GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,187
1 members and 1,186 guests
No Members online

Old 09-11-2014, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I would love to be able to wear my badge more often, but I don't have the occasion at the moment. Of course, it still has to be fixed for the 2nd time, in a year thanks to HJ's shoddy work.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm only a couple of years out from having graduated, but I wear my hoodies and sweatshirts pretty regularly when it's cool out. Last year I even bought a sweatshirt to support an AOП chapter I am not at all connected to because I thought it was cute. I'm considering buying a spirit jersey. A few weeks ago I started checking the AOП Emporium again and realized I had missed my size in some super cute designs I would have wanted. Lol.

I don't usually wear t-shirts in general. Unless I'm at the gym or lounging around at home. At the gym, it's highly likely that I'll be wearing an AOП t-shirt just because I have so many of them and they're cute. At home I usually wear one of the many t-shirts my brother seems to get me. He's so sweet and usually gets me t-shirts when he travels, but he doesn't understand that I don't like t-shirts and what is/isn't my style. We're sharing an apartment, so I guess it's akin to wearing that not-your-style piece of clothing your dear Aunt Mabel gave you when she comes over. Lol

I used to wear my badges to Panhellenic meetings when I was on the Alumnae Panhellenic last year. Now that I'm not, I don't wear my badges all that often, but I've thought about potentially getting one of them made into a ring so that I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIILisa View Post
I am actually looking forward to wearing my spirit jersey on my trip, especially since I'll be going down South - and if people don't see that, I'll also be bringing my glow in the dark Lilly Pulitzer fluorescent pepto panda AOII tote, which I am pretty sure can be seen from outer space, it's so bright.
OMG I really need to get one of those! I disliked the pepto panda pattern for quite a while, but it has grown on me...

I hope you meet some fellow AOП alumnae while traveling. It has happened to me a couple of times while wearing sweatshirts/hoodies, and it was always a wonderful and fun surprise.
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee
Old 09-15-2014, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I willed down most of my hoodies or gave them away when I moved to warmer climate, totally regretting that now that I'm back where it gets cold. I use to get them made locally when I was still in school but would love a nice hoodie to wear when volunteering with the chapter here. Does anyone have a trustworthy online source? I've looked on the Carnation Collection website but would love something I could personalize.

Also, I love my Spirit jersey. It ends up getting wear whenever I travel, perfect for those chilly planes. I also have a quatrefoil necklace I wear a lot but it doesn't have letters.

I'm considering rescuing a badge or two because I'd love to build a collection but want to know I would wear them so kind of in limbo right now but I have my heart set on owning a blinged out badge someday.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

JennaBenna & Co. was recommended to me by a sister, but I haven't ordered from them yet.

As far as badges go, I only rescued one and I love it. But as I said I don't wear it regularly anymore now that I don't really have an occasion to, and I don't have the disposable income at this point to rescue badges on a regular basis. I think there will always be badges that need rescuing, unfortunately. I just hope sisters or brothers get them instead of the collectors.
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee
Old 12-18-2014, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

I have been out of school for almost 10 years, and now regret that I gave away almost everything at pass-down right before becoming an alumna. I didn't do much of anything with my sorority in the immediate years following graduation, but as time went on I started to feel that tug to find an alumni chapter and get involved.

So I have become more of an active alumna in the past 2-3 years or so... and have re-purchased some letter items. I had a beautiful block letter shirt made, and I wear it to philanthropy events with the other alums. I wish NPC alums were more open about wearing letters in public! Also upgraded my badge to the one I have always wanted. I may get another lavaliere- sometimes I really do miss mine!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phigirl04 View Post
I willed down most of my hoodies or gave them away when I moved to warmer climate, totally regretting that now that I'm back where it gets cold. I use to get them made locally when I was still in school but would love a nice hoodie to wear when volunteering with the chapter here. Does anyone have a trustworthy online source? I've looked on the Carnation Collection website but would love something I could personalize.
Phigirl04, I used greekcreations.com when I ordered my block letter jersey (Carnation Collection has some cute things, but I wanted to personalize mine too) and was very happy with the way it turned out. I am almost positive they had jackets and hoodies too.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I would, I just don't have nowhere near as much nalia as I used to have. I need to go to the NUPE MALL to see what's available.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

As a proud Alum, wear my letters when I can! Amazing how many others I run into and across!!!

You can find some new friends ans Alums!

I am all for that!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-06-2015, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I only wear letters around my apartment complex. I do have an umbrella with letters and crest and people take notice.. a former church member of mine remarked that her grandmother was an AKA. Once I went to the library carrying a pink and green laptop case and a young lady asked if I was an AKA and I replied yes and she said her aunt was a member. I do tend to see older members in jogging attire with letters about town. Once I saw an older Delta in her paraphernalia and we talked; it's a great way to meet other graduate members. I wear a gold chain with the Alpha letter that came from Jude France's pink bamboo greek letter collection occasionally. I have worn letters to church in appreciation of collegiate day.

Last edited by Lady of Pearl; 01-06-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I wear letters pretty much on a daily basis. I am always promoting my sorority and I love to use my letters as a talking point. I have letters on my car, on my key chain, on clothing that I wear, on water bottles and notebooks that I use at work. I always have letters somewhere near me. There is no shame in wearing letters and it shouldn't matter how old you are. I know that I am still young (25) but I would LOVE to come across an elderly woman who is rocking it in a letter shirt (or something of the like) so I could engage in a conversation and even make a new friend!
Old 03-08-2015, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseabriana21 View Post
I would LOVE to come across an elderly woman who is rocking it in a letter shirt (or something of the like) so I could engage in a conversation and even make a new friend!
I must admit that it makes my hear smile to see one of my seasoned alumnae chapter sisters wearing a set of letters.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I bought two items from Jenna Benna for my cousin's daughter for her ADPi initiation and something for myself. I was really pleased with how the items turned out. I would definitely order from them again.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I wear my letters at the age 64. We come in all sizes and different skin and hair colors. One of those colors is gray. I am a life member and proud of it.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I have two sweatshirts I still wear on a semi-regular basis. Most of my t-shirts from college are too big, though. I have them all put together to make a quilt, but that project keeps getting pushed aside.

Recently, my dad started wearing the two sweatshirts he has all the time. One is black with red & white ASA letters, and underneath it has white stitching that says "Phi Kappa Tau Dad". The other is green with paisley ASA letters and says "Dad" underneath. I don't know if he ever had any Phi Kappa Tau letters, but at almost 70 he's wearing the heck out of mine.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Try to wear my LXA polo shirts all of the time when warm enough and sweat shirts in the winter. Amazing how I find other Greeks that way, what group and schools! kind of neat!!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni