GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,526
1 members and 1,525 guests
No Members online

Old 09-29-2002, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Canadajen,

It's so great to hear a Canadian campus doing so well with recruitment. It's nice to hear things are different over there. Back home, the average sorority is 10 members...but that may change this year!
Congrats to all chapters taking quota!

and Congrats to AGD,

from another canadian Jen!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-29-2002, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to canadajen
MooseGirl, Thanks from one Jen to another!

UBCs greek system is indeed thriving, with 7 sororities and 8 fraternities on campus!! Ground has been broken for a new fraternity village on campus which will see current chapters relocate into brand new houses constructed for the chapters in the new few years - hopefully also to be followed up with the planned sorority complex (about 6-10 beds & a chapter room & living area for each sorority) once enough money is raised (very tough to do around here!) Most if not all of the sororities have phenomenal alumni support, but here in Canada, I have found that alumni support means generally being there, and not the financial contributions that are so much more common stateside! and this is one of the major reason that it is taking so long for each sorority to raise the necessary funds. One day soon I hope ...

Thanks again for your post!! I wish you and your chapter (& indeed the entire Greek system) a very strong recruitment ... btw, where do you go to school? I'm thinking Manitoba?

In any case, good luck & be sure to keep us posted with all the details ... we love this stuff!
Old 09-29-2002, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by canadajen
Thanks again for your post!! I wish you and your chapter (& indeed the entire Greek system) a very strong recruitment ... btw, where do you go to school? I'm thinking Manitoba?
Moosegirl goes to University of Windsor which is home to Phi Sigma Sigma and Delta Zeta, and a local, Delta Psi Delta.

My Nanaimo Bars went over well, but I had lots left over. We had wonderful desserts: Peanut Butter Marshmellow Bars, Cupcakes with Deltas and Gammas on them, Berry Crumble, Brownies, Lemon Squares, Carrot Cake...it was to die for!

I am very impressed to hear that Alpha Phi got 15 new members...good for them!

I also know that Delta Gee took 22 fine new members today, same as Alpha Gamma Delta and Gamma Phi Beta. Congratulations, Ladies!!!

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 09-29-2002 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

okay, okay....

...what happened to uptown girl?????????????
Old 09-29-2002, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

a quick update ...

Awesome job DG!!

I have just heard from a friend that DPhiE welcomed 8 new members today at UBC - congratulations ladies!!

and now if we only knew how things turned out for uptown_girl ...
Old 09-29-2002, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey there!

Quote:
Moosegirl goes to University of Windsor which is home to Phi Sigma Sigma and Delta Zeta, and a local, Delta Psi Delta.
This is true except for one error - Delta Psi Delta never "took", they were on campus one semester , but didn't initiate anyone....they had two sisters in the area who had hoped to start the chapter...but didn't work.

Although the following year we did get Gamma Phi Delta, local all-black sorority that was trying to expand from York. They've kinda died out, don't see em much.

I know we're close to Western that has a huge Greek system, but it's just not big here....

ANyway, enuf about me....what happened Uptown ????? I hope she's out celebrating!!!!!
Old 09-30-2002, 12:00 AM

Okay, so:
AGD: 22
Gamma Phi: 22
DG: 22
APhi: 15
DPhiE: 8

canada_jen, you can said that a 4th house also got 22...I am thinking that it was KKG? What did ADPi get? Do you know?

Siobhan...WHERE ARE YOOOOOOOOU? LOL
Old 09-30-2002, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hey ladies,

Kappa proudly welcomed 20 new members today! IT was the best bids ever. I've been watching this list of posts for weeks now, as I was disaffiliated I couldn't post.. and reveal myself! But now I can. Uptown girl.. I've been dying to ask if you were in my orientation (AMS Orientations) group? Or was it some other UBC group?
Hope your bids day was fabulous!

Krissy
Old 09-30-2002, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Hello, my greek sisters!!!

That's right, after an exciting day I am proud to say....

I am a G
I am a G-A
I am a G-A-M-M-A Phi Beta girl!
And I have G-A-M-M-A Phi in my H-E-A-R-T
And I will L-O-V-E love it 'till the D-A-Y I die!

I am SO happy! They have been in my top two since day 1, and am so pleased to say I LOVE them all! My pledge class of 22 is amazing, and the actives are so sweet, fun, caring, etc., etc., etc! After all the yelling and screaming and pictures, we were whisked away to the "Hot House" (the house some members share) for a BBQ and meetings and ribbons and shirts. Looking forward to a great (and full!) year ahead!

The only thing is I really really really hope that they like me! There are a number of second, third and fourth years in my pledge class (which is great, don't get me wrong) but a lot of them knew each other already, and I kind of felt a little out of the loop. But, it's only the first day, and they all seem really committed to bringing us together. Now, if only I can get a date for the P.O.P formal in three weeks.....

P.S. Congrats to all the other amazing sororities in UBC, and the rest of the world! I know many many ladies so pleased tonight! Can't wait to get us all together after our Bids day events!

Last edited by uptown_girl; 09-30-2002 at 01:32 AM.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

****!!!
I thought/guessed/hoped it was you!!! You are gonna to be an amazing Gamma Phi.. how could you not.. aren't we from the same high school and everything!
congrats!
I'll see you at the Bar Party tomorrow night!
Krissy

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 08-23-2003 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
Yay, I'm so happy that you went Gamma Phi! I met some of the girls from one of our Canadian chapters at Convention last June (I don't know if it was UBC, but it could have been) and they were awesome women! You're going to love Gamma Phi and don't worry about not knowing your pledge class- you have time for that! I'm so happy for you!
Old 09-30-2002, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

and there you have it ... uptown_girl is one of the 22 new Gamma Phi Beta sisters ~ congratulations ****!!!

here's a quick recap for you ...

AGD - 22
ADPi - 22
GPB - 22
DG - 22
KKG - 20
APhi - 15 !!
DPhiE - 8

which makes a total of 131 women that found new 'homes' at UBC today ... CONGRATULATIONS one and all!!

NOTE: a BIG welcome to GC to Krissy (UBC~KKG) and a thanks to her & the rest of the entire Panhellenic team for doing a superb job with Recruitment 2002!!

.... and THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!!

Fraternally,

~ Jen
UBC AGD alumna

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 08-23-2003 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:03 AM

Thumbs up

Congratulations on being invited to join the sisterhood of Gamma Phi Beta! I am so glad that it turned out for you. YAY!

Time to start shopping at The Gamma Phi Beta Store!

Now I'm just waiting for GPhiBLtColonel to catch up on the news...cuz I know she's going to be thrilled....LOL

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 09-30-2002 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Uptown Girl ****!!! to our wonderful GAMMA PHI BETA sisterhood!!!!I am absolutely THRILLED to have you as a sister!!!!!!! And it is fantastic to know that y'all made quota!!!

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 08-23-2003 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Talking

i think i will be hard pressed to beat that last congrats, GPhiBLtColonel!

Congrats to Gamma Phi and you, ****!!

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 08-23-2003 at 03:04 PM.