GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,265
1 members and 2,264 guests
Sciencewoman

Old 07-06-2000, 03:03 PM
Butterrfly

Red face Kicked out for violating a "code"?

I just found out that a girl who attends the same university as me was kicked out of her sorority. Sadly, this young lady has quite a bad reputation for a number of reasons. Anyway, she was at a dance club and was caught peeing in the sink of the ladies restroom. Needless to say, she was kicked out of the club. Since news travels fast at my school, it didn't take long for her sorority to find out about her little escapade and she was kicked out of the sorority. I guess I am just trying to find out if there is any truth to this rumor. Could someone really be kicked out of their sorority for something like this? Was it because she violated some sort of code of behavior?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-06-2000, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I believe that it varies from organization to organization, but all of us have certain rules and regulations that govern how we should conduct ourselves when in public.

I know that my frat, does have a list of rules that we are to abide by. Now for borish behavior I think that could be handled by puting that person in the Kut. But for more seriouse things, you can loose your card.

I just think that it is the responsibility of the individual to conduct themselves in a maner that is befitting the letters that they wear across their chest. When I do something wrong and I have on pari, it reflects negatively on my frat. That is why we are taught that you always conduct yourself as a gentlemen (except during Konclave) when in public. People are always looking at what we as greeks do, and when we mess up, all of us pay for it. "See that's why we shouldn't have greeks, they pissing in the sink again"

You get my meaning. I try, (sometimes I fall a little short) to always conduct myself in a manner befitting a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., and as a NUPE.

Old 07-06-2000, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

There's probably a lot more to the story than this one incident. Even still, I'm sure each organization has rules of conduct and concequences for violating those rules which include, but are not limited to, dismissal.
Old 07-06-2000, 04:24 PM

I agree with 12dn94dst. There's probably a lot more to the story. But yeah if you do something that would be disgraceful to your sorority you could certainly get kicked out. Rules, regulations, and discplinary actions vary between sororities. And chapters can make them even stricter if they have that option.
Old 07-06-2000, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by ManndingoNUPE:
That is why we are taught that you always conduct yourself as a gentlemen (except during Konclave) when in public.
(tongue planted FIRMLY in cheek) LMAO....so, wait (still laughing) Conclave is a reason to get buck wild an act in a non-gentlemanly manner? MMM...that may explain the 65 year-old-men hittin' on me when the Nupes were in Altanta last summer (and the wives who were looking down their noses at me)...... L L

Love Ya like a Play Cousin!

------------------
Kelli
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
12-Delta Nu-94
MAL, Southern Region
Savannah State University c/o 1997

[This message has been edited by 12dn94dst (edited July 06, 2000).]
Old 07-06-2000, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hey, I was in Atlanta during Kappa Konclave last year! I was there for the Bronner Brothers Hairshow and my boyfriend as well as my cousin were there for conclave. We questioned whether or not it was a coincidence that the Kappa Konclave was scheduled the same time that the city would be filled with thousands of single ladies (with the hairshow.....hhhmmmmmm)The Marriott that I stayed at was filled to the brim with Kappas, I believe that all of their activities/meetings were being held there. Anyway, MandingoNUPE I thought you guys were quite gentlemanly, at the hotel, many of you helped us with our bags,etc. Now at the club.....we will say that a lot of that undergraduate flavor came out of you all. You have to loosen up sometime, right?

[This message has been edited by mizzkes (edited July 06, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by mizzkes (edited July 06, 2000).]