GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,194
2 members and 2,192 guests
Kevin, Titchou

Old 08-18-2002, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
Thanks to Kappa Delta, for producing a great sister (Francesca, of U of Delaware) who made me realize what sisterhood can TRULY be about... and that you'll end up where you belong, no matter what.

To Kappa Alpha Theta, for giving my best friend from high school such an amazing home-away-from home. She needed you all her life and never knew it until Emory.

To Alpha Kappa Lambda, for making my dad into the awesome guy he is now -- and maybe my brother too. I hope there's one in my future. :-)

And for Phi Delta Theta, for giving Kevin a home.... Kevin who has no idea how much I love him. ;-)

GREEK LOVE!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-18-2002, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
Sigma Sigma Sigma deserves congratulations too -- their sisterhood is amazingly strong. My roommate is an inspiration to me in ways she doesn't even know.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

I want to thank all the fraternities/sororities that produced such outstanding alum such as Tom Earp, DeltAlum, Carnation,KilarneyRose, Justamom etc. They make me proud to be Greek and I always look forward to their posts!!!!
And thank you to all of you who gave props to ASA!!! I hope we continue to be on your good list!!
Old 08-19-2002, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bubblevicious
Thumbs up

My fresh year my roomie and I went thru rush. I am now a Fuzzie and she is an AXO... I will always love that girl to pieces! We both went "pot-luck" for the whole roommate thing, and I was so lucky to have her as a roomie first year. She was the best! I couldn't have had a better roomie. I wish the best of luck to her and girls that were on my floor fresh year. All of us girls on our floor became really close and none of us even rushed into the same houses. We had DZ, DG, APhi, Phisters, Fuzzies, PiPhi, tri-Delt, Gamma Phi, AXO, Chi-O, and Phi-Mu all on our floor alone! And after going thru rush and visiting all houses on campus, I can witness that these are all strong chapters with outstanding women! All of the chapters on our campus are amazing but I specifically wanted to holla to the few mentioned above! You go girls! A few more: thank you Chi Phi and Pi Kapps for helping us out with B4KS! We raised hella hella dollas for those kids. And hollas to the boyz in DChi - my baby is a Dchi and I've always received so much respect whenever I'd be at the house visiting him Greek luv to all Org.'s out there! (Locally, Nationally, whatev u be) keep up the goods! & last but not least : Xi luv to all my sistas be cool!
Old 08-19-2002, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bubblevicious
Cool P.S.....

I wanted to wish the best to Tri-Sigma this coming year! I believe they are starting a chapter on our campus and this will be their first year in a house! If what I heard is true... so Yay for them! No sweat, You girlies will have a strong rush! If I'm totally wrong about what I heard here, then sorry for making an azz of my self and the best to the other Tri-Sig chapters!
Old 09-10-2002, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
bump!

nudge, nudge
Old 09-10-2002, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, after being exposed to Chit Chat I have some shout outs. I think that the ladies of D Phi E on GC are so respectful when they post. I don't think I have ever read a post that was out of line or harsh in any way. I had never heard of this org til I came to Greekchat, but thanks to you ladies, I now have a very positive stereotype!

Also, The ladies of Alpha Phi. When I went up to NY for a while this summer, I had never heard of you all either. I stayed with my friends who were working at a summer camp up there. I met some of their co-counselors and the ONLY counselor I met that I actually got along with was a member of your organization. She was SO cool, and represented your org so well, just like y'all do here on GC.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
My shout-outs are long and even longer overdue.

To the Greek Family who've supported my Greek ventures:

Mom and Aunt Beth of the SFE Women's Literary Society at Illinois College: You became sisters-in-law, but were always sisters in heart.

Daddy and Uncle Dan of the GN Men's Literary Society at Illinois College: Brothers by birth and by oath. Your reunion experiences made me grow up seeing the fun that fraternity can provide years and years after college is over.

Uncle Mike of DTD: When driving past the Delt house on my campus, "Oh, I can't go in there, I'd have to remember the secret handshake!" A goofball, but a loyal one at that.

Annie of my own KKG: You adopted me as your daughter when you learned I was your sister.

To my Playmates:

Of ACW: Mandi, I can't believe we used to hate each other. What a beautiful friendship has blossomed out of our adolescent animosity. Kate, my first Sorella and my sweetest amica. I never would have survived the term without your love and support.

Of BQP: Jason, the best swing dancer and most amazing date I've ever taken to a formal, hands down. You're a wonderful guy. Who were you kidding? Madison is not "on the way" from LaCrosse to Appleton; you were just too sweet to miss my birthday. I can't wait to see you when I get back up to school.

Of DG: Jenny, the best president that Alpha Zeta Chapter has seen in a very long time, a dedicated, intelligent woman, and a loyal friend. You were incredibly supportive throughout our chapter's time of crisis. I am very happy for your marriage, and I love you and miss you incredibly. You take good care of our boy, now... and of course, take care of yourself. Jamie, the best teacher I've ever met. You're passionate about every subject you teach. You're honest, sincere, sweet, and fun. I'll miss you very much. Emily, my roommate. Even though we wanted to kill each other by the end of the year, I can never fully express how much it meant to me that you came and helped us make nametags for Recruitment. We shared so much, and your support through all of Recruitment last year was the only thing that kept me sane.

Of DDD: Hera, the sweetest and most beautiful woman I've ever met. I'll never forget our Spumante evening and intense discussion about the beauty of music and the strength of sisterhood. We started the term out right, Sorella!

Of ZTA: My Little's Older Sister, I've never met you and I don't even know your name, but your being Greek caused a fabulous woman to go through Recruitment. Furthermore, your encouragement led her to take a chance on a smaller group and help to build it up and turn it around. You even bought her badge for her, and it was with pride that I pinned it on her heart for the first time. I'm sure you're just as proud.

Of KAQ: Carolina, another Sorella with whom I had much fun running blindly through the streets of Venice. Thank you for dragging me out of bed when the top bunk collapsed above me and for catching me before I fainted into my spaghetti at dinner.

Of KHK: Erin, the first of us to lead the charge towards Greekdom. The yin to my yang, the jelly to my peanut butter, one of my best friends you are, and I don't know what I'd do without you.

Of PBF: Tahlia (not Talia!), the fifth Sorella, an intelligent woman and incredibly talented artist, the least likely to be a "sorority girl" but the paragon of sorority women. We didn't agree on much, but we could always disagree with class.

Of SAI: Anna, you made the first term of Choral Tech a little less hellish. It was so much fun commiserating with you. You're a great horn player and you're going to be a fabulous teacher.

Of SFE: Ross, a sweetie you are. You were the only thing that kept me from killing my professor, my students, and holding half the Con hostage during my practicum teaching. Best of luck to you in life and love.

Of FDQ: Cam, if the mothership ever returns and beams you back up to whereever it is you came from, none of us will be surprised. I say this with all sincere respect and admiration from the very bottom of my heart. You're an amazing guy, and one of the most intelligent people I've ever met.

Of FMA: Trent, you doll. Giver of good, hard backrubs and listener to the gripes of women everywhere. Someday you're going to make some woman very, very happy.

And last but not least...

Of FKT: Mu Chapter, home of the longest-running fraternity theme party in the nation, the ever-famous LeBrawl. Each of you is a gentleman in the fullest sense of the word. Any chapter that makes it a policy always to walk its ladies home gets a gold star in my book. A special shout out to my fencing teammates Shaye and Chang, who helped me stay alive and focused both on and off the strip; to my companions Brendan and Zippy, life will always be a musical when you're around; to Fritz, who taught me how to skate and held me up through some of the toughest times of my life; to Nathan, who is kind, generous, loyal, and always comes through in the end; to Tim, who's always there to give a laugh, a smile, a hug, and sage advice; to my music-mates Jerry, James, Chuck, and Jer, who make life fun both in and out of the Con; and to my very bestest friend and big brother (even though he's younger than I), Swanny. I love all you guys.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Eupolis
Aww, gosh! What can ya say to that? We love you too, KappaKittyCat!

For my own part, I want to shout out to the Zeta Epsilon Chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma, which has given me dear friends from across six years -- some, like KappaKittyCat, who didn't even arrive at Lawrence until after I'd graduated, yet whom I've come to count among my close friends.

A shout out also to my cousin Katie's Alpha Gamma Deltas at Iowa State. You sound like a wonderful group, and I was very excited to hear that my cousin found her place with you.

I owe greetings to so many more -- KappaKittyCat's post reminds me of some -- that I don't know where to begin. I'll have to think about it.

--
Mu Chapter of Phi Kappa Tau, init. '96,
Lawrence University '99
Old 09-10-2002, 07:21 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Re: A Call to Action: ALL NPHC, NIC, NPC ( am I missing anyone)

Quote:
Originally posted by Finer Woman10-A-91
We have been in a eye opening discussion in the past couple of days about UNITY. And I think its fair to say we have come to an understanding across the greek world...specifically in the BGLO community.

Since this issue is bigger than hip hop...oops, i digress...( I need a new stereo) I am making a call to action for our entire Greek life community to make a concerted effort to NOT bash or subtley dig on these boards anymore And if you do dig, expect a PM to swiftly come to your inbox.

Moving forward, I want everyone here to say at least 1 nice thing about a sister greek or brother greek who is NOT a member of your organization...and they can not be a family member or close relative.

If you do not have "other" Greek friends who are not relatives, post something positive about another organization that you really like.

I will go first. I want to shout out my Sister NPHC members.

SGRho: I love your Eye Glasses for the needy project. I thank God for the blessing of good vision.

DST: You really did a great job taking the Delta Academy to the next level. There is one across the street from my previous resident. Mentoring is a good thing!

AKA: Your Fashionetta project is lovely...cotillions are a wonderful way to boost esteem in our young girls.

I appreciate all of the Greek communities efforts in providing opportunities to serve our community at large. Here's to you!
(((((((((((NPHC, NIC, NPC and all of the others I may have missed unintentionally))))))))))))

*That was a cyber hug for all of you cyber newbies
This Is my Shout-Outs to all the greek organizations at Cleveland State University:

ALPHA PHI ALPHA
ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA
ALPHA EPSILON PHI
DELTA SIGMA THETA
KAPPA ALPHA PSI
GAMMA PHI DELTA
IOTA PHI THETA
OMEGA PSI PHI
PHI BETA SIGMA
SIGMA GAMMA RHO
TAU KAPPA EPSILON
THETA PHI ALPHA
ZETA PHI BETA

Your continuous hard work and dedication in uplifting the community has been nothing short of outstanding. Hopefully, people will realize that greeks do more that just party. We do take our principles seriously as a organization. My love and respect goes out to you all.

I also wanted to acknowledge two other outstanding student organizations which I hold both membership in as well:

BLACK STUDENT UNION
NAACP

And to the greek chat family: I have really enjoy being a part of this great web site. Let's keep it going.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!

Last edited by sigtau305; 09-10-2002 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:32 PM

I just want to give some love to the Alpha Delta Pi sisters here on GC. I've never met any ADPi's in real life but if they are half as wonderful as the ones on here I'd like to! You all are so sweet and nice in your posts, it's given me nothing but a wonderful impression of your organization.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Talking awww....

This has really turned into a wonderful feel good post.
Keep 'em coming!
Old 09-13-2002, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

This is a great thread, greek unity is so important to me

My shouts:

A Phi A-- Theta Alpha chapter----thanks for keeping my son EVERY nite during my pledge period, picking him up from daycare(while you guys where volunteering there) and being honorable, and fun to be with African-American brothas.

A K A-thanks for being pioneers for African-American women orgs, we really thank you, keep that bond strong. Kim of Theta eta I really love you like my blood sister, kiss my godson.

ZPHIB- Woo, thanks for welcoming us into your love, Ladies of ZPHIB, your sisters at Gamma Eta are all that! My sis' chap! My girl at HSU, I love ya'll a true sisterhood

Bruhs-ya'll come when I've needed you guys EVERY time, I finally got some big brothers!
Old 09-30-2002, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

bump!

Again!
Old 09-30-2002, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MSSTCY1
A friend of mine from Phi Sigma Sigma talked to me into pledging one summer and gave me props for choosing a different sorority, b/c I felt like I fit in there better. Friendships can go beyond letters.