GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,138
0 members and 1,138 guests
No Members online

Old 11-09-2001, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to roxydiva
rush starts tomorrow!

hey everyone!

i start rush tomorrow! but heres the bad news. we go to all the chapters this weekend, then dont finish rush til end of christmas break, so you all will have to wait awhile for all of my story! but i will keep you guys updated! im nervous, but ill be ok. i dont even know what houses i go to tomorrow. our rho chi is just telling us in the morning (which seems to be kind of odd to me, but ok). the houses ill be going to are:

AXO
ADPi
AEPhi
AGD
AOPi
APhi
AZD
ChiO
DDD
DG
DZ
GPhiB
KAT
KD
KKG
PhiMu
PiPhi
SDT
ZTA

whew! im gonna be tired! 10 tomorrow, 9 sunday! oy
Old 11-09-2001, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Roxy,
Please advise what school so we can act discreetly if need be.

Much thanks...and my advice to you is to take a small notepad with you and jot down notes about each house after you leave. It will help you keep things straight!

Barbara
Rush Forum Moderator
Old 11-09-2001, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
My guess is that this is Indiana University. Given the 19 chapters and the split rush schedule, first round now and invitation rounds just before 2nd semister starts.
Old 11-09-2001, 01:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sue_XO Send a message via Yahoo to Sue_XO
Best of luck Roxy! We are all rooting for you to find your heart's choice in sisterhood!
Old 11-09-2001, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Good luck! keep us updated, especially about which ones you really like!
Old 11-09-2001, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

How can they be so cruel to keep us (and you!!) waiting so long?! Good luck, and have a blast!! We can't wait to hear ALL the details!
Old 11-09-2001, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

AZ-AlphaXi was right! i attend IU. and never fear i will definitely keep you guys updated! i am also going to buy a little notebook today, and some new shoes, so my feet dont kill me!! thanks guys!

roxydiva
Old 11-09-2001, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I am somewhat biased towards AXiD, afterall I am their 2001 Sweetheart on my campus. But, don't let that sway you.

Anyways, make sure you get to know the sisters well and join the house that will present you with the best opportunities. The last thing you want to do is regret joining a house because you didn't really get to know them.

Good luck!
Old 11-10-2001, 07:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile all the best

from one hoosier (albeit Purdue) to another, good luck.
mmcat
Old 11-10-2001, 01:03 PM

Have so much fun! Keep us updated!
Old 11-10-2001, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

ok so heres my first update! i just finished my first 5 houses. i went to KKG, pi phi, alpha phi, tri delt, and theta. i loved KKG, pi phi, and alpha phi. all REALLY nice girls, excellent houses, etc. at pi phi we had our one philanthropy round, where we made cards either for NY firefighters, or rileys childrens hospital. the girl who was rushing me didnt even know exactly what we were supposed to be doing. this is the first time IU has had to do some kind of philantrophy round i believe. i think i liked KKG the most. those girls definitely seemed the sweetest. then again, this was also the first house! we had drink party at alpha phi, and we had shirley temples! yummy!!! other girls in my group that went to other houses had boring stuff like water and snapple. so i lucked out there tri delt was by far the loudest. whew. craziness! we had the two rushees to one rusher there, and i have to say i didnt like that at alll. the other girl wouldnt stop talking. also, we didnt get a house tour, which seemed kind of odd. theta also had the two to one. and the other girl knew tons of girls in the house, and EVERY 5 seconds, a different sister would come up to her and say hi hows everything going, etc. but it got kind of old to me. like i was saying, the girls were all really nice, but so far i think kappa is my favorite! and now i have to go catch the bus up to the extension. at least we have nice weather this year! sorry if this isnt too good, ive never written anything quite like this before. ill post again after tonight!
roxydiva
Old 11-11-2001, 08:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up aces

you are doing just fine. keep an open mind and keep those fingers typing..
mmcat
Old 11-11-2001, 09:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AOIIAngel
Sounds great so far! Just keep smiling and having fun!!! Good luck!!
Old 11-11-2001, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

ok, heres the second part of last night! after break, i went to ADPi, AZD, phi mu, DZ, and AOPII. surprisingly to me, i think i liked AZD the best of these. i didnt expect to at all, but hey, the wonders of an open mind! it was very nice there, because there were two rushes and two rushees (one to one though) in a regular bedroom (well. not bedroom, but the girls rooms). this was GREAT! i didnt have to yell, and it was nice to be in the middle of the hustle and bustle of everything. ADPi and AZD had great houses. both were built around 92, so theyre relatively new and still REALLY nice! for those of you who have heard about the new AOPi house here and how wonderful it is....well it LOOKS beautiful from the outside...but we got in, and they just took us in the dining room. no tour! we were ALL bummed! but i guess they do tours over 12 or 6 party. but still, we were all like "damn." i really liked their girls too. i also had some really good convos with girls at ADPi, but i dont necessarily feel like i fit in there the best. and phi mu, i was like "i dont feel comfortable here really...." and DZ....i dont know. the last rusher just seemed really not into it. the other rushers were really sweet though, and their house is beautiful as well! ill write more probably tomorrow! bye folks

roxydiva
Old 11-11-2001, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like fun! I didn't go thru formal rush, and I'm glad in a way, but it sounds like I missed out a bit... and now I have to be on the other side of it and I'm terrified!

That is a HUGE greek system, what percentage of the student body is greek?