GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,420
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, abryanswftz6979
» Online Users: 2,703
2 members and 2,701 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 06-20-2003, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Harry Potter

Well, for those who care Harry Potter comes out at midnight, and that just over 1 1/2 hours! I think I will go to a party!

Who else is excite about book #5, the Order of the Phoenix
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-21-2003, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
I'm so excited...I can't wait to read it while in the hospital! There's another thread (Official Goblet of Fire) dealing with our excitement!
Old 06-21-2003, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Harry Potter Law Suit

http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=13176872
Old 06-21-2003, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard Send a message via Skype™ to SigmaChiCard
i got it last night!

Visit: BackSeat SandBar & MySpace
Old 06-21-2003, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

my brother-in-law had it shipped to his and my sister's apartment this morning, so the fedex man woke her up this morning with her new copy =) i thought it was sooo sweet! my boyfriend bought it for me, too, and brought it over a little while ago. man, the girls in my family date good harry potter boys!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
I am bumping this thread because I don't know where I should put it because there are so many Harry Potter threads (not that I am complaining because Harry Potter is awsome!).

Anyway, in my boredom I was checking out imdb.com and it said that Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix has been announced, but I thought they hadn't decided anything on the 5th movie yet because they were still discussing the actor issue?
Old 06-09-2004, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

My DH said he heard the other day that Daniel Radcliff has confirmed to star in the movies through OotP...I'll see if I can get him to tell me where he heard that.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Sort of Harry Potter related

I've been thumbing through some Harry Potter fanfic, and I keep seeing the term AU. I can't find a definition for this, and I'm lost. Can someone tell me what it means?

and if someone could point me in the direction of some well written fic that tells the already written HP books from Hermione's point of view, I'll love you forever.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
Quote:
Originally posted by dzandiloo
My DH said he heard the other day that Daniel Radcliff has confirmed to star in the movies through OotP...I'll see if I can get him to tell me where he heard that.
Interesting... I was reading the imdb.com forums and people are saying the 3 actors don't have a set contract and may not be in the 5th movie. Of course, no one has a source so I am skeptical on believing it.

They are, however, trying to set actors to the upcoming characters we haven't seen yet (i.e. Tonks, young James, Lupin, Sirius, and Snape, Umbridge, etc.) I wish I knew more about English actors because I have no idea who some of these people are.

I hope the trio stay involved. Even if it means they are 20 year olds playing 15 year olds. (It IS possible!)
Old 06-09-2004, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Quote:
Originally posted by chideltjen
Interesting... I was reading the imdb.com forums and people are saying the 3 actors don't have a set contract and may not be in the 5th movie. Of course, no one has a source so I am skeptical on believing it.

They are, however, trying to set actors to the upcoming characters we haven't seen yet (i.e. Tonks, young James, Lupin, Sirius, and Snape, Umbridge, etc.) I wish I knew more about English actors because I have no idea who some of these people are.

I hope the trio stay involved. Even if it means they are 20 year olds playing 15 year olds. (It IS possible!)
Hell yeah it is possible!! They way I see it is, if you're not going to keep the original cast members then don't bother making the rest of the films.
Also, I enjoy watching thme grow up on screen because Harry and the gang are growing up in the books too.

My mother was reading review of PoA and the the writer said that Harry Potter movies were a showcase of british theatrical actors, LOL
Old 06-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Ginger

Re: Sort of Harry Potter related

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaRose
I've been thumbing through some Harry Potter fanfic, and I keep seeing the term AU. I can't find a definition for this, and I'm lost. Can someone tell me what it means?
Beta, you've got me stumped. Is it within the context of the story itself? The only thing I can think of would be "Author Unknown", but that would only make sense at the end. If it's in the stories itself, can you give us a sentence for context?
Old 06-09-2004, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
You would think the actors would say:

Thank you for getting me exposure I may never have had and securing me fame and fortune.

Thank you for making me a millionaire.

Thank you for making it so i never have to work again.

And, I would be happy and honored to be in the next few movies for a few more million.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Ginger

I read something in Entertainment Weekly that Emma Watson is the one who has the most reservations, because she wants to go back to a more normal life (I think that was the reason)
Old 06-09-2004, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ginger
I read something in Entertainment Weekly that Emma Watson is the one who has the most reservations, because she wants to go back to a more normal life (I think that was the reason)
I think that's the mostly likely reason that the kids are holding out. They were so young when they started these films that they haven't had much of a "normal" childhood and they haven't had a normal start to their adolesence.
I'm sure they are greatful for their experience but they may feel like they have missed out on many of the things their friends got to do while they were busy filming.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
I think its safe to say she has given up anonymity, at least until puberty is over and she starts looking differently.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ginger