GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,522
2 members and 2,520 guests
babradanry3265, TLLK

Old 09-09-2012, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Oklahoma State University

Hey! I'm planning on rushing in the spring at OSU, just wondering when it starts, how to sign up, and what houses are participating in it. Thank You!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-09-2012, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know anything about spring recruitment at Oklahoma State -- but you might contact the Greek affairs office there for more information:

http://union.okstate.edu/GoGreek/
Old 09-09-2012, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Not all of the chapters will participate, but contact Greek life office to get on the list. In the meantime, keep your grades up. OSU chapters have pretty high grade standards. Get involved on campus and don't do stupid partying/acting the fool in public. Good luck! The greek community at OSU is fun and nice--great opportunities for leadership, community service and sisterhood. Who knows....maybe we will be sisters!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Ditto on the grades. I did a rec for someone going through recruitment at OSU this fall. It was the first rec I had done for someone at that school -- most of mine are SEC --but I viewed their online recruitment handbook and they had the highest minimum grade requirements (for sororities and fraternities) I've seen at any school so far, and I've been doing recs for years.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

During formal recruitment, friends who are very active in supporting recruitment have told me that a couple of houses actually cut at closer to a 3.5, due to the large number of girls coming through. It's a tough process for girls coming through with mediocre high school grades. All the activities, honors and community service don't matter if you can't get yourself across that grades threshold.