GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,144
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, dartyparty
» Online Users: 796
2 members and 794 guests
MethrenLusia, Tridentia

Old 02-26-2014, 08:15 PM
Banned

As they said on Anderson Cooper, she gave a head nod to both sides and was wise to not wait until Friday.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-26-2014, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Preach! *waving church fan*

I am watching Governor Brewer's address of that bullshit "Religious Freedom" Bill. Governor Brewer vetoed that Bill. Thank you, Governor Brewer. CNN is doing a great job covering this.

This isn't just about Christianity except for the fact that Christianity is the power dominant group and Christianity is the world's largest religion. All of the mainstream religions have issues regarding sexual orientation, sexuality, gender, and other group dynamics. And people have always used the cult of religion to justify and perpetuate inequalities. That is why I am not a fan of organized religion and my belief in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior is more about faith and spirituality than about what humans have published and preached in the name of religion.

/rant
All of this. I love. that is all.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgeguy View Post
One comment was made about the possibly of Mormons using polygamy as part of their religions, so I again as the question, what if homosexuality were redefined as a religion?
Interesting comparison, since polygamy was one of the flash points that caused a great deal of distrust of, and violence toward, Mormons in the 19th Century, and since abolition of polygamy was a condition of Utah's admission to the Union.

The idea of that polygamy was (and in same cases, still is) a religious practice certainly didn't make it any less controversial or more acceptable. Or legal.