GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,482
4 members and 1,478 guests
aidancahvsoz240, navane, Phrozen Sands

Old 02-24-2011, 07:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Iowa State has a traditional Greek system with large houses (the physical structures) more or less all clustered together. It is a tight but smallish system, especially when compared to 20 or 30 years ago and the size of the campus. The dorm life is also tight and many students choose to stick with their dorm crowd and not join Greek life as it sort of offers the same thing for some students. It is most definitely not SEC or even like much of the big 8/12/46 whatever that conference is calling itself these days. If you have the grades, reasonable social skills and an open mind, you should do fine. Recs would be welcomed, but I don't think they'd be required.

If you can't find any direct info on ISU recruitment here, check out recruitment at other larger Midwestern schools. It should be similar.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Iowa State U Greek Weekend -- Informational Event Coming Up

See

http://iowastatedaily.com/news/artic...cc4c03286.html

The event will be held April 1 to 3, 2011. It's for high school juniors and seniors, as well as students at Iowa State or students planning to transfer to Iowa State..
Old 02-24-2011, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Choose your adventure at Iowa State

I am a president of a Fraternity at Iowa State, so I can give you a little more specific information.

Unfortunately Iowa State's webpage takes some getting used to before you can navigate it well. The Greek website is http://www.greek.iastate.edu/

As for Greek life on campus, Iowa State has a tradition Greek life. My house has been on campus for over 100 years. There are 29 Fraternities and 15 sororities. We are very active on campus and have a good relationship with our university. If you are an incoming freshmen you will need to join formal rush in the fall and you will get to meet all of the houses. If you want to get in touch with the sororities earlier, you can come into town for Greek Week. During Greek Week we invite High School students to come stay at Fraternities and Sororities for the weekend. It's a great even and you can get a feel of Greek life.

If you want any more information just use the Greek website to get in contact with more people on the campus!

Hope to see you around next year!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Awesome! I am very anxious to visit ISU again and meet more great people.

I do hope to see you around next year! Thanks for all the help, I feel so much better about trying to prepare information.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SororityDreamer View Post
Awesome! I am very anxious to visit ISU again and meet more great people.

I do hope to see you around next year! Thanks for all the help, I feel so much better about trying to prepare information.
Man, I need to check GC more often...

You'll have a better idea after you attend Greek Getaway and will be more information available as it gets closer to recruitment. I had a great experience in my sorority while I was at Iowa State. While it's not necessarily for everyone, it's always worth checking out.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.

Last edited by ISUKappa; 03-01-2011 at 01:38 PM.