GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Chi > Chi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,431
1 members and 2,430 guests
No Members online

Old 10-13-2003, 04:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to babyhootie Send a message via Yahoo to babyhootie
Homecoming Queen

has anybody ever run for Homecoming Queen? I was nominated by one of the organizations I am in... and to tell you the truth, I am so freaking nervous.... I am usually not the type to be out there, you know? I am a more behind the scenes person.

Here at APSU, we have elections to see who the top 5 people will be for Queen, then a board interviews and selects the Queen... and you know what's really funny? For the past... FOREVER.. a Chi Omega has been homecoming queen!! Luckily, quite a few of my sisters are running for Queen, so if I don't win... Chi Omega can still keep its winning streak!

Anyway, I keep babbling... does anybody have any advice on how to prep for interviews or what to do for campaigning? Thanks!
Old 10-13-2003, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I was never nominated to run for Homecoming Queen in Chi Omega. I was in a list of girls for our Student Senate when I was a Freshman but most of us girls denied the idea because we didn't want to run against a sister who was running for Homecoming Queen as a Chi Omega. Does that make sense?

The reason was that we'd rather have our chapter support the candidate that represented our organization and not have sisters feel "torn" between two candidates.

Good Luck though
Old 10-13-2003, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Ideas for campaign:

Handbills with your picture, name and organization...GPA and activities is a good idea.

Handing out candy and sticker name tags is another favorite on our chapter.

We'd also chalk our candidate's name on the side walk infront of the student center.

Have a cool slogan...usually a play on words that revolves around your last name. For instance one of our sisters ran and her last name was White. So we had stickers made that said Jackie White for Homecoming Queen. "The WHITE choice" (right choice).

Our candidate also arranged times that she could go speak at the fraternity's chapter meetings and other organization's meetings. That helps them get an idea of who you are
Old 10-14-2003, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to babyhootie Send a message via Yahoo to babyhootie
thanks again!

Thanks very much! There are like.. a million Chi-Os running for Queen this year, and i think one of us will win. We always do (I totally mean that in a non-conceited way). Last year, we had three girls in the final five... this year, I really think whoever wins... they're going to be XOs! hehehe

I like the handbill/flyer idea, Hootie... thanks!