GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,165
1 members and 1,164 guests
No Members online

Old 07-16-2004, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
Super Cool Feelings! The :D Thread

Okay, so I was just going to tell you about a really cool thing that happened today, but I thought I'd broaden and invite EVERYONE to post something that makes/made them smile!

So, today I walked into the PX in Giessen, Germany. I was going for a shopping cart, and this women grabs my arm and says "Where were you a DG?" I looked at her funny, and then looked down remembering I was wearing a 1999 pledge shirt. I told her 'The University of Houston'. She grinned and said, "I pledged at Baylor! (in 1978)" She was so excited, and we just started gushing about how cool it was to run into a sister so far away from home. We exchanged information, and I hope to have dinner with her soon! She hasn't received an Anchora for years, and has been totally out of the loop with DG, she said. I was so excited, I almost couldn't speak! That makes FOUR DGs I've met in Germany! I'm kind of excited about her, I kind of feel like I'm bringing her back into the fold!

Just wanted to share with everyone...a lost sister has been found! YIPPEEE!!!!!

aj
Old 07-16-2004, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

YAY! That is so exciting.

So I was at work yesterday and this girl that just graduated came in to get a copy of her transcript sent. So she handed me the address and I looked at it and it said Clemson Panhellenic Recruitment. So I was like, OH you're going to go through recruitment! She's like yea....I thought I'd try it out. I mentioned that I was a DG at Akron and she was like OH...my mom was a DG at OU! But they don't have a DG chapter at Clemson.

Darn it! She seemed like a fabulous woman! Plus a legacy!
Old 07-16-2004, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

My best friend's company shares an office with another company. She just met a girl on Wednesday from the other company that's about our age and was a DG in Virginia. She's coming to happy hour with us tonight, so I'm looking forward to meeting her.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Super Cool Feelings! The :D Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by ajuhdg
So, today I walked into the PX in Giessen, Germany.
how funny...omg...i went to Giessen High School. I grew up in Giessen area!!!! Are you familiar with Langgoens...its a town outside of Giessen near Butzbach???!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2004, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
I think I've seen that name on an exit sign...LOL! I familiar with Butzbach...I live in Bad Nauheim!

aj