GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,055
2 members and 1,053 guests
Cookiez17, Phrozen Sands

Old 03-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Banned

"Hit and Run" PNAM PMs

While many of us are more than happy to help those of you interested in AI, please remember that a lot of us, although in different sororities, are friends here on GC.

In talking to some GC members in e-mails, we have noticed something similar happening. It seems when some PNAMs (not all!) ask us for help and find we can't provide an "instant in" to our GLO, they disappear. This, after we go to great pains to explain the process, and patiently answer all their questions.

Then... after that first PM, we have discovered they go on to the next person in a different GLO, once again hoping for an "instant in." When they find out it isn't that easy at that particular GLO, they go on to yet another person without a followup PM, nor a "thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and share your experiences"... nothing. I was amazed to find out from others that there were more than a few of us on GC who had experienced the same thing.

This is not only bad manners, but it can hurt your chances of getting any more help or advice from anyone here on GC.

If someone takes the time to write you back and help you, even a short PM saying "thank you" will be appreciated and make a good impression.

Having said that, I am still delighted to help PNAMs who are truly sincere about becoming an AI and who are willing to put forth the effort that is needed to find their home.

Good manners go a long way.

Last edited by blueangel; 03-25-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Excellent post, blueangel! May I just add that GreekChatters tend to talk and compare notes. It's not hard to "flush out" those who have already "dumped" a sorority prematurely.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:52 AM
GreekChat Member

What they said!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:06 AM
GreekChat Member

And therein lies one of the problems with helping random people on the internet join your org. The same thing happens with PNMs as PNAMs.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Just let me say "Thank you all so much!" for your help and hospitality thus far in my process. Your willingness to open up and share your experiences with me have meant a lot. I may have gotten sloppy in my replies (or lack thereof) to PMs (honestly, I haven't received THAT many, but even just one is important), but I do appreciate all of the help. So, if I have offended anyone by not replying to a PM in a timely manner, my most sincere apologies.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to twocutetx Send a message via MSN to twocutetx Send a message via Yahoo to twocutetx
Yikes!

That goes both ways

I've gotten several PMs from people, asking me questions. I take the time to answer them (as a PNAM) and I haven't gotten many responses back.

But then, I am always polite! It's that southern girl upbringing!

*grins*

I'm learning that the AI PNAM journey *is* long and challenging, but I am learning so much about different sororities. I appreciate everyone here who has taken the time to message me privately and I cannot imagine being so rude as to not respond!

~B.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought this deserved a little bump.