GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,334
0 members and 1,334 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2014, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

For second rounds it was the sisterhood round. Two days combined into one post. I got back three sororities:

Journey of The Little Mermaid
Space Ranger Spin
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

Again, wasn't too upset. A lot of girls in my Rho Chi were really upset. (Massie only got four, and the only she liked was her legacy Incredible's Dance Party). A lot of girls were crying and thinking of dropping. I tried to convince girls that they should go to the rounds, because I knew a lot of girls dropped last year in between first and second rounds.

It really stank not getting back Haunted Mansion and Laugh Floor since I really really liked them. I wasn't too surprised I didn't get back Tom Sawyer Island even though I was legacy, since I didn't really feel a big connection (although it would have been nice to join the same one my mom was in!). But I was really surprised Journey of The Little Mermaid asked me back but I wasn't complaining.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom - Talked to two girls here. The first was really nice but talked a little smack about other chapters before backtracking herself. I don't think she meant it cruelly but eh. Second girl was really nice and peppy and seemed to really love her sorority, which I really appreciated. She was someone I would want to be friends with. I don't remember what I talked about with the third girl.
Space Ranger Spin - I like this one but I don't really remember how the conversations went. The video they showed us was cute.
Journey of The Little Mermaid - I was really surprised I Got this one back. I talked by myself with a girl who apparently missed some meeting where they told the sisters what to do during rush so she was a little lost but the conversation went pretty well. I couldn't hear her much but she was really talkative. Their video was well-done and unique; it definitely showed the vibe of their sorority.

Similar to the last round, you were supposed to eliminate five when you had a max of eight, leaving three for preference night. I only had three so didn't have to make any decisions ranking. I hope I get three back so I have more choices and experiences for preference night but what happens happens. My Rho Chi's said that on preference night if you rank all the sororities you get, you are guaranteed a bid. So it's nice to know I will be in a sorority if I get asked back to any of them on preference night.

P.S. I realized how unfortunate I keep getting back Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom due to its color. But I am keeping it for consistency! Hahaha.