GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,338
1 members and 2,337 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 08-19-2012, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Bump/can we move this to recruitment stories, please?
Old 08-25-2012, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

What happened to her? I want to know!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I've noticed when threads get abandoned, recruitment didn't work out the way the PNM was hoping.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-25-2012, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
I've noticed when threads get abandoned, recruitment didn't work out the way the PNM was hoping.
Pretty much always the case, IMO. NO point in asking the OP to return, b/c even M8B says "highly unlikely" when asked.

My pet peeve: PNMs who start a story weeks (or months) in advance ("I'm rushing at UTopia, I'm so excited, gush gush gush" "what should I wear blah blah blah"), start posting a thread when recruitment starts, indicate that they've accepted a bid, never finish their story, and vanish.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 08-25-2012, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
That was my first thought---But I hope she is just too busy to come back and let us know.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerette80 View Post
That was my first thought---But I hope she is just too busy to come back and let us know.
I've seen this happen a few times actually, but usually, yes, recruitment did not turn out as planned.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Not to sound mean, then don't start a thread. I think they get excited (understandably), LOVE the attention they get from us GCr's, and then when recruitment doesn't go the way they "think" it should, they just forget about this thread. I wish they wouldn't start threads unless they have an intention of finishing them.

I wrote a rec for a PNM who was going to post a thread. I have been in contact with her, unfortunately her recruitment didn't turn out the way she wanted (she was released) and therefore she decided not to do a thread. Completely understand. But I also think that PNM's should get the "reality check" that they may "think" they are the complete package but so are the other women going through recruitment. Unfortunately life isn't fair.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-25-2012, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm still hopeful she'll come back! Maybe with the excitement of the beginning of freshman year and being a new member after going through the largest recruitment in history (according to Delta Gamma's Facebook.) She never finished writing about second round, so I don't know if this necessarily had anything to do with it not going her way. Oh well :/ I do hope she returns!
Old 08-26-2012, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry for the delay!

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry for the delay! With the beginning of classes, bid day, retreat, I have had NO time to sit down and write!
Old 08-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Well, get going girl!! (and I am thrilled to see you said bid day, and retreat!!)
Old 08-26-2012, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Philanthropy Day 2!

I once again apologize for the delay! Rush week got so busy, along with retreat and school beginning! Here is Philanthropy Day 2!

On Day 2, I was invited back to England, Spain, The Netherlands, and Brazil.

England- I didn't like this house during Ice Water teas, but they really impressed me during this round! I felt a different vibe this time, and I had a great conversation with the girl who picked me up at the door. I certainly want to give this house a second chance.

Spain- I absolutely loved how they decorated their house. They used their colors and mentioned a lot of personal experiences with their philanthropy. It was really great to hear that. I didn't get as great of a vibe as I did first round, but I certainly want to give this house another chance if they invited me back.

The Netherlands- I absolutely loved their Philanthropy, especially their new Philanthropy. I felt an instant connection with the new one, because I could relate to it so much. I love this house and want to be invited back!

Brazil- I also loved how they had the house decorated with their Philanthropy. I saw a video of an active who had a direct connection with the Philanthropy, and it was so meaningful to hear. I didn't really have a great conversation with the girl who talked to me, but if they invited me back, it would certainly go back!

Next, Skit Day, Day 1!
Old 08-26-2012, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Skit Day 1

I woke up the morning of Skit Day absolutely nervous. I kept checking my phone every second, because I was so paranoid my Rho Chi would call me telling me I would be released. I finally got a text from her saying that all release calls were made, and to come to the meeting spot at normal time. What a relief..

I received my card from my Rho Chi that morning, which would tell me what my schedule would be the next two days. I looked down and I only had two sororities left. That's when I went to a little bit of panic mode. It was another big jump, from seven houses to two. I absolutely loved both of the houses I was invited back to, but the number I had left shocked me. I sent a text to my roommate, who was also rushing, to see which houses she had left. We both had the same two houses left. Like me, she was also shocked by the number!

The two sororities that invited me back were:

South Korea
The Netherlands

I had both houses on the first day, so I had a nice little break the next day

South Korea- Their skit was SO funny. I keep falling in love with this house. I loved their sense of humor, and I had another wonderful conversation with another one of the girls from South Korea. They are my number one!

The Netherlands- Their skit was a little corny, but I found it really cute and funny. I also loved this house!

Next, Preference Round!
Old 08-26-2012, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Hope you got invited back to both!
Old 08-26-2012, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Preference Round

I woke up to Preference round anxious and nervous. It was getting out to the end, and I didn't want to get dropped after putting so much time, effort, and energy to rush! I kept checking my phone every second, as usual, to make sure that I didn't get a call from my Rho Chi saying I was released. When I received word that all calls were made, I was excited! I was hoping that I would get invited back to both South Korea and the Netherlands! I stepped out of my dorm room with a cute peach colored dress and a pair of nude heels. I was ready for this day!

When my Rho Chi gave me my card I saw:

South Korea
The Netherlands

I was ELATED that both houses invited me back! I also texted my roommate to see which houses invited her back, and she was also invited back to South Korea and The Netherlands!

South Korea- This was the first house I went to. They had a wonderful little welcome ceremony, and I could feel the passion for their sorority. I even cried, because it was so touching and wonderful to see/hear. I want be a member of this group SO bad.

The Netherlands- I went to this house next. Their ceremony was also very touching, and I felt a connection. But, I still had South Korea on my mind. I realized that I would also fit in very well at this house, and I almost cried during this ceremony, too!

When it came time to vote, I knew exactly which one would be my number one and my number two. I didn't suicide because I would be so happy at either house, and both of them are great houses. I realized that I just survived the biggest rush EVER, starting out with 2000 girls. I was so proud of myself that I made it that far, and I knew that I was about to accomplish something huge!

The worst part was waiting to go in and vote. Seemed like forever! My decision was:

1. South Korea
2. The Netherlands

I walked out of voting feeling wonderful. I was so excited to be able to enjoy myself on bid day the next morning!
Old 08-26-2012, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up BID DAY!!!

I woke up on Bid Day so anxious, excited, and nervous! My roommate and I were dancing around our dorm that morning because we made it to Bid Day. It was also a possibility we could be sisters! We both put on a cute pair of shorts, tank, and some sandals. We were then off to Bryant-Denny to sit with our Rho Chi groups!

As I sat down in Bryant-Denny, I looked around. I sat with girls in my Rho-Chi group who I became friends with this past week, looked for my other friends, and looked at my fellow PNM's. What an exhausting week it was, but all 1500ish of us who were getting bids were so excited!

I texted all of my family and friends telling them that I would be opening up my bid at 10 AM. 10 AM came, and they didn't even start the program yet. I was so anxious, I had my bid in my hand, and all I wanted to do was rip the envelope open! My family and friends kept texting me, but I wasn't able to give them an answer because I didn't open my bid yet, talk about walking on pins and needles! They FINALLY began the program by revealing the Rho Chi's at 10:20. One of my Rho Chi girls was a Phi Mu, and the other was a Delta Zeta. Next, it was FINALLY time to open my bid, and I got a bid from.....

THE NETHERLANDS! which is....

GAMMA PHI BETA!

I was so excited to officially be a baby penguin!

I then found out about .5 seconds later that my roommate was a new member at South Korea, which is Delta Gamma!

I ran from Bryant-Denny to the Gamma Phi House, where my new sisters awaited me!

I love Gamma Phi Beta so far, and I'm so proud to be apart of this amazing sorority!