GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 313,837
Threads: 115,441
Welcome to our newest member, charleshomer

Old 08-26-2012, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Wake Forest Recruitment

I have a friend going through recruitment at Wake this year. I plan to write her a rec but since I am many states away and not familiar at all with Wake Forest recruitment, can anyone fill me in on it?

I did a search on GC and found out it is considered competitive and recs are needed. Do I need to get this rec in asap so the chapters can be looking for my friend during fall semester (Wake has deferred rush at semester) or is this campus more laid back?

Any info on this rush would be much appreciated! I can't find too much on GC other than recruitment results.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

My cousin went to Wake and has since graduated, so my information only comes from her and its a few years outdated - but if I recall correctly, it is competitive, but not like the SEC. Recs are needed (though they will say they aren't necessary, its good to have them). I would guess that it would make sense to get the rec in earlier so that she could potentially be on their radar.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you! I am guilty of thinking all rush has the same intensity of SEC rush, so I am at a real loss about Wake and the culture there. I am going to advise her to follow all of the usual advice : keep your grades up, watch yourself first semester - don't be THAT girl, get to know the women in your classes, present yourself well at all times, etc.

Do these houses look for campus involvement as a priority? It would seem that might be hard to accomplish after just one semester.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

This is not Wake specific, but I think getting involved with at least one activity can be helpful. Its a way to meet others on campus including sorority women.