GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,543
1 members and 2,542 guests
No Members online

Old 08-12-2000, 07:30 PM
Jenifer

Post General sorority reputations

Hey! I'm definitely planning on joining a sorority and am really curious as to what the general reputations of the most popular sororities are. Who are the biggest partiers, the most pretentious... just general things like that.

thanks,
Jen
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-12-2000, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

sorry, but i bet no one here is going to give you the answer you're looking for.

it TOTALLY depends on which school you're talking about. national sororities have lots of chapters at colleges across the country and internationally. each individual chapter, because it is on a different campus, might attract a different "type" of girl. for example, sorority ABC at Univ. of Michigan might be known as the richest, most beautiful girls on campus, and be super-exclusive, while the ABC chapter at UT could be known as the fat bookworms, and the chapter might not make cuts during rush. same national sorority, different chapters at different schools, and VERY different reputations.

you didn't tell us where you're going to college, but it won't take you long to figure out the answer for yourself once you're on campus. i'm sure any upperclass fraternity brother would be happy to give you the rundown on who's who among the sororities. you can use this secondhand info to get a basic idea of how the house is seen by the rest of the campus, but don't take others' opinions too seriously. guys are often misinformed about which type of girl gets into certain houses. you'll really have to see for yourself during rush.

[This message has been edited by twinstars (edited August 12, 2000).]
Old 08-15-2000, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Jen
You & I are in similar situations. I am also planning to rush & have been looking into the greek system since I was a sophomore in high school. My advice to you is, once you figure out which school you will be attending, contact those who oversee the student organizations or jump on the school's website & search for their student organizations. This way you can view the different sororities web pages & if you are interested in certain groups you can contact some of the girls & I know they'd be happy to talk to you & even take you around campus or spend time with you. I did this & it was the best thing I could have done. I have met so many people & made many friends & rush has not even begun. This will not only make rush go smoother for you, but it will make school in general easier because you will know so many people. Good Luck!

Allison

------------------
A mistake at least proves that somebody stopped talking long enough to do something.
~ Anonymous