GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,269
0 members and 1,269 guests
No Members online

Old 09-05-2002, 06:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDHoney
Good luck ToBe...I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-05-2002, 06:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up amen to that

have fun and keep a smile on your face...
things have a way of working themselves out.
lol
Old 09-05-2002, 07:26 AM

Good luck TBSG! I know I sound like a broken record on these threads, but I really can't wait to hear about your night! Have a great time

Christin
Old 09-05-2002, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you how much easier it is to rush the second time around! I never once felt nervous but at ease the entire time!

AGD: The girls were wearing black pants and then a single color t-shirt with hawiian leis and then leid each PNM. The first 3 girls I talked to I loved! They were so easy to talk to and so kind. The 4th girl wouldn't talk with me! She didn't ask me, "so, do you have any questions," she just kept looking at me blankly and so I tried to think of new things to ask. We then went and sat a table with 4-5 other actives and 4 other PNMs. At this point I hardly talked. It's really hard to have your voice heard with SO many people.

DZ: Can I say this, I think I'm a born DZ. They wore black pants and then button down white short sleeve shirts, with a colored scarf around their necks. They were SOOO easy to talk with and with the girls I got along SO well! A girl that rushed me hard last year came up to me and said we were talking and I thought that was you! I talked with her and it was SOOO nice to see her again! When I left I felt SOOO at home.

SK: I think I'm a born Sig Kap too! They sing the CUTEST songs and are just so down to earth. I talked with 5 girls and I got along with ALL of them. We hardly talked about the sorority but about everything. Teachers, dances, classes, little kids (awww) and I know SOOOOO many of them! Lots of girls waved at me and mouthed hi and made me feel so special!! I was walking out the door when a girl from my chem class who is recruitment director waved bye to me and smiled the second I walked out and it made me feel sooo good! Their theme was "let some color into your life" so they all had on different outfits!

Ooooo I luv this!!!
Old 09-05-2002, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I am SO glad you had a fantastic day at recruitment!! I am especially glad you enjoyed Sigma Kappa! It's sounds like you are definitely off to a great start ~ good luck for the rest of the week!
Old 09-05-2002, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like you're having a great time! I'm glad you're feeling at home in places and getting such a warm reception! Get some rest, keep smiling, and keep us updated!
Old 09-06-2002, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

So happy to hear that you're enjoying Rush so far! I can't wait to hear your next update!
Old 09-06-2002, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Awww!

This couldn't be any better I swear!

I had two parties tonight and they both went excellent!

SSS: I walked in and saw a girl that used to live down the hall and she smiled and walked me in and for 40 mins I was with her and it was nice to get reaccquainted, but since I didn't really know her it was hard to keep the conversation going. They wore these weird dresses that are like sailorish and wore little hats and sang cute little chants! It seems like all they care about is partying though, and well that's not very good!

ASA: I walked in and saw a girl that lived down the hall who I was great friends with and I got her!! She was soooo happy to see me and introduced me to everyone and when she was singing and they were all getting ready to do kicks she said, "Lisa kick right!" and it felt soooo nice! It was sooooo great to see her! Ohhhh I just love them! They wore white tights, red skirts, white button down shirts and are just the cutest and most down to earth girls. They have the highest GPAs and take academics seriously among other things

940 am I get invites!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2002, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
How exciting! I can't wait to read more. Good luck!
Old 09-06-2002, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! Sounds like your keeping your eyes open for the right things! Can't wait to hear about your invites...
Old 09-07-2002, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Re: Awww!

Quote:
Originally posted by ToBeSororityGrl
They wore white tights, red skirts, white button down shirts and are just the cutest and most down to earth girls.
Wow, this is different from my school. If we did something like that, we would be laughed off campus.
Old 09-07-2002, 02:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shark_in_Skirt Send a message via Yahoo to Shark_in_Skirt
Erm...

Quote:
Said by ToBeSororityGirl: this year, all the girls are more homlyish. Not many wore makeup at all, which really surprised me.
Pardon me, I don't mean to be rude in any aspect whatsoever... but don't you find that a little mean to say of girls who could very well become your fellow sisters?

These girls *may* very well have personalities that can truly outshine their external appearances no matter how "homely" you feel they may be, or however little makeup they choose to wear.

XOXO,
Annie.

Editted to clarify a teensy bit.

Last edited by Shark_in_Skirt; 09-07-2002 at 02:58 AM.
Old 09-07-2002, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I just wanted say that this is my school that she is talking about and the girls that are going through recruitment are not homely! The are some really lovely girls, both in apperance and in their personalities.

Also, about the ASAs wearing the red skirt. It actually looks really cute and they have used the outfit every first Monday of the month since I've been here and everyone is used to it. Needless to say at this campus no one wears red skirts because they don't want to be confused with an Alpha.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify. Rush is going well, I know my chapter is having a ton of fun this year!

Annie
Old 09-07-2002, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

To clarify the homely thing. Last year at Panhellenic welcome girls were sooo dressed up and looked as if they were going to parties that night and this year the girls were all laid back more which surprised me. There was a stark contrast between last year and this year. As for the parties, yes most girls were wearing makeup and looked fantastic. Maybe they knew that at the Welcome they didn't have to look their best but just come in comfy to hear about rush. I have nothing against the other PNM's. They are nice, cute girls and very excited about the next few days
Old 09-07-2002, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally posted by anniesigkap

Also, about the ASAs wearing the red skirt. It actually looks really cute and they have used the outfit every first Monday of the month since I've been here and everyone is used to it. Needless to say at this campus no one wears red skirts because they don't want to be confused with an Alpha.

Annie
Oh, I did not in any way mean that there was anything wrong with it, I'm sure it is very cute. It's just interesting to read about the different things on different campuses. For example, I hear of DG's wearing sailor outfits, that would never fly in Illinois.