GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 1,884
2 members and 1,882 guests
adamsmaarleyy46, babobygooglet93

Old 07-16-2001, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool Alicia Keys and Maxwell Touring together

I thought I'd take this from the Music thread so it wouldn't get overlooked. Well, actually, CT4 thought of it, but I'm taking the credit, lol. Take a look at the link...
http://www.mtv.com/nav/intro_news.jhtml

I'm trying to figure out which show to go to. I'm too geeked ('member that word??) to wait until October for them to be in Columbus. It's all about the road trip, baby, it's all about the road trip. But I'm a little ticked that some of the shows are in the middle of the week. That kinda puts a damper on my road tripping plans. But we'll figure something out.

I bet this will be one of the hottest concerts this year.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-16-2001, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Dat's it?!!? (yeah, I said "dat")
I know they are gonna add more dates!

Oh, Ideal, just as long as your behind doesn't road trip 9/14 OR 9/15, cause my reservations have been made and I have received my e-ticket!

Old 07-16-2001, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

FYI: To all Midwest GCers.
Alicia Keys is performing free at noon on Friday July 20 or 27 in Public Square in Cleveland. Station Z107.9 has details.
Old 07-16-2001, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Dirtymike, I think it must be the 27th, because my LS told me she'll be in 'Nap this weekend for the Expo. Carla, I forgot to tell you that, sorry. I don't know in what capacity, I just know she'll be there.
Old 07-16-2001, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
YIPPEE!!!!!!!

Well DirtyMike, Old Mike you go scout it out and tell us how she be for us to get amped in October.
Old 07-16-2001, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

CrimsonTide: You're still old as h**ll , even if I do see Alicia for free! lol
Old 07-17-2001, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91:
Dat's it?!!? (yeah, I said "dat")
I know they are gonna add more dates!

Oh, Ideal, just as long as your behind doesn't road trip 9/14 OR 9/15, cause my reservations have been made and I have received my e-ticket!

Well, needless to say, my LS has talked me out of the road trip idea. I have to thank God for her, because she helps keep me grounded. So I will just wait until they come to Columbus. October's not that far away, I guess.

I am SO excited that your reservations are CONFIRMED!!! Skeerious planning, beginning, NOW!

WEND08: Soror, hook us up with info on EVERYTHING (Riverfront Classic events, I mean)!! LOL! I'll shoot you an email with specifics.

Old 07-18-2001, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Maxwell is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE ARTIST EVER!!!!!!!!! I almost cried when I went to get tickets for his last tour and they were sold out. I'm not missing this one!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2001, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Maxwell is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE ARTIST EVER!!!!!!!!! I almost cried when I went to get tickets for his last tour and they were sold out. I'm not missing this one!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2001, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

concert review

W-O-W!!! This concert was UN-BELIEVABLE. Alicia has SO much talent. Y'all just don't understand. For real. I think about 80% of the audience was there solely for Maxwell because most only gave her a light clap to start. By the time she got to the middle of her set it was enthusiastic applause. And at the end, a standing ovation. She talks to the crowd, interacts, and her vibe is just something else. Man.

NOW...(Get it? ) On to Maxwell! OH MY GOSH! I am SO in love with him. He is the CONSUMATE performer. He is SO sexy without taking off a stitch of clothing or making any lewd gestures. He covered his new material AND his best older songs. When he got to 'Til the Cops Come Knockin'...well...

Anyway, I paid a whole HEAP of money for this concert, lol, but I would pay it again! If they are coming ANYWHERE near you (I had to travel 3+ hours for this one myself), GO SEE IT!

I tried not to give away any of the idiosyncracies of the show so as not to ruin it for anyone who is going, but I had to let y'all know; it was ON POINT, no doubt!
Old 09-16-2001, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Re: concert review

Quote:
Originally posted by librasoul22
Anyway, I paid a whole HEAP of money for this concert, lol, but I would pay it again! If they are coming ANYWHERE near you (I had to travel 3+ hours for this one myself), GO SEE IT!

I feel ya! I can't even much do that! For some reason he hasn't even added Texas to his lineup! Fa shame! Fa shame!
Old 10-03-2001, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking HE'S COMING! HE'S COMING! HE'S COMING!

YEAHHHHHH BABY!

THA MAN IS COMING HERE December 1st! Tickets go on sale Saturday. Ya know I'mma be all up in dat joint!

It's gonnnnne be onnnnn like a chicken bone!

I don't know who is coming with him, but heck, Maxwell will be there, so that's all that matters right about NOW!
Old 10-05-2001, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

They were supposed to be here last night, but he was sick, so the show was postponed. People were PISSED!!! It's postponed until Nov. 25th. Not that I care, , since it's sold out.
Old 10-05-2001, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to #1 Leading Lady Send a message via Yahoo to #1 Leading Lady
Quote:
Originally posted by Ideal08
They were supposed to be here last night, but he was sick, so the show was postponed. People were PISSED!!! It's postponed until Nov. 25th. Not that I care, , since it's sold out.
Same thing happened here in Indianapolis.
Old 10-07-2001, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face Get Better, Mannnnnnnn!

Quote:
Originally posted by #1 Leading Lady

Same thing happened here in Indianapolis.
UHHHHHHHH, I know he betta take 2 tylenols and drink plenty of liquids by the time he comes here. Shoot, if he is sick, he doesn't have to sing AT ALL!