GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,548
3 members and 1,545 guests
oncegreek, PrettyBoy

Old 01-29-2010, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

GPA issues.

Ok my school requires a minimum GPA of 2.5, and a semester GPA of 2.3. While i just barely have the 2.5, and i have a 2.0 from last semester. Can i still possibly be able to pledge. I have made great grades in the past, i just had a rough semester in fall09...which they will see on my transcipt that i can make better grades. I can't sleep at night, wondering if i will be able to pledge this semester of spr10. I have waited long enough, and it's going to kill me if i can't RUSH this semester. What do yall think? Me personally, i think that many of the sorors who are already in didn't meet certain requirements were still taken in anyways, but then again i could be wrong. IDK, just please let me know what yall think...and know about joining a soror under these conditions. Oh, and will they be looking at my grades from fall09 or spr10...if the RUSH is this semester. (spr10)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-29-2010, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.classy12 View Post
Ok my school requires a minimum GPA of 2.5, and a semester GPA of 2.3. While i just barely have the 2.5, and i have a 2.0 from last semester. Can i still possibly be able to pledge. I have made great grades in the past, i just had a rough semester in fall09...which they will see on my transcipt that i can make better grades. I can't sleep at night, wondering if i will be able to pledge this semester of spr10. I have waited long enough, and it's going to kill me if i can't RUSH this semester. What do yall think? Me personally, i think that many of the sorors who are already in didn't meet certain requirements were still taken in anyways, but then again i could be wrong. IDK, just please let me know what yall think...and know about joining a soror under these conditions. Oh, and will they be looking at my grades from fall09 or spr10...if the RUSH is this semester. (spr10)
NPC or NPHC?
Old 01-29-2010, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Old 01-29-2010, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
"Damn bitch is there an echo in here?" - Senusret I.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
NPC or NPHC?

NPHC
Old 01-29-2010, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post

...WTF
Old 01-29-2010, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So many things!

Technically speaking, if your school has set those rules, then there's nothing you can do except apply anyway and see if an exception is made (like you said).

But honey, you have to understand that a 2.0 is a very bad GPA, even for one off semester, and that even if you were to rush and get selected, becoming a member won't erase the bad GPA. You have to work hard to get your grades up.

Not rushing won't kill you. Rushing and not getting selected because of a low GPA -- well, wouldn't that be more embarrassing than not rushing? Do you want to be known as the girl who didn't follow directions and rushed with a bad GPA?

And yes, I have heard of cases where girls and guys pursued membership and slid right on in with a GPA which was low, or a missing community service letter, or any number of credentials that were iffy. But you know what? Those men and women had a special something that the chapter wanted. I can't tell you what that special something is, but I can tell you that if you have to ask on a message board for advice, you probably don't have it.

Befriend the members. Get your grades up. Try another time. That's what I would tell my own daughter if I had one; that's what I would tell my friends.

And unlike NPC sororities, for NPHC organizations there are ALWAYS graduate/alumni/ae chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
"Damn bitch is there an echo in here?" - Senusret I.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

A. I would say you are wrong about most members of NPHC chapters not meeting GPA requirements before joining.

B. You're probably not going to get very much more than that on GreekChat.

Good luck.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=Senusret I;1890861]So many things!

Technically speaking, if your school has set those rules, then there's nothing you can do except apply anyway and see if an exception is made (like you said).

But honey, you have to understand that a 2.0 is a very bad GPA, even for one off semester, and that even if you were to rush and get selected, becoming a member won't erase the bad GPA. You have to work hard to get your grades up.

Not rushing won't kill you. Rushing and not getting selected because of a low GPA -- well, wouldn't that be more embarrassing than not rushing? Do you want to be known as the girl who didn't follow directions and rushed with a bad GPA?

And yes, I have heard of cases where girls and guys pursued membership and slid right on in with a GPA which was low, or a missing community service letter, or any number of credentials that were iffy. But you know what? Those men and women had a special something that the chapter wanted. I can't tell you what that special something is, but I can tell you that if you have to ask on a message board for advice, you probably don't have it.

Befriend the members. Get your grades up. Try another time. That's what I would tell my own daughter if I had one; that's what I would tell my friends.

And unlike NPC sororities, for NPHC organizations there are ALWAYS graduate/alumni/ae chapters.

Thanks for the info, but why when someone ask as simple question...they are knocked. Just to clear it up, first of all...you don't know what I have. FYI, I don't think...i KNOW that i would make a great soror for the organization i am trying to join. I have always had great grades, and my GPA has been up. Last semester just kind of hit me hard...but what can i do. So, if i get turned down this semester because of my grades...so be it. I will be back whenever they rush again, because i know that this is for me. Anyways, i told myself that...it doesn't hurt to try and see what happens. It would hurt to not try, and wonder what could have been.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Thanks for the info, but why when someone ask as simple question...they are knocked. Just to clear it up, first of all...you don't know what I have. FYI, I don't think...i KNOW that i would make a great soror for the organization i am trying to join. I have always had great grades, and my GPA has been up. Last semester just kind of hit me hard...but what can i do. So, if i get turned down this semester because of my grades...so be it. I will be back whenever they rush again, because i know that this is for me. Anyways, i told myself that...it doesn't hurt to try and see what happens. It would hurt to not try, and wonder what could have been.
Quote:
While i just barely have the 2.5, and i have a 2.0 from last semester.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Pledge the library before you pledge a sorority.

(PS- who coined "pledge the library" ??? I love it)
Old 01-30-2010, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

...do you even have an education?!?! Yall are too funny on here, half of you all will never even come close to where i am. Half of you all are fake, and don't even know shit about being in a sorority or fraternity. FYI, every word that i spell is correct. I came out of high school at 18, and i am a 19 year old sophomore. I will graduate in 2012, and I will get excepted into medical school. Yall can't knock me.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post

...do you even have an education?!?! Yall are too funny on here, half of you all will never even come close to where i am. Half of you all are fake, and don't even know shit about being in a sorority or fraternity. FYI, every word that i spell is correct. I came out of high school at 18, and i am a 19 year old sophomore. I will graduate in 2012, and I will get excepted into medical school. Yall can't knock me.

---"Pledge the library," what could be more lame?
Old 01-30-2010, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post

I didn't coin it, but I think I introduced it to GC lol

Quote:
This is why I'm glad I receive the notifications to my email. Looks like somebody changed their mind about posting the above message.

I can safely say that everyone here has an education and knows about being in a sorority or fraternity. Some people who have responded have been advisors and national committee chairs.

You volunteered to come to GreekChat to share information about yourself and your GPA.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
---"Pledge the library," what could be more lame?
A 2.0 GPA.