GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 317,375
Threads: 115,922
Welcome to our newest member, GladysHutc

Old 11-09-2020, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I'm very uneasy about the current situation. Trump has six GOP justices on the Court, three appointed by him, and at least two, Thomas and Alito, who I might join the Trump appointees in stealing this election.

Maher, on Friday had a great descriptor for what he thought Trump would do, i.e., "Gus" the election, which is a reference to a movie in which a football team had a mule as their kicker because the rulebooks had nothing about mules as kickers in them. In other words, if norms aren't codified, just because we have certain traditions of peacefully transferring power, this President won't be inclined to follow them.

Gus is my new favorite word.
[Apologies for hijacking this thread, but the WDYFLSRN thread where this post belongs has a hideously offensive post in it which I am choosing NOT to have my post follow]

Watching the Trump&Friends Organization voice currently unsupported theories regarding voting errors in our recent national election reminds me of the original run of the tv program Lost: you never knew what wild plotline would come next, or what it 'meant' to the complete story, until the show ended its exhausting six year run.

So, when will Republicans blame mysterious polar bears in Alaska for Trump's overall election defeat?

And FTR, I only ever watched parts of the first and the final episodes of Lost, because its main ending was easy to figure out from carefully viewing its beginning.

(end thread hijack)

Last edited by Cheerio; 11-09-2020 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not worried about conspiracy theories. I'm worried about the Supreme Court accepting illegitimate political arguments to overturn the will of the people. There are at least five justices who I think could potentially side with one of the cocamamie theories advanced by Guiliani et al.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma