GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,433
2 members and 1,431 guests
naraht, Sen's Revenge

Old 07-13-2000, 02:37 PM
SigmaKGrl

Post SIZE DOESN'T MATTER

As for the Sigma Kappa chapter on my campus in my four years in the chapter we have been the largest- the second largest and the third largest. there are only four chapters at my school so we are all very simiiar in size. However in this case SIZE DOESN'T MATTER. As people have already reported Sigma Kappas are the most down to earth-gril next door type. These are the members that you could trust and turn to--they will not stab you in the back, they will not put on false airs, they will not be fake. At my school Sigma Kappa are the most respected chapter by non-greeks, fraternity members, as well as faculty members. We take pride in our reputation as well as in ourselves. We however still can party and have a great time! All in all at my school Sigma Kappas are by far the best!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-13-2000, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Whew! For a minute there I expected this post to be REALLY EXPLICIT!!! I had my reply all ready as soon as I saw the topic! It would have been: Forget that "it's not the size,it's the motion of the ocean" bullsh*t! Size matters to me goddam!
...Decent members of this board PLEASE excuse my dirty mind!
Old 07-13-2000, 11:16 PM
veruca

You know what - I agree. The largest chapters on my campus are not necessarily the "best" in terms of reputation or sincere sisterhood. Also, as everyone has pointed out a campus scene can change dramatically in just a few years. The "Top" house can go up and down and all over the place.
Also, size doesn't seem to matter much on a national level either. You can go to Greek Zone.com and look at the list of charters granted and how many they've had go inactive. Several of the house with the most charters have also lost more chapters than anyone else. Quality and quantity is always a fragile balance.