GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,732
0 members and 1,732 guests
No Members online

Old 04-18-2003, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to radioZTA Send a message via Yahoo to radioZTA
My alumnae chapter would love to recommend a special initiate. If someone wanted to contact us about becoming a Zeta, we would be thrilled.

My pledge sister and I talked with a college friend about it, but she thought we were kidding. She didn't have the time or money to join in college but has always supported us and Zeta. She is even more supportive today because her mom is a breast cancer survivor. She has watched us raise funds for research and work with Komen for years. We're going to keep asking until she realizes we're serious and then give us an answer one way or another.

BTW...I am a very active alumna but was completely unaware of the Zeta policy that was posted here. That has not been my impression of our policy so the policy and actual practice may not necessarily be the same thing, like many things in life.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by radioZTA
My alumnae chapter would love to recommend a special initiate. If someone wanted to contact us about becoming a Zeta, we would be thrilled.

My pledge sister and I talked with a college friend about it, but she thought we were kidding. She didn't have the time or money to join in college but has always supported us and Zeta. She is even more supportive today because her mom is a breast cancer survivor. She has watched us raise funds for research and work with Komen for years. We're going to keep asking until she realizes we're serious and then give us an answer one way or another.

radioZTA, I am so glad that you posted and it's wonderful to hear you say that. I think a lot of nonGreek women would love the opportunity to initiate with a sorority that they've always held in high esteem, but perhaps are hesitant, or fear embarrassment or maybe they think that if you didn't initate in college, you can't initiate at all.

One thing that I wanted to mention is that one of our fellow Greek Chatters, GPhiBLtColonel had this to say about finding potential alumnae initiates :
The way our local Gamma Phi alumnae chapter works it here is we mentally consider our own personal circle of friends and then if we know someone who might be interested we tell them we'd like them to consider becoming a Gamma Phi alum initiate...and we take the process from there...
I think it is a great program!

I am sure that your friend would love to become a Zeta and I hope that she does! Please post back and let us know what happens with her. Thanks! If she is still not sure or if she's hesitant...just tell her to come to this board.....those of us who are Alumnae Initates will do a solid job on telling her that she should GO FOR IT with Zeta!

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 04-18-2003 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

re:ZTA

Just an FYI,

There have been quite a few alumni initiates throught the Gamma Alpha chapter!
Old 04-18-2003, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Hey Inca girlie,, keep us updated, and Best For you from GC Members!!!!

amn, good luck! U need to a full fledge!!!!!

Hang ten, curl toes and ride the wave!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-25-2013, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey, I'm being initiated as an alum next month. I didn't attend a Greek school and missed out on this while in college. My sponsor is great and really helping me with this process. We are already really close and she wants to have big/little week even though she is really my sponsor, not technically my big. My question is do I have any responsibilities as a "little" during this week? She wants to give me as much of the sorority experience as possible since I didn't even have the option in college.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyloo View Post
Hey, I'm being initiated as an alum next month. I didn't attend a Greek school and missed out on this while in college. My sponsor is great and really helping me with this process. We are already really close and she wants to have big/little week even though she is really my sponsor, not technically my big. My question is do I have any responsibilities as a "little" during this week? She wants to give me as much of the sorority experience as possible since I didn't even have the option in college.
You may want to buy her a small gift in return to thank her for helping you through the process.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!