'll get a scholarship pearl to hang on your badge guard chain!!! My favorite Theta saying is about being "the widest influence for good". It's not an easy task, but it is a worthwhile objective. The late Amy Kates (one of our Grand Council Presidents) wrote me a note once reminding me of that. I treasure that note.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity