GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,460
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, anthonshtolze75
» Online Users: 1,700
2 members and 1,698 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 09-13-2002, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck, it sounds like its going really well for you!
violets
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-13-2002, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face I think I'd die...

If I had to wait till Tuesday -- Jeepers! I think it is so fun to read the different Wisconsin rush threads right now -- y'all sound like you are having good rush times and have good attitudes to boot! I know it will be hard to wait till Tuesday to see how y'all fared!!
Old 09-14-2002, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDHoney
Good luck...have a great weekend and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you on Tuesday!
Old 09-17-2002, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

It's Tuesday! Can't wait to hear how you Wisconsin girls did!!! Good luck!
Old 09-18-2002, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

update?
Old 09-18-2002, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

How great was tonight!!! I got invieted back to my top seven and so I was really excited.
I was invieted to
Alpha Chi O
Chi O
DDD
KKG
Pi-Phi
G Phi B
KATheta

Tongiht I went to four of the houses. I was a little sad because I couldn't be with my Rho Chis who I LOVE so much. They are like my big sisters and I missed being with them tonight.

#1) This was a house that I was intrested in but not crazy about first round. I was happy to go back and get a better feel for the girls and the house. We made cards for a childrens hospital. And this round we got to take tours of all the houses. Their house was very nice but not unbelivable. I got to talk with so many girls and liked them all but didn't feel I really clicked here that well. I think they are sweet and tottaly were the right house for other girls but just maybe not me.

#2) This house was okay. They were my seventh choice going in and I see why. These girls just lacked passion about anything. Every question I asked about social, sisterhood, philanthropy, they just seemed kinda un-intreseted. The craft here was super cute. We made fleece tie blankets for a childrens hospital and it was really fun. Plus we talked about books here, which I thought was kinda cool. I don't really think I'll pref this house either.

#3) How much do I love this house. This was sooo great. It was m fifth choice from 1st rounds but I just felt so at home here. Each girl that I talked to here seemed so real. The house it-self is beautiful, and so livable. I connected well with almost all the girls. Plus the girls I talked to first rounds tottaly came up to see how my weekend went. I will deffinetly pref this house. I honestly could a part of this house.

#4) This was a beautiful house. Right on the lake, big dock, and lots of window rooms. However I felt really uncomfortable here. I don't know what exactly it was but I just felt strange. I guess you should trust your gut. Girls made some comments about extending me a bid and that was tottaly wronge. I told my Rho Chis and everything, I didn't mind, it was kinda flattering, but that was still really odd.

I get to see three more house tomorrow! I'm so pumped for the next round of what's to come. I'm off to sleep and spend some quality time with my text books. Woo Hoo!!
Old 09-18-2002, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats and best of luck! Can't wait to hear more...
Old 09-18-2002, 07:37 AM

Good luck, Badger! Your comments have been quite interesting to read. It sounds like you're looking at everyone very seriously and thinking about how you would fit there. That's great! I hope things keep going well for you. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your week!

Christin
Old 09-18-2002, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Ooh, I'm so excited Alpha Chi is still a consideration! Have fun at all the round 2 parties! Can't wait to hear more! Some of these houses sound beautiful! We have old yucky dorm "halls" at my school!
Old 09-19-2002, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi YA'll
Second parties are so great. I love being able to talk with the girls longer and really feel that I get to know them more. I saw my top three houses from last round, yesterday night. Sadly one of my favorite girls in our rush group just dropped out of no where. Our rush group was pretty close so it's really sad to have one of the girls gone.

#5) This house was my number one pick from last rounds so I had high expectations for this house. I was so dissapointed to have the expereince I did. First off we were double rushed, which I don't like because I feel I never really get to know anyone that well. But the other girl and I did our best. The girls we talked to were all sweet but just like we were in first rounds. Nothing deeper then "what's your major" or "why are you rushing". I was willing to over look allot of issuse with the house, because I really wanted to like them so much. But the clinche for we is when we had talked to three girls, the first girl came up and introduced her-self to us like she'd never met us. When we told her we talked to her first she said "oh, I can never rember if I met people here, or talked to them in class." the girl met us 20 minutes ago. I did not rank this house in my top three. It was just a gut feeling that they wern't right for me anymore.

#6) This house was adorable. I wasn't sure how I felt about them going in but at the end I knew, I liked it. They had a really cute theme about ______ achino, like a mocha cafe kinda thing. The went all out, decorations, clothes, food, all of it. Each girl I talked to was so sweet, and we talked about really different things. Ice cream, why we hate cleaning the bath room, why fall rush is so much fun, and of course philanthropy. There house is unbelivably beautiful. So pretty and so many girls can live in at one time. I just felt so comfortable here and I'd really like to go back for pref night. However, this is like everyother girls dream house on this campus. I liked it allot but girls are like obsessed with this house, so I'm alittle nervouse about getting asked back.

#7) YAY! My second choice from last round, and I still like it soo well. They had a jungle theme and it was pretty cute. These girls honestly were super diverse in personality and looks. They were majoring in everything from Pre-Med to Fashion merchandising. Girls had so much energy and were so excited to be at rush and in this house. I talked about regular topics as well. trading spaces, harry potter, studying abroad, stupid freshman things we had both done, and why we love Martha Stewart. I can really see my self at this house. The girls were so fun, but so real.

Now we went back to a class room, and our Rho Chis (the best ever) bought us pizza and pop for a suprise! The we ranked the houses again 1-11. My top three was easy. I knew I liked them all and my PX said that the order of the three didn't matter as long as they were my top ones.
#3, #7, #6, #1, #5, #2, #4
Now I just have to wait until tomorrow at 5 when I find out my three for pref night. It's so fun, but so nerve racking. I just really hope I get the right house for me. and that I get the "feeling" that these girls keep talking about so that I know what house is right.
best of luck to my fellow Mad-Town Rush girls.

Last edited by BadgerRushee; 09-19-2002 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Glad you're having fun! Good luck!
Old 09-19-2002, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NewGirl Send a message via Yahoo to NewGirl
Talking ahh!

I cant wait to hear where you are preffing!!!
have a great time!
Love
Ashley
Old 09-19-2002, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
I'm so excited for you! Will you tell us what chapters you're preffing when you find out?! I'm dying to know!
Old 09-20-2002, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Tonight is pref night!!!! I'm so excited, I don't know how I will sit through all my classes today. I get home from school at 3:30 which leaves me like 90 minutes to get ready. I have to really plan out my time well. I'm wearing a beutiful maroon silk dress with hand embroidered flowers at the bottom. I bought cute new black sandals and fun earings last night. All that's left to do is go and look for the "feeling".
Have a great day and good luck heather and nicole, my fellow badger babes.
Old 09-20-2002, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
Hey, Madtown Girl! Good luck tonight! I know you're going to be great. Where are you preffing?