GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,465
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, EmilOrtiz4
» Online Users: 2,479
1 members and 2,478 guests
LaneSig

Old 10-06-2011, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
OMG I'm so in love with this...

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-06-2011, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
I feel I must share a PM.

Look, I don't know if you have a problem with what I want to do, but I feel like you were being fairly rude. There is not a vast greek life on my campus. I just want to make something where girls feel safe, and like they have a family away from there family. Our sororities literally start wars with the rest of greek life, I just want to try to change that so it's not so look down upon here. "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." I live by this and I just wanted some help, not to have irritated messages sent to me.

I really need to be warned when a person is looking for the unicorns pooping rainbows section of GC. Starting a question with something like "I'm looking for advice but only the kind that validates everything about me" would be helpful.

Also, I seriously hate when anyone starts a rebuttal with look. And while I'm at it, you may have a limited proficiency in English, but if there were any sororities literally starting wars, I'd have heard about it. It may feel like war. They may even want to start a war, but no literal war has occurred.
I'm with you.

(But do you have to be so rude? ) Honestly, I didn't see any rudeness coming from you, but then again, I'm just like the sorority women at all the other campuses. Do you want to start a war? Like, a literal one?

Perhaps we could start a new category for threads - Unicorns pooping rainbows.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

DubaiSis you're right, you know all things greek about every campus in the country. You may not have a great grasp on the English language, but have you heard of a hyperbole? well that's where you slightly overexaggerate to make a point. It's ok if you don't understand that though, and by the way it's Thursday so it's not the weekend, but nice try though. Normal people don't start their weekends on Thursdays, but you do what you have to.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtender91 View Post
DubaiSis you're right, you know all things greek about every campus in the country. You may not have a great grasp on the English language, but have you heard of a hyperbole? well that's where you slightly overexaggerate to make a point. It's ok if you don't understand that though, and by the way it's Thursday so it's not the weekend, but nice try though. Normal people don't start their weekends on Thursdays, but you do what you have to.
And that's the way you get people to want to help you.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I thought a bunch of Greeks would be more than willing to help me do something like that, but I see that's just not going to happen. I see greeks aren't any different at other schools either
Well, you're basically telling us that our orgs aren't good enough for you but you want us to help you write rules for your new org. How does that make sense?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

I tried being nice, and people decided to bitch at me for wanting to do something. I asked a question and got no help with it, just people telling me why I shouldn't do it.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a group of 15 girls that want to start a sorority, but don't know where to start. Just thought I could get a little help
Old 10-06-2011, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I thought a bunch of Greeks would be more than willing to help me do something like that, but I see that's just not going to happen. I see greeks aren't any different at other schools either
Here's the problem with what you're saying. You're coming here thinking that because you have a problem with the organizations of which we are proud members we're going to want to help you start something new?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I was actually waiting for this one. Some people may have guessed based on my user name that I live in the Middle East (where we KNOW what war is). Our weekend is Friday and Saturday, so Thursday evening is the beginning of our weekend.

Literally is a word that automatically makes something NOT hyperbole. That's literally what it means - this is exactly and only the truth.
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Well, you're basically telling us that our orgs aren't good enough for you but you want us to help you write rules for your new org. How does that make sense?
AlphaFrog, you beat me to the punch!
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You may not have a great grasp on the English language, but have you heard of a hyperbole?
Quote:
overexaggerate

Old 10-06-2011, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Their foundations a good, but it's not what it could be. I just want to help build greek life on my campus and give these girls a place where they feel safe. they're all leaving these organizations because they don't feel that family bond. I'm sorry you all don't agree, but I just wanted to try. All of your sororities were started from scratch, what's wrong with something like that happening now?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Their foundations a good, but it's not what it could be. I just want to help build greek life on my campus and give these girls a place where they feel safe. they're all leaving these organizations because they don't feel that family bond. I'm sorry you all don't agree, but I just wanted to try. All of your sororities were started from scratch, what's wrong with something like that happening now?
1. You're going to have the same women rushing, so there's not going to be a huge revolution if/when your organization starts.

2. If you're starting from scratch, then you shouldn't be using sorority templates. If everything about the current GLOs are bad, why would you try to emulate them when creating yours?

Old 10-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Normal people don't start their weekends on Thursdays, but you do what you have to.
You are culturally ignorant. You are also a youngster who knows nothing about what "normal people" do, hence this thread.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
1. You're going to have the same women rushing, so there's not going to be a huge revolution if/when your organization starts.

2. If you're starting from scratch, then you shouldn't be using sorority templates. If everything about the current GLOs are bad, why would you try to emulate them when creating yours?
Most importantly, she's an idiot. Idiots cannot do anything that is not idiotic.