GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,501
0 members and 2,501 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

KarenC, I totally agree with you!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-07-2002, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Thumbs down Re: Re: Re: And the award goes to...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ex greek

Yeah axoalum, what were you thinking? Your opinion isn't right therefore it is unnecessary.
You were just agreeing with shadokat that you "hope greekchat can go back to the pleasant place it was before a lot of this crap started." So, why do you keep instigating?!?

Leave it alone already...

Last edited by LeslieAGD; 05-07-2002 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-07-2002, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by navane

Does everyone understand what I am trying to say here?
Quote:
Originally posted by LeslieAGD

Apparently not since this arguement is still raging.

hehehe...I tried!

......Kelly

True and Constant
Old 05-07-2002, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by navane
hehehe...I tried!
Yeah, we know you did, but unfortunately some people won't back off.
Old 05-07-2002, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb Any new points?

People here are getting a bit frazzled. This conversation is going in vicious circles and getting more hurtful every time I check the thread.

I think that BOTH sides have good points.

I promised that I would give no more of my opinions on the actual subject at hand so I won't

A lot of people (on both sides) are using a very confrontational, aggressive style of approaching this.

When this style is used the person on the recieving end (or someone who percieves themselves to be there) AUTOMATICALLY goes to the defensive.

We know what it's like trying to explain our side of things to someone who's on the defensive. Kind of like banging your head on a brick wall.

------------------

THE POINT OF THIS POST:

Both sides have stated their case, there CLEARLY will be no resolution to this (at least in the manner in which it is being argued). I'd suggest that if you have something bugging you, take it up in PM with the person you disagree with (civilly)

(and maybe, PLEASE, let this thread fade away, I don't personally like the idea of locking down a thread just because there is some contraversy)

Otherwise, go bang your head on a brick wall

Respectfully,
Kevin
MT #5
University of Central Oklahoma
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 05-07-2002, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation READ before you leap!

Okay - I'll post this and wait for you to go back and RE-READ all of my prior posts (which are included in quotes with date and time and location for ease of your search) -- please take note that I have not EDITED one single one....and I'll be waiting for you to PROVE to me in writing where I used "STUPID" other than to say I would never use your org (in reference to AGD and UMGirl) as a "stupid" example. Go ahead and read them...I'll be waiting for you to post your apology for MISQUOTING me!! Check out Cash & AXWhoah's posts too -- think you'll be "stunned" to learn that although I am an AXO, I'm not either Cash or AXWhoah.

The "fact remains" that you were W-R-O-N-G in putting these quotes to my credit.

Here goes for my posts...you ready? Just checking:

*post 1 – page 3 # 8 between LeslieAGD and Shadokat (5/6/02 1:47pm)

Agreed & Amen!

(Agreed & Amen was referring to an earlier post by KSig)

*Post 2 – page 4 # 10 – between UMGirl & OTW (5/7/02 12:23am)

Calling folks out...

Alrighty - I tried to keep it nice and simple by simply quoting my agreement with KSig's earlier post...and then two of my beloved sisters - Cash & AXWhoah - put their neck out and called the spade a spade (based on their opinion, which MANY of us feel, but haven't put down in black and white font).

Now I have a problem...UMGirl - you are taking this stuff WAY too personal. That is what I was agreeing with KSig on. I could totally understand if it was AGD under fire (which is what I feel is happening to AXO right now) but not GX. Cash & AXWhoah just both stated that in their opinions, it was a stupid idea. Next thing I see is AXO this and AXO that -- I have to agree 1885% with Cash and say that AXO (nor any other established org) should not be put in the same context with GX. Yes - we all did have a start-up of humble beginnings...but we (and this goes for ALL greek orgs out there) worked damn hard to put it # 1 in our hearts.

You want to make GX work, then fine by me...but you are sitting here saying words to the contrary in every other line -- I think that for some reason this has just been put into the total "personal attack" mode when that wasn't the intention.

I wouldn't for the life of me sit here and call out AGD, or any other org and use them as a "stupid" example -- whether it was meant intentionally or just thrown out there as an example. I highly doubt that you would have used certain other orgs as your class example either. Its just not done and its just not right.

(to everyone): As for GX -- whatever floats your boat...I just don't think you should use GC as your forum. If you guys have the GX yahoo club, then take off -- hope to hear nothing but good things come of it (not saying get out of GC land...just move the plans for the new clubhouse from the middle of the established course).

(PLEASE take note of paragraph 4, line 1...hmmmm -- oh and the entire last paragraph is pretty interesting too...if you READ it)

Post 3 – page 5 # 9 – between maggieaxid & Dionysus (5/7/02 2:25pm)

And the award goes to...

Thank you, for leaving out the "my personal opinion" from these two quotes that Cash & AXWhoah made. Thank you for assuming that because these two disagree with the IDEA of Gamma Chi, that they must be therefore disagreeing with you as a person and as a member of any greek org.

And thank you for taking out of context (AGAIN) AXWhoah's statement when she said her org is the best where she immediately followed with "as we all think ours is" -- quoting is a wonderful thing when you INCLUDE all the essential elements.

If your stake in GX and your own personal self-esteem is such that two opinions could make you jump into the black hole of these conclusions, then I guess I should say thank you for thinking that much of yourself.

WOW - people have differing opinions?? I am TRULY stunned.

Oh -- and just for the sake of reference, here is your last post where you stated that my posts were calling things stupid...just for reference of course.

Quote:
Originally posted by brooklineu

As it was your quote, I assumed it was your personal opinion. I mean, it did come out of you did it not? Who else's opinion would it be? Perhaps everyone here is stupid enough to think that since you said it, it must be someone else's opinion.

The fact remains, you were calling things stupid, which was unneccesary. Simply ignoring the thread, which obviously shouldn't interest you, as you have no interest in this "stupid" idea, would have been a better choice, would it not?
Old 05-07-2002, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: And the award goes to...

ExGreek - you're right...what was I thinking? Oh crap - I said "thinking" again...didn't ask what everyone's opinions on my thoughts were before I started thinking...now I see the problem

And how cool is this...I get credit for OTHER people's opinions from their posts -- not even my own!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ex greek

Yeah axoalum, what were you thinking? Your opinion isn't right therefore it is unnecessary.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Somehow I doubt that adding another post to this thread will help anything, but I'm going to stick my neck out there anyway...

There are just some basic facts that everyone is reaffirming, and some other basic opinions that people are stating.

Facts: Gamma Chi is disorganized, confused, lacking a clear means to an end, and in need of some strong input and more leadership.

Fact: Gamma Chi is a real "thing" that does indeed exist, which is if anything proved by the existence of this thread.

Fact: Not everyone likes the same things. Not everyone agrees on what a "thing" even is.

As the founder of a brand new greek organization, I can see both sides. Nu Beta Omicron is indeed disorganized and confused. However, we are working to change it. I am continuously tempted to just give up, but the fact remains that I love NBO and I love the basis of what we were formed for. I want this to suceed, and I want to know that something I adore is thriving because I busted my ass to make it happen.

When I founded Nu Beta Omicron, it wasn't anything real at all. And yet I was personally offended when people- people I considered my friends- insulted my organization or me for being a part of it. I consider greek chat members to be my friends, and I'm assuming (for the most part) others share the same sentiments. I'm not saying that anyone is right or wrong, I think we should all just acknowledge that it can hurt people's feelings when you insult something they care about. Some people have come to this forum and flat out stated that one person's idea was stupid and a waste of time. If you started a club, or an organization, or had any idea at all, would you want someone to say that to you? It's just rude and mean. It hurts feelings. People on greekchat are here to be friendly, and you're hurting a friend by using NON CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I totally understand if you want to express that Gamma Chi isn't functioning as you had hoped, but there is absolutely no reason beyond basic cruelty to continuously insult a group of people and an idea that you do not need to be a part of. There's a reason that we are taught as young children to do unto others as we would want done unto us. I'm not religious but the golden rule is applicable nonetheless.

It's all about respect. I don't particularly have a whole lot of respect for many things in this big wide world, but I have enough respect for others and myself to not go around talking shit about them for no good reason. When you get right down to it, being outright rude and thoughtless is showing that you have no respect for yourself or for your friends, and I personally don't want to be that person. I realize that I am insulting people right now, and thus disrespecting myself, but I think it is absolutely unforgivable that people are trying to break down something that they don't need to take any part in.

Some things are extreme, and anyone can understand why people might express their distaste for them. The KKK, for example. I don't think that this organization is founded on principles that are fair or good for anyone, so I would be perfectly fine with making that known. But honestly, Gamma Chi is not out to destroy the world, and it's not aiming to hurt anyone. There is no real reason to try to thwart its existence, as far as I can tell.

So let's all try to be nice to eachother, and understand that just because you feel something is true, doesn't mean it is true. I recognize that this post may be pointless, or may be completely wrong, but I hate to see something as fun and helpfull as greekchat be divided in half over something that really isn't that much of a conflict. Don't like it, don't participate. Think there's a problem, then let someone know- in a productive manner- what could be done to make it better. Is it really worth any of this drama? I'm sure we can all see that each and every person on greekchat shares some kind of common ground with everyone else, even if it is just that we all are interested in being a part of positive greek life. There's no need for hate here- save that passion for an argument that could change something in the world that really needs to be changed. I don't mean to be so new agey, but honestly everyone, maybe holding hands and singing kumbaya ain't such a bad idea. No one is saying that Gamma Chi has garnered the respect of any long lasting greek organization. Gamma Chi ISN'T Alpha Chi Omega, or Sigma Alpha Epsilon, or Delta Gamma Pi, or Alpha Kappa Alpha, etc etc etc. But we're trying to make it something that is good for everyone involved, and this process has it's ups and downs. As usual, I totally welcome any comments or suggestions. If anyone actually read to the very end of this loooooong post, I appreciate the attention.

love, Corina
Old 05-08-2002, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
LOL, sounds pretty sexy Jen . . or what that sarcasm?

Quote:
I apologize to you AXO Alum. You are indeed correct.

I bow down at your feet to honor you. If you let me, I'll kiss your toes. Maybe lick the ground a little too. Kiss your ass. You know. What you want me to do.
Old 05-08-2002, 02:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: And the award goes to...

Quote:
Originally posted by LeslieAGD

You were just agreeing with shadokat that you "hope greekchat can go back to the pleasant place it was before a lot of this crap started." So, why do you keep instigating?!?

Leave it alone already...
Hmmm, apparantly you and I had different reads on shadokat's last line in her post.

Let's get this thread deleted or locked please.
Old 05-08-2002, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know where this post went....I see that James has quoted it, but I can't find it on here now.

Anyway, Brooklineu, all I WANTED you to do was admit to your mistake in mis-quoting me. That was all. I already said we have differing opinions and my whole point of posting that was because you said that I said those things which I clearly did not. Sounds like once again, I need to be handing out band-aids to all the hurt self-esteems out there.

Here's another momma-ism for all the kids out there who weren't taught any better: Never ruin a well-deserved apology by sticking your big "BUT" out there. (ie, I'm sorry I did that, BUT if you would have...)

Have a nice day!

I apologize to you AXO Alum. You are indeed correct.

I bow down at your feet to honor you. If you let me, I'll kiss your toes. Maybe lick the ground a little too. Kiss your ass. You know. What you want me to do.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Well said, Corina.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KABillyMac Send a message via Yahoo to KABillyMac
Enough

I let yall run with this Gamma Chi thing and I kept my mouth shut. I have not one post on any Gamma Chi subject, and if you dont believe me, go back and look through the 50 gwazillion posts and see.

Im not gonna give my opinion on Gamma Chi, but I want all of you to step back away from this thing and look at it and think. You guys are starting to turn against each other and its really really pissing me off. I have had enough. I will be damned if I'm gonna sit here and let yall go at each others throats with something so damn insignificant. You guys need to buck up, hug, say your sorry, and get on with it.

And if you guys continue to act like this, I will make my own anti gamma chi fraternity, and I will call it Chainsaws & Tanks (XT). We will come to your intiation in a sherman tank pop out with chainsaws, and mess everything up. So there.
Old 05-08-2002, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I would like to apologize to all I may have offended in my postings here, especially AXOAlum.

Old 05-08-2002, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you, Brooklineu, apology accepted.

My peace has been made -- to the GX'ers -- (in my best, although out-of-tune, sangin' voice)..."its your thing - do whatcha wanna do..."