GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,331
1 members and 1,330 guests
acg233

Old 07-18-2000, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Who Pays?

Last edited by localsororities; 09-14-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-18-2000, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
I think my chapter's practices may have changed since I've become an alumna member...however while I was active, we paid for everyone.

It is hard figuring out how many rushees to budget for. To get around this dilemma (especially as a small, new GLO), we planned rush events where we could count on group rates, events that are open to the public, and group events which would require the about same (low) cost whether 1 or 100 people are there (ie. a movie night).

My memory is a bit poor on more specific details, but I'm sure Artimis could fill you in, she was our first V.P.- Rush.

------------------
equeen
A Lioness has her Pride!
@>--;--
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
Old 07-18-2000, 08:00 PM
Artimis

I guess I can take a hint.

For rush events and keeping costs reasonable, I do have a few sugguestions.

With our informal rush events within reason, we do pick up most rushee's expensises. Depending on the event and buget depends on what is picked up by the chapter for the actives. (Most alumnae are on thier own) I think an example of when the chapter didn't pick up the tab for actives was when they went to sonic/braums for ice cream. I think as long as sisters know ahead of time what to expect, they shouldn't have to many problems. And if they complain that there food/game shoudl be covered, raising dues is always such a nice quieter.

* Know before hand how much your buget will allow. And plan accordingly. Rush is one thing that can drain funds.

* For events such as dinners out and events like bowling, ask for group rates and schedule them during rush so that the women attending the events as rushees are there for the sorority not the activity.

* Make sure actives know rushee's come first. If an event is bugeted for 10 guests and 20 show, that the actives understand to take a backseat as far as cost goes.

* Control the numbers you can. If the chapter desides to cover the cost of an active during an event, make them RSVP. If they didn't rsvp, they're responsible for the cost, if they rsvp and don't show they're responsible for the cost as well.

* Activities like bowling, mini-golf create an active-guest team. Alternating balls for bowling, holes/strokes for the golf. Not only does it make for building teamwork, and a great get to know you. It does help to reduce costs.

* Look into alternative sporting events. Events like volleyball, women's basketball, soccer, wrestling, men's gymnatics (a great one ) have low ticket prices and in some cases can be free with student id.

Best of luck..

Jenn

btw: feel free to email me if you want.
Old 07-19-2000, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Don't lose hope, a few good rushees that make good, strong members, are better than 100s of rushees with half-hearted interest. Slow and steady wins the race!
Old 08-01-2000, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So far, our chapter has paid for everyone, but this makes budgeting for it difficult, since we never know if we are going to have 1 rushee or 100.
just brainstorming: It sounds as though you have open rush events, like those that might be posted on a campus board or in dorms... why not actually invite girls individually? You can find out then if they will attend, and plan for them. Also, attendance might increase, because if a rushee is invited to an event and is committed and already knows the name of someone there, she is more likely to show.